+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2020 - Citizenship Application

Rakprov2018

Aug 5, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I am reaching out to see what I can additionally do to understand what the status of my application exactly is:
I have sent an inquiry to IRCC regarding my application update, and I just get the generic response about delays due to COVID, it's in process, and as of now, nothing additional is required for the application.
  1. Language Skills - In Progress
  2. Physical Presence - In Progress
  3. Citizenship Test - Not Started
  4. Background Verification - Completed
  5. Prohibitions - In Progress
  6. Citizenship Ceremony - Not Started
This is my timeline so far:
  1. Background verification status has been updated to Completed - Jun 20, 2021
  2. We received your fingerprint information will review them shortly. Thank you! - Mar 7, 2021
  3. We sent you a letter or email with instructions to submit your fingerprints - Feb 11, 2021
  4. We have received your application and have begun to process your application - Oct 29, 2020
  5. We started processing your application - Dec 17, 2020
  6. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) - May 20, 2020
    Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.
Just some update. Received Exam date email today. Given 21 days of timeline between Aug 20 - Sep 09 during which I need to take the exam.
Any idea, how long does it take after passing the exam? I reside in Ontario but my correspondence seems to be coming from the Vancouver office.

katya8483

Sep 11, 2017
Just to let you all know that while I passed my test mid April and everything in my status says “completed” except the oath date, I have not heard anything since I passed my test… I was hoping to have my citizenship/passport by mid summer at the latest, but no such luck. Hopefully, we will start seeing some progress soon!
I sent in my application in May 2020, AOR was November or December and test invite in the middle of March.

novascotia27

Jan 4, 2016
Just to let you all know that while I passed my test mid April and everything in my status says “completed” except the oath date, I have not heard anything since I passed my test… I was hoping to have my citizenship/passport by mid summer at the latest, but no such luck. Hopefully, we will start seeing some progress soon!
I sent in my application in May 2020, AOR was November or December and test invite in the middle of March.
What’s your processing office ? I’d say you would hear back soon.

ekopark

Jan 24, 2015
Yellowknife, NT
NOC Code......
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share my timeline and see if anyone's in the same boat. I was still in Toronto when I submitted my application, am now living in the Northwest Territories, and has been in correspondence with CIC Edmonton with regards to my application.

Application sent/received: April 2020
AOR: September 16, 2020
Background check complete: February 10, 2021
Citizenship test set in progress: July 15, 2021
Citizenship test schedule: July 30, 2021
Citizenship test set to complete: Aug 4, 2021
Received e-mail from CIC Edmonton to submit English translations of Arabic stamps in passport: Aug 5, 2021
Sent translations to CIC: Aug 6, 2021
Physical presence, language, prohibition complete: Aug 6, 2021
Ceremony not started

Basically waiting for oath-taking schedule I guess, when I was checking the old portal it had said decision made but have not received any other letter after that.

N.M

Aug 10, 2021
If everything is set to completed except oath, that's decision made, you are in the line for oath, some of the offices are slower. it should show in the old tracker as "decision made"
What's the last date on top right of the new tracker? that's your decision made date.
In the spreadsheet it shows that you are still on test invite step (Admin please update).

N.M

Aug 10, 2021
If everything is set to completed except oath, that's decision made, you are in the line for oath, some of the offices are slower. it should show in the old tracker as "decision made"
What's the last date on top right of the new tracker? that's your decision made date.
In the spreadsheet it shows that you are still on test invite step (Admin please update).
@rajkamalmohanram

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
You cant see the date even in old ecas. YOu can verify if it shows DM https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?app=ecas&lang=en
DM date should be mostly the date of completion of prohibitions/language/physcialpresence.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

N.M

Aug 10, 2021
You cant see the date even in old ecas. YOu can verify if it shows DM https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?app=ecas&lang=en
DM date should be mostly the date of completion of prohibitions/language/physcialpresence.
Yeah it doesn't have any date in the old ECAS. But as ECAS decision made usually happens at the same time as completion of everything except oath, that's a good assumption to say the update date in the new tracker is the decision made date.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Are they looking to bring physical oath ceremonies back? Any info on that?
There was some discussion where someone confirmed their spouse received an in-person ceremony of 15 - 20 people (Mississauga IRCC office). I think they are starting it now and they might increase the # of applicants in the ceremony gradually.