+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

Thanos007

Star Member
Nov 29, 2020
Thanos Ibwoukd be very happy if I got mine in the year to date. Im a June applicant. But yah seems to be picking up. Whats your thoughts?
I saw the sheet and someone name toxikrait got the PPR. So thought maybe things will start moving again. Hope The COVID melodrama is put aside and everyone start reuniting soon. I just wish for the best. And any positive sign is what can make us believe things will be better in Jan.

mandy24

Jan 4, 2021
It seems like they are randomly picking applications. Sure we have seen AOR from Aug but many are waiting in March/May/April etc. I haven't heard anything (mine was reached on June 30). So given their track record so far I don't have high expectations from them.
Mine reached June 9th and nothing yet

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
True, very. They are all over the board. Some this year already ppr. Some March apps still waiting AOR.

MeToo2020

Nov 6, 2020
We got passport request. VFS office saying we have to use 2-way courier service; however, it has been 5 days and they have not replied back to date to pick up and payment request. We have only 30 days to get the passport to New Dehli and the only way to get it there is the VFS service.

Anyone have suggestions or comments?

fazlook

Nov 4, 2016
Ottawa
I believe on the forum here AOR2 is considered to be when ECAS changes to "In process" at the LVO, same idea as AOR is when they start to process it at Syndey.
Yes it show In process under ECAS and I passed my medical on Dec 29th. What's after that? what email am I expecting?

ManiNivi

Star Member
May 22, 2020
We got passport request. VFS office saying we have to use 2-way courier service; however, it has been 5 days and they have not replied back to date to pick up and payment request. We have only 30 days to get the passport to New Dehli and the only way to get it there is the VFS service.

Anyone have suggestions or comments?
I believe you did sent an email to VAC contact center @ PassportSubmission@vfshelpline.com stating that you have received passport request from IRCC.
They will reply on next steps to follow.

In our case, They have collected the money for 2-way courier while giving biometric itself and gave us the receipt.
Will need to e-mail after receiving PPR from IRCC for the next steps.

Mishthi

Star Member
Aug 25, 2020
Hello , I see for some people in sheet it's showing biometric exempt, what does that mean ? They are not required to provide biometric , or ircc already has their biometric from past ?

ManiNivi

Star Member
May 22, 2020
Hello , I see for some people in sheet it's showing biometric exempt, what does that mean ? They are not required to provide biometric , or ircc already has their biometric from past ?
They might have given their biometric already.
Exempted because it is valid for 10 years from the date given.

minot222

Mar 4, 2019
We received AOR1 about 6 weeks ago and since then we've had no updates. Not a sponsor approval, medical or biometrics requests. Just makes me wonder if I'll open my mailbox one day and see a returned application package.

Some cool things I've had the pleasure of experiencing
  • I submitted a webform 3 months ago to check if everything was okay with the sponsorship application, they said our application was missing, few days later we got AOR1.
  • A few years ago I applied for PR and my PPR request email was sent to an immigration lawyer I've never used, the lawyer was kind enough to track me down and forward the email.
  • IRCC has used the wrong last name in my spouse's sponsorship application which I've been trying to change. No idea why this happened because all documents and forms are correct.
Anyway, I feel even more sorry for those with no updates at all. 2020 was a slow year for processing, lets hope 2021 goes well.
Anyway, this rant is done.

Reactions: armoured

rrss13

Mar 24, 2020
Hello , what is AOR2. ? How is it different from AOR1 ?
After your application is sent to a visa office, application goes from application received to in process. Then on ecas when you click on permanent residence it will say “we started process your application on ______”

Mishthi

Star Member
Aug 25, 2020
After your application is sent to a visa office, application goes from application received to in process. Then on ecas when you click on permanent residence it will say “we started process your application on ______”
Oh I see . .that means no separate email for AOR 2 ?