+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2020 - Citizenship Application

Smrithy

Star Member
May 3, 2013
Hello, I applied on May 14. My application status is still In progress. :( Is there anybody here having same status? Is there a reason why some applications are getting delayed?

Reactions: Val-Kon

FSerrano91

Jan 10, 2018
Happy New Year and Happy Holidays to all of you,

I have a question regarding the citizenship certificate. I had my citizenship oath on Dec 6 and my application was updated to completed ( Closed: Congratulations you are now a Canadian citizen) on December 9.

I haven’t received yet my citizenship certificate as of today Jan 2. As far as I know the day when application is updated to completed is the day when one’s citizenship certificate is mailed, but it’s been almost a months since that happened and I I haven’t received my certificate in the mail.

is this normal? Has anybody else experienced a similar situation?

Swappy

Star Member
Mar 16, 2018
Happy New Year and Happy Holidays to all of you,

I have a question regarding the citizenship certificate. I had my citizenship oath on Dec 6 and my application was updated to completed ( Closed: Congratulations you are now a Canadian citizen) on December 9.

I haven’t received yet my citizenship certificate as of today Jan 2. As far as I know the day when application is updated to completed is the day when one’s citizenship certificate is mailed, but it’s been almost a months since that happened and I I haven’t received my certificate in the mail.

is this normal? Has anybody else experienced a similar situation?
Mine is even worse, oath completed Nov 30th, still waiting. Take a look here, what a botched process. https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/citizenship-certificate-after-oath.735545/page-21#post-9884977

KAS995

Mar 8, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hi admin, please update my profile.

The decision was made on December 15 2021 and the system shows the oath ceremony was scheduled on Jan 18 2022. Thanks.

Radium

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 28. 2015
Med's Done....
August 18, 2014
Anyone from Alberta recently got Decision Made, Oath invite, interview/passport request?

KAS995

Mar 8, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Anyone from Alberta recently got Decision Made, Oath invite, interview/passport request?
I'm in Alberta. Lived in Red Deer when I applied and now in Calgary. Oath ceremony scheduled in Jan 18th.

Reactions: Radium

Radium

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 28. 2015
Med's Done....
August 18, 2014
I'm in Alberta. Lived in Red Deer when I applied and now in Calgary. Oath ceremony scheduled in Jan 18th.
That’s amazing, Congrats to you man! When did you write your knowledge test?

KAS995

Mar 8, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
That’s amazing, Congrats to you man! When did you write your knowledge test?
Thanks!

I wrote the first time on Jul 31 and it was not accepted due to technical issues. Then had second time by Teams with an officer on Dec 2, decision made on Dec 15. I put the time line in my signature.

Reactions: Radium

FSerrano91

Jan 10, 2018
Mine is even worse, oath completed Nov 30th, still waiting. Take a look here, what a botched process. https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/citizenship-certificate-after-oath.735545/page-21#post-9884977
Is your application closed? Mine closed on Dec 8. I contacted IRCC and they told me that it seemed like my certificate was mailed on Dec 8, but I have not received it yet. That doesn’t make sense that it takes almost or over a month to be delivered if it is already in the mailing system. I wouldn’t be surprised if Canada post lost it.
it is like the nightmare with IRCC never ends, even when you are already a citizen of Canada.

Reactions: Swappy

Swappy

Star Member
Mar 16, 2018
Is your application closed? Mine closed on Dec 8. I contacted IRCC and they told me that it seemed like my certificate was mailed on Dec 8, but I have not received it yet. That doesn’t make sense that it takes almost or over a month to be delivered if it is already in the mailing system. I wouldn’t be surprised if Canada post lost it.
it is like the nightmare with IRCC never ends, even when you are already a citizen of Canada.
Yes mine was closed the next day, did you call IRCC ? I will email my oath office on Tuesday, it will officially be 6 weeks from Oath, and Oath letter mentioned to contact them if certificate is not received within 6 weeks.

Last edited: