+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

Crtw6

Dec 6, 2020
Hi guys! Our application was received by Sydney, NS office on May 1st 2020. We haven't heard anything at all from iRCC since then! Sent a webform every month and got the same generic response that Application is not in the system yet. I also called customer service and got basically the same response! Is there anybody from April or the beginning of May who haven't received AOR1? Appreciate any advice I could get! Good luck to all!

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
That is unreal. Sorry to hear. I noticed some November apps have already got aor. Trying to figure out their formula is beyond me. Everything seems to be all over the place.

Crtw6

Dec 6, 2020
That is unreal. Sorry to hear. I noticed some November apps have already got aor. Trying to figure out their formula is beyond me. Everything seems to be all over the place.
Thank you! Do you have an AOR1?

pc8922

Jun 6, 2017
Hi guys! Our application was received by Sydney, NS office on May 1st 2020. We haven't heard anything at all from iRCC since then! Sent a webform every month and got the same generic response that Application is not in the system yet. I also called customer service and got basically the same response! Is there anybody from April or the beginning of May who haven't received AOR1? Appreciate any advice I could get! Good luck to all!
Can you call them and ask for a Temporary Number? If you get one, then it is atleast not lost. It seems as if that might be a possibility. I hope it is not. Please do update us here. Good luck.

DSpartners

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
Hi All,

I have been thinking about and looking into these statements about PPR being sent out in batches by CPC-Ottawa. Did anyone hear about how frequently they do that? I saw multiple threads but there was no definitive answer about this. For all we know now is that the last one was on the 31st of December 2020.

I did randomly go through some spousal sponsorship application trackers back till 2019. Though the passport requests came on almost any date in a month, I saw the first 5, mid 5 and last 5 days of any month have been the most common PPR request dates. It might just be my overanalyzing brain cells wanting to hold on to some logic in these indefinite times :)

Just thinking out loud here knowing there are so many others waiting to be re-united with their spouse.

rrss13

Mar 24, 2020
Hi All,

I have been thinking about and looking into these statements about PPR being sent out in batches by CPC-Ottawa. Did anyone hear about how frequently they do that? I saw multiple threads but there was no definitive answer about this. For all we know now is that the last one was on the 31st of December 2020.

I did randomly go through some spousal sponsorship application trackers back till 2019. Though the passport requests came on almost any date in a month, I saw the first 5, mid 5 and last 5 days of any month have been the most common PPR request dates. It might just be my overanalyzing brain cells wanting to hold on to some logic in these indefinite times :)

Just thinking out loud here knowing there are so many others waiting to be re-united with their spouse.
Yup last ppr from Ottawa was December 31. Trying to see if there’s a logic to this process as well. What’s your timeline?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I have been thinking about and looking into these statements about PPR being sent out in batches by CPC-Ottawa. ... For all we know now is that the last one was on the 31st of December 2020.
Note the below is only my own speculation and interpretation, even though I'm pretty sure it's correct.

I think this issue of batching is easily understood: the Minister announced a target for number of finalised (PPR presumably) family reunification/spousal cases by the end of calendar 2020. They rearranged staff and processes to attempt to meet the target.

The only 'batch' was really in the last week or two of 2020 - this was transparently an attempt to meet the target, or at least get closer to it, focussed on the Ottawa VO.

That's it, that was the only batch. Don't expect any more in the near term unless there is some other target or internal reorganisation.

(I'm not saying this is good or bad - human systems and politics being what they are, public announcements of targets lead organisations to attempt to meet those targets.)

rrss13

Mar 24, 2020
Note the below is only my own speculation and interpretation, even though I'm pretty sure it's correct.

I think this issue of batching is easily understood: the Minister announced a target for number of finalised (PPR presumably) family reunification/spousal cases by the end of calendar 2020. They rearranged staff and processes to attempt to meet the target.

The only 'batch' was really in the last week or two of 2020 - this was transparently an attempt to meet the target, or at least get closer to it, focussed on the Ottawa VO.

That's it, that was the only batch. Don't expect any more in the near term unless there is some other target or internal reorganisation.

(I'm not saying this is good or bad - human systems and politics being what they are, public announcements of targets lead organisations to attempt to meet those targets.)
Yeah that does make sense. So, you think we won’t be asked for passport any time soon?

Before November 28 Ottawa was only giving pre arrivals and then on November 28 they sent out a whole bunch of decision mades. Ever since then they have just been giving dm either with pre arrival or a day after pre arrival.

The whole passport request thing makes no sense to me and is illogical to hold off in my opinion. Most VO’s ask for passport within a few days of decision made (from what I have seen). We have had decision made since January 8 (almost 4 weeks) it’s getting frustrating waiting for passport request.