+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
If you check the tracking sheet you can see that Ottawa has only done one batch of ppr on dec 31. Zero after that (unless they were in Canada and applied outland) from what I have seen
I think that there was a big amount of ppr's at the end of the year to try and increase the number processed for the 2020 year to try and reach the government's goal of X of apps processed. I think you won't see them being done in batches like that again but I could be wrong.

DSpartners

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
All files are moved to some other visa office after Sydney. Not necessarily in country of origin - some Canadian offices too, and sometimes in other countries. During covid there have been more cases of being moved to 'less busy' offices (less busy now) such as in China or ottawa.
@armoured Thank you for telling! Should the file move from Ottawa again if we got DM? Or is Ottawa from where PPR will be sent?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
@armoured Thank you for telling! Should the file move from Ottawa again if we got DM? Or is Ottawa from where PPR will be sent?
I'm not clear what question you're asking. It doesn't much matter which office sends the passport request, they'll provide options to submit the passport in the country of residence of the applicant and/or in Canada if the applicant is there.

But they don't need to move the physical file to another office to issue the visa/copr.

Note in some places like EU they may only issue at some 'dedicated' visa offices like London or Paris or Warsaw. But those are details that don't much concern the applicant (except for hassle of how to submit by courier and physical return).

(I'm not sure exactly how they handle if the applicant happens to be in a third country - in principle the visa/copr can be issued in almost any visa office, but may not be easy)

DSpartners

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
I'm not clear what question you're asking. It doesn't much matter which office sends the passport request, they'll provide options to submit the passport in the country of residence of the applicant and/or in Canada if the applicant is there.

But they don't need to move the physical file to another office to issue the visa/copr.

Note in some places like EU they may only issue at some 'dedicated' visa offices like London or Paris or Warsaw. But those are details that don't much concern the applicant (except for hassle of how to submit by courier and physical return).

(I'm not sure exactly how they handle if the applicant happens to be in a third country - in principle the visa/copr can be issued in almost any visa office, but may not be easy)
@armoured Your explanation clarifies my doubt. Thank you!

Reactions: armoured

rrss13

Mar 24, 2020
I was 70% to timeline early last week, however I the progress bar has disappeared from our profile since then. . We are not able to see the % or time left any more
Oh that bar doesn’t mean much it’s just a 365 day countdown. When and where was your file transferred to?

Crtw6

Dec 6, 2020
I don't know exactly where my application is . I just have aor1 .I don't know how these applications are being processed. Many November and December candidates are getting aors, medical and all that stuff .
We are April, and don’t even have AOR...

Crtw6

Dec 6, 2020
crtw6, You need to inquire. I know times are all over the place but that seems off.
I’m in the April thread too... Seems to be a lot of us... But yes, we call ever week, and now our MP is involved. They are in contact with IRCC and are trying to get some answers... Fingers crossed.

Reactions: Mishthi

ManiNivi

Star Member
May 22, 2020
Below is the message IRCC kept in GC Key login page.
Not sure since when this is...

Due to the impacts of COVID-19

• we’re experiencing processing delays
  • we’re prioritizing applications from people who are exempt from travel restrictions
  • depending on your application type, you may not have heard from us or seen changes in your application status
    • If you’ve had a medical exam or given biometrics, they won’t show in your account until we process them.
    • We currently have a backlog of medical exams to process, but when we do process them, you’ll see them in your account.

Looks like they are processing all the medical exams.
One of my friends got the medical request for his spouse month after the timeline has ended.