+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

nlkuhner

Jan 6, 2017
Greetings All! I received my passport request yesterday! The instructions state that I need to send in passport photos of me and any accompanying family members. Does this mean I have to send in pictures of my spouse? She my sponsor and is a dual citizen, US & Canadian. My application was outland, we are both currently residing in the US and we will be traveling together when I land. Thank you all in advance for any advice!

Reactions: jckp and adele777

adele777

May 29, 2020
Greetings All! I received my passport request yesterday! The instructions state that I need to send in passport photos of me and any accompanying family members. Does this mean I have to send in pictures of my spouse? She my sponsor and is a dual citizen, US & Canadian. My application was outland, we are both currently residing in the US and we will be traveling together when I land. Thank you all in advance for any advice!
I also received PPR today and have the same question like you

Reactions: jckp

aceinthedeck

Star Member
Jul 27, 2017
Toronto
Your spouse doesn't need to send the pictures as she is a Canadian citizen already. It's needed for anyone who has been granted PR.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Your spouse doesn't need to send the pictures as she is a Canadian citizen already. It's needed for anyone who has been granted PR.
I agree but to clarify: it's for PR applicants on the same application as the principal applicant (i.e. accompanying dependents, but not dependents who are already citizens or PRs). The 'accompanying' in the PPR letter refers to this sense of accompanying as applicants, not accompanying for actual physical travel.

The sponsor does not need to provide, whether a PR or citizen (as obviously neither an existing PR nor citizen can be granted PR status).

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
HK visa office,
Now I have problem how to pay for the Package transmission 和 One-Way Courier Service fee,
I can't find the link on the https://visa.vfsglobal.com/hkg/ website,
It redirect me back to IRCC where I paid the PR application fee.
You have to look at the apply for a visa - service charges subheading. Note I've no experience with the HK office, if you want to confirm with them whether able to pay in a different way (online), there's no functional link I can see, you could try the online chat.

It says the following:
Payment of Canada Visa Application Centre Service Charges and optional additional services

• In person - By Cash or EPS at the Canada Visa Application Centre in Hong Kong Dollar (HKD)
  • By Mail - Please prepare the total amount in one bank draft payable towards “Glory Visa Consulting Co Ltd”. The payment must be made in Hong Kong dollars with the payee bank located in Hong Kong.

adele777

May 29, 2020
@armoured

I have to pack bank draft inside the package? so old school....
and the bank info are not listed on the website, I need to call them tomorrow

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I have to pack bank draft inside the package? so old school....
and the bank info are not listed on the website, I need to call them tomorrow
A bank draft is like a cheque, it doesn't require the bank info. (You do know what a cheque is, right?)

Yes, old school. Call them and hopefully they have a better way, I'm just saying what's on the website.

fazlook

Nov 4, 2016
Ottawa
Guys what does this mean? I sent an email the my VO asking for an update, they did mention the first steps...with medical, etc....but at the end they said:

• The criminality verifications are currently valid.
  • The security verifications have not been initiated.
what does criminality mean? is that the fingerprints thing? what's the different between security verifivation and criminality?

adele777

May 29, 2020
Guys what does this mean? I sent an email the my VO asking for an update, they did mention the first steps...with medical, etc....but at the end they said:

• The criminality verifications are currently valid.
  • The security verifications have not been initiated.
what does criminality mean? is that the fingerprints thing? what's the different between security verifivation and criminality?
criminality verifications should be your submitted police ceritficate
security verifications should be 3rd party authority i.e. ICPO, that's mean your background check don't start yet

adele777

May 29, 2020
A bank draft is like a cheque, it doesn't require the bank info. (You do know what a cheque is, right?)

Yes, old school. Call them and hopefully they have a better way, I'm just saying what's on the website.
yeah, I have a cheque book issued by a HK bank, but I never use it before so that I have no idea
I called HK VAC today to confirm the total amount of the handling fee,
they receive local bank cheque, but not international wire transfer.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
yeah, I have a cheque book issued by a HK bank, but I never use it before so that I have no idea
I called HK VAC today to confirm the total amount of the handling fee,
they receive local bank cheque, but not international wire transfer.
Afraid I don't know specifics of where you are etc - presumably HK - just make sure you confirm with vfs locally, as local banking terminology/standard practice can be a bit different everywhere. A bank draft is basically a cheque issued by the bank in its own name (as good as money for the recipient); in Canada it used to be more common to do a certified cheque (you write your own cheque and take it to your bank and they stamp it, after which it's basically the same as a bank draft). A local bank cheque in your own name - not as good as the bank can decline it if no funds, and can take a day or weeks to 'clear' depending on country (USA used to be particularly slow).

Anyway don't mean to complicate things for you, just make sure you know what they want. I'm surprised they don't use some local bank transfer system but every place is different.

adele777

May 29, 2020
@armoured
because i am not a hong kong resident (although i have a hk bank account)
in the good old days, i will go to the vac in person,
but under covid19, travel ban keep me away from hk for over a year,
anyway, if cheque is not ok i could use a friend in hk

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
@armoured
because i am not a hong kong resident (although i have a hk bank account)
in the good old days, i will go to the vac in person,
but under covid19, travel ban keep me away from hk for over a year,
anyway, if cheque is not ok i could use a friend in hk
If you're not in Hong Kong, where will you submit passport? I'd look at submitting where you are.