+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2020 - Citizenship Application

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thanks! Any idea when oath ceremony status will change to in progress and how many days it will take to see the oath date? I know the notification to appear for the oath is sent few days before the test but just need to know when the oath ceremony is going to be as I'm planning on traveling. Thanks
This varies greatly even between the applicants belonging to the same office. To avoid disappointment, I'd expect at least 2 months of wait-time before getting a notification about your oath ceremony.

You can look at the spreadsheets (links in my signature) to get an idea of the processing time averages.

Good luck.

tusharnayyer

May 29, 2013
Hello Everyone,

I am reaching out to see what I can additionally do to understand what the status of my application exactly is:
I have sent an inquiry to IRCC regarding my application update, and I just get the generic response about delays due to COVID, it's in process, and as of now, nothing additional is required for the application.
  1. Language Skills - In Progress
  2. Physical Presence - In Progress
  3. Citizenship Test - Not Started
  4. Background Verification - Completed
  5. Prohibitions - In Progress
  6. Citizenship Ceremony - Not Started
This is my timeline so far:
  1. Background verification status has been updated to Completed - Jun 20, 2021
  2. We received your fingerprint information will review them shortly. Thank you! - Mar 7, 2021
  3. We sent you a letter or email with instructions to submit your fingerprints - Feb 11, 2021
  4. We have received your application and have begun to process your application - Oct 29, 2020
  5. We started processing your application - Dec 17, 2020
  6. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) - May 20, 2020
    Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.
I am in the same boat. My status looks exactly like you. Are you in Vancouver by any chance ?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
my wifes account updated, Oath ceremony on Dec 1st. Does anyone know when we will get an email about this? It says we need to follow the instructions on the email, but there was no email yet
Congrats! I've updated the spreadsheet.

You'll receive an oath email only about a week or two before the oath ceremony. So, you should receive the oath email sometime in mid-late November 2021.

Reactions: joeythecat

Ryan126

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Hi Guys, got my oath scheduled for Nov 19 in toronto. Does anyone know if you can move to other province before oath ceremony and attended oath ceremony there.

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
I’m on the same boat and I‘m starting to become anxious . My BG check was done back in Feb 16
Same here! I don’t mind to wait for years if everyone else is waiting but clearly while some of us are waiting for test with no reason, many late 2020 and early 2021 are scheduled for oath. Our request is simple there should be a line up for non-urgent applicants and IRCC should respect the line and process based on the date application received. The sad thing is that the very first step happens in the local office is the test and until then no one touches our application.

Reactions: Orlaith

andrem

Star Member
Jun 27, 2014
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2014
Nomination.....
05-02-2015
Med's Request
04-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-03-2015
Passport Req..
31-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-04-2015
LANDED..........
08-09-2015
exactly like mine too. Background check completed feb 2021 and nothing since. I’m in Toronto if that matters.
Same here... May 11, 2020 family application. Background checks completed Feb 11 and absolute silence since then. 2 GCMS notes requested in the period with absolute no change in them. From Oakville and with process sitting flat in Hamilton's office.