+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

fazlook

Nov 4, 2016
Ottawa
Ok everyone writes a paragraph that express his concerns and Send it to me. I will combine them all together in a letter format and post it back here.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
I found this :-

Intake of new permanent residence applications will continue. Files that are incomplete due to unavailable documents will be retained in the system and reviewed in 90 days.

New, complete permanent residence applications under section 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) will be processed as per normal procedures while talking in to consideration the additional processing guidance outlined in these instructions.

If a new application is missing supporting documentation (associated fees are required), the applicant should include an explanation with their application that they are affected by the service disruptions as a result of the novel coronavirus. The application may then be promoted and reviewed in 90 days. New applications should be promoted in the order they were received, and the org ID should be associated with them when the applicant self-identifies. If the application is still incomplete in 60 days, officers should request the missing documents with an additional 90-day deadline.

Applications found to be incomplete with no explanation provided, or for reasons unrelated to the disruption of services associated with impacts of the novel coronavirus, may be rejected as per section R10, and all fees associated with the application should be refunded to the applicant. The reason for rejection should be unrelated to the disruption of services.

Offices in the Centralized and Domestic Networks will continue to process permanent residence applications where the principal applicant is in Canada and has overseas dependants, taking into account the delays that may occur. The principal applicant should not be granted permanent residence if their overseas dependants cannot travel. Clients will be contacted to ascertain next steps once travel is possible again.

Approved permanent residence applications (COPR and PRV)
Permanent residence application approval procedures (for finalized applications) and refusals (for reasons unrelated to the disruption of services), may continue.

Permanent residence applicants who are in possession of a confirmation of permanent residence (COPR) and permanent resident visa (PRV) and inform us, by submitting a web form to IRCC, that they are unable to travel within the validity of their documentation should be processed as follows:

• Valid COPR and PRV: In an effort to reduce the number of cancelled COPRs and PRVs, a note should be placed in the file explaining that the applicant is unable to travel, and the file should be brought forward to the expiration date of the COPR and PRV. If the applicant informs IRCC that they can travel prior to the COPR and PRV expiration, they are encouraged to use their existing COPR and PRV to land.
  • Expired COPR and PRV: If the applicant informs IRCC via the web form that they are unable or unwilling to travel after the expiration of their COPR and PRV, or if they are unable or unwilling to travel prior to expiration, officers are to re-open the application, and it should be brought forward for review in 90 days.
Re-opened applications
Approved applications can be re-opened in GCMS by cancelling the COPR and PRV and removing the final decision.

When to review a re-opened application
Once the applicant informs IRCC via the web form that they are able to travel, a re-opened application may be re-approved provided that the applicant and their family members, whether accompanying or not, have valid immigration medical examinations, criminal and security checks and passports.

If the 60-day waiting period elapses and the applicant has not informed us that they are able to travel, a note should be placed in the application, and it should be brought forward for review for an additional 60 days.

Medical examinations
All permanent residence applicants must have valid immigration medical examination (IME) results in order for officers to finalize an application. See the complete list of panel physicians.

Should the IMEs be expired by the time the applicant and their family are ready to travel, new IMEs (or a reassessment of the IMEs, if possible) will be required prior to finalization.

Do not request a new IME until the applicant indicates that they are ready to travel.
IRCC offices abroad and case processing centres within the Centralized Network and the Domestic Network should remain flexible in providing extensions for getting medical examinations where feasible and until further notice. These instructions will be updated as the situation evolves.

Permanent residence applications with current medical results that are valid for more than 6 months may be finalized, and the COPR may be issued, if possible.

my everything

May 27, 2020
Hi,
I've seen an interesting chart about average number of days to pass through different stages in the process (for applicants from 2019). I'm curious to know how the variation is for different countries (in my case, my wife is from Bangladesh). Is there any data that anyone has compiled on that ?

Genghiskhan123

Jan 4, 2020
Hi guyz.

I am posting in this group as currently no group is made for June applicants. I am hopeful my application will be send in the first week of June. Best of luck to All for AOR's.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021

Atinderpal77

May 27, 2020
Atinderpal77 : If it has been delivered may like to wait. Sometimes they redirect the package to right deptt. OR they will return the whole package back to you. Will cause few days /weeks delay with this mistake. so take it easy if it has been delivered OR as he said contact courier
Ok thanks for reply and do you think i need to fill ircc web form for any updates and i call them they said they dont have anything in there system thanks

jamaali

Jan 5, 2020
Jamaica
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston Visa Office
App. Filed.......
20-05-2020
AOR Received.
17-11-2020
Hi. Is the email of AOR sent to sponsor, principal applicant or both?

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Ok thanks for reply and do you think i need to fill ircc web form for any updates and i call them they said they dont have anything in there system thanks
May like to wait 2-3 weeks more. You will get something, either a whole package back if not then wait more for AOR1

Reactions: Atinderpal77

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hi. Is the email of AOR sent to sponsor, principal applicant or both?
I found ONLY SPONSOR gets AOR 1, they send most emails to sponsor,applicant only gets an interview letter, F/print or medicals. And applicant won't know when they start or complete B G checks until it appears on web.
Here is a good example when they start communicating with Applicant:-

Application step Current status

Review of eligibility:: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

Review of medical: You do not need a medical exam. (passed) We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: Completed We will send you a message if this changes.

Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.

Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. ( we can't be sure that there will be NO interview, most cases it will change as follows.

Background check : Not applicable. ? but will change later to> month, 20xx Your background check was completed.

Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

If application is sent to Visa Office U get something like this;-

This message is being sent to confirm that the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to the visa office in XYZ COUNTRY for further processing. Should you need to submit additional information or make any further enquiries regarding the

Application for Permanent Residence for your relative, you must email the visa office listed above directly using the “IRCC Web Form”.

Dear XYZ (APPLICANT):

An interview concerning your application for permanent residence in Canada has been scheduled for you at the High Commission of Canada, >>XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. Details of the date and time of your interview are listed below. Please note that the format for the date is (yyyy/mm/dd).

Interview XXXXXXX XXXX/XX/XX 09:45:00

FILE NO. XXXXXXXXXXX DOB XXXX/XX/XX

APPLICATION NO.XXXXXXXX NAME XYZ DOB XXXX/XX/XX

To allow sufficient time to pass through security, please appear at least 15 minutes but not more than 30 minutes before your scheduled interview time.
AN OPTION TO HIRE A TRANSLATOR FOLLOWS THIS with details.

Last edited:

jr88

Mar 14, 2019
I also got a strange email from CIC this morning, they said "We're still working on your application" and I thought YES! but then it was an email regarding an expired Working Holiday visa from 2019. Then 10 minutes later, an identical email but this time regarding my active ETA application I made in June 2019. Possible an administrative error, I do not know.

My and my Canadian spouses outland application was delivered by UPS Express to Sydney NS on 28/05/20. Now sitting patiently awaiting AOR. I wonder if this morning's emails are related to the spousal application we made? I understand there is a backlog but any idea of the estimated time from start to finish? Am I looking at a 15 month timeframe?

Cheers all.

Reactions: Atinderpal77

jr88

Mar 14, 2019
My wife's application was delivered on the 28th of May. Haven't heard anything from them yet
Would you like to keep in touch over the next year or so via this thread? We can post updates when we received emails, or new info