+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

n4zari

Jul 2, 2020
It is due to missing documents unfortunately. Seems no exception for how long the wait.
I have a doubt since I could only get a scanned copy of my PCC due to the pandemic, but then after my application was sent I received the hard copy. I hope they don't cause a problem.

maxayma

May 11, 2020
I have a doubt since I could only get a scanned copy of my PCC due to the pandemic, but then after my application was sent I received the hard copy. I hope they don't cause a problem.
The formal message is that in case of any missing documents due to the pandemic, the app is still accepted as long as an explanation letter was provided. The argument for March's returned cases maybe because it was received before the pandemic's services shutdown around the world and Canada that started almost by mid-March.

Did you explain why you could not provide the original?

anuatmail

Mar 29, 2020
I fear the same ,I Did the same too please keep me posted if you hear anything

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
its scary to see some of march applications were returned after a long wait.
On one side they were saying NOTHING will be returned, but when they find 1 signature missing , a small amount --less fees were paid or a form wrongly filled; they send the whole thing back so that guy start from scrtach!! I think this POLICY can be changed and should be too . They could simply send e-mail to resubmit that particular thing or fee or minor mistakes.. It is quite serious to throw the guy out of a BIG LINE UP :(
Who agrees here lets see?

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
What happened to our immigration system? Back in 2005 I applied for my first spouse from visa required country and she was here in exactly 10 months! I had 2 notification by regular mail AOR1 and SA, no interview no nothing and that was it! Never even called ircc once! Now its like rocket science with Trackers, webforms, phone agents, MP inquiries, additional proofs, fear of interview, denials without Procedural Fairness letters, gcms notes figuring out ircc codes, etc, etc. Sponsoring a spouse should not be this bloody hard.

Reactions: singleman

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
What happened to our immigration system? Back in 2005 I applied for my first spouse from visa required country and she was here in exactly 10 months! I had 2 notification by regular mail AOR1 and SA, no interview no nothing and that was it! Never even called ircc once! Now its like rocket science with Trackers, webforms, phone agents, MP inquiries, additional proofs, fear of interview, denials without Procedural Fairness letters, gcms notes figuring out ircc codes, etc, etc. Sponsoring a spouse should not be this bloody hard.
Sounds like it's getting complicated day by day. Who did it? Partially our own fake intruders who enter country not for joining family but for getting a better life, by divorcing the sponsor within days of arrival or within few years of arrival ! They have their plans be4 marriage YES And on top no. of applicants has also increased but staff could be the same. Many factors R there. I know long time ago. A sponsor would write a few lines on 1 piece of paper with application, within few months she would get a conditional Visa so that she marries that sponsor within 90 days. There were no Qs like No. of guests? Honeymoon? Parents present or not? If not why not? Reception party or no party? If not why not? Translate even chats ! Age gaps? Education gaps? Background matches or not? Culture same or diff? Previous Attempts coming to Canada? How much shopping done? All things and many more ...YES now it is all asked. It is like a thief and Police, where police puts many ways to catch a thief but thieves get more smarter with it. Fakers still come they find many ways , they produce 350 fake guests , more shopping/chats/and what not ..What will be next? think of it!

Reactions: n4zari and Phalos

maxayma

May 11, 2020
Sounds like it's getting complicated day by day. Who did it? Partially our own fake intruders who enter country not for joining family but for getting a better life, by divorcing the sponsor within days of arrival or within few years of arrival ! They have their plans be4 marriage YES And on top no. of applicants has also increased but staff could be the same. Many factors R there. I know long time ago. A sponsor would write a few lines on 1 piece of paper with application, within few months she would get a conditional Visa so that she marries that sponsor within 90 days. There were no Qs like No. of guests? Honeymoon? Parents present or not? If not why not? Reception party or no party? If not why not? Translate even chats ! Age gaps? Education gaps? Background matches or not? Culture same or diff? Previous Attempts coming to Canada? How much shopping done? All things and many more ...YES now it is all asked. It is like a thief and Police, where police puts many ways to catch a thief but thieves get more smarter with it. Fakers still come they find many ways , they produce 350 fake guests , more shopping/chats/and what not ..What will be next? think of it!
Yes part of the responsibility for complicating the process falls under the applicants who want to abuse the system Therefor, it is totally understood that IRCC has to do more investigations. But the mistake here from IRCC part is the generalization. Same way they treat visa applicants from countries with history of visa violations. IRCC assumes that since the applicant is from one of those countries then he/she will overstay like their countrymen. Making the visa almost impossible to get. Not all applicants are equal. Not all relationships/marriages are fraud. There are real people with real life on stake or better to say on hold waiting for IRCC's decision. The real challenge and responsibility on the IRCC is how to balance all and to avoid prejudgments.

Reactions: singleman

amrit93

Dec 21, 2018
Hey guys, just wanted to say that I applied for my spouse's outland application in June 2020. Today called IRCC and the rep provided me with a temporary file number acknowledging that the file was received on June 18 and she could see a prospective i.e. temporary file number created. So, there is some progress happening I would say :)

Reactions: nlkuhner and rrss13

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hey guys, just wanted to say that I applied for my spouse's outland application in June 2020. Today called IRCC and the rep provided me with a temporary file number acknowledging that the file was received on June 18 and she could see a prospective i.e. temporary file number created. So, there is some progress happening I would say :)
Same here temp no. given

maxayma

May 11, 2020
But does not mean anything. Just they received it...nothing more. Maybe inserted into the system ?
It only means it was received, scanned and waiting in the line for an officer to do the completeness check. If found complete it will be officially in the system with the application number (which is the temp. number mins without the X in the beginning) and they will send the AOR1 and start processing.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
But does not mean anything. Just they received it...nothing more. Maybe inserted into the system ?
I think it means some guy picked up the file from big lineups and put it on a table of I/Officer assigned a TEMP serial number may be without looking inside file what is inside? OR may be he checked all docs,, else he would have returned file????
Any ideas ,,comments by VIPs?

Last edited:

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
OK fellows I tried to link with account and look;-

Based on the information you entered, we found no applications.

What do I do next? You may have made a mistake entering your information. Go back and try to enter it again. You can only try to link an application five times in 24 hours.

Aniavi

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
Does IRCC/CIC inform you by email in case they are sending back the application for missing document/signature/sponsor ineligibility? or do they just send back the application package back with no intimation of rejection for the missing document/signature/sponsor ineligibility?