+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yeah that does make sense. So, you think we won’t be asked for passport any time soon?

Before November 28 Ottawa was only giving pre arrivals and then on November 28 they sent out a whole bunch of decision mades. Ever since then they have just been giving dm either with pre arrival or a day after pre arrival.

The whole passport request thing makes no sense to me and is illogical to hold off in my opinion. Most VO’s ask for passport within a few days of decision made (from what I have seen). We have had decision made since January 8 (almost 4 weeks) it’s getting frustrating waiting for passport request.
I have no specific information, can only speculate, and not (I think) in a particularly useful way, i.e. won't help much. They may or may not be dealing with other urgent matters, have reorganised, or attempting to reorganise. Or indeed they may be doing some kind of batch process. About all I can say is that based on my guess above, the previous 'batching' was / seems to have been a rather transparent push to meet targets and not necessarily indicative of what will happen next.

Sorry that this is probably not that helpful in terms of info about what might happen next.

Reactions: rrss13

rrss13

Mar 24, 2020
I have no specific information, can only speculate, and not (I think) in a particularly useful way, i.e. won't help much. They may or may not be dealing with other urgent matters, have reorganised, or attempting to reorganise. Or indeed they may be doing some kind of batch process. About all I can say is that based on my guess above, the previous 'batching' was / seems to have been a rather transparent push to meet targets and not necessarily indicative of what will happen next.

Sorry that this is probably not that helpful in terms of info about what might happen next.
Thank you for your reply!

DSpartners

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
Yup last ppr from Ottawa was December 31. Trying to see if there’s a logic to this process as well. What’s your timeline?
I'm not the best at terminology used in the forum but I'll try to summarise the events:

Application sent : May 21 2020
Application receipt : October 28 2020
Medicals Passed : December 8 2020
Biometrics given : December 29 2020

It has been quiet after that. Not sure what to expect.

You mention your application says decision made? Can you please give your timeline?

Last edited:

DSpartners

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
Note the below is only my own speculation and interpretation, even though I'm pretty sure it's correct.

I think this issue of batching is easily understood: the Minister announced a target for number of finalised (PPR presumably) family reunification/spousal cases by the end of calendar 2020. They rearranged staff and processes to attempt to meet the target.

The only 'batch' was really in the last week or two of 2020 - this was transparently an attempt to meet the target, or at least get closer to it, focussed on the Ottawa VO.

That's it, that was the only batch. Don't expect any more in the near term unless there is some other target or internal reorganisation.

(I'm not saying this is good or bad - human systems and politics being what they are, public announcements of targets lead organisations to attempt to meet those targets.)
Yeah. It could be anything. But I hope they are trying their best to approve the applications and send us all good news.

Thank you for responding @armoured !

Last edited:

rrss13

Mar 24, 2020
I'm not the best at terminology used in the forum but I'll try to summarise the events:

Application sent : May 21 2020
Application receipt : October 28 2020
Medicals Passed : December 8 2020
Biometrics given : December 29 2020

It has been quiet after that. Not sure what to expect.

You mention your application says decision made? Can you please give your timeline?
Timeline:
Application received: March 24, 2020
BIL: October 20, 2020
AOR: October 21, 2020
Medical Request: October 21, 2020
Sponsor Approval: October 23, 2020
Medical Passed: November 1, 2020
Moved to Ottawa VO: November 5, 2020
Biometrics Given/Passed: November 25, 2020
AOR2: December 2, 2020
Pre-Arrival: January 7, 2021
DM: January 8, 2021
PPR:

Reactions: DSpartners

DSpartners

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
Timeline:
Application received: March 24, 2020
BIL: October 20, 2020
AOR: October 21, 2020
Medical Request: October 21, 2020
Sponsor Approval: October 23, 2020
Medical Passed: November 1, 2020
Moved to Ottawa VO: November 5, 2020
Biometrics Given/Passed: November 25, 2020
AOR2: December 2, 2020
Pre-Arrival: January 7, 2021
DM: January 8, 2021
PPR:
All the best @rrss13 ! Hope you get the PPR soon.

Any idea if DM and passport request can be at the same time? Or are they always apart?

DSpartners

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
They can be within days of each other or considerably longer - but generally reasonably close in time (weeks).
@armoured : Thank you. We also got the pre-arrival letter on December 23 2020. That's even before the biometrics have been submitted. Not sure if that's the expected sequence.

Will we still be expecting a DM next and the passport request later? Or are there any other steps in between?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
@armoured : Thank you. We also got the pre-arrival letter on December 23 2020. That's even before the biometrics have been submitted. Not sure if that's the expected sequence.

Will we still be expecting a DM next and the passport request later? Or are there any other steps in between?
Usually it is DM and PPR later. Other steps - as far as I'm aware not usually (although things can come up).

Mishthi

Star Member
Aug 25, 2020
Another week without updates. Looks like things haven't changed much in April/May sheet the whole week.