AOR Received.
08-09-2020
Same here may
App deliiverd05 may
aor nov4
Ip 08 dec
Bc cleared feb 12
No update since then
Exact same timelines (AOR was Sep and Oct for my parents - 4th May 2020 Appln received and IP is 8th Dec, BGC is 12th Feb). 26th July DM status. They have no language or test dependency as senior citizens.

Waiting on Oath date. File is at Mississauga office. GTA Applicant. Parents are anxious and calling every couple of days just to see if any update is there.
Waiting on planning a travel with Canadian PP to go to US and also to home country (India) after 4.5 yrs (so far) of being here.

As long as there is a oath date in sight, I can plan something for them, esp that they have lost siblings back home and have been here for almost 5 yrs and want to go back. Cant do the oath and applying PP from another country. Also need the lead time to plan for Old PP Surrender / Visa or OCI appln).

UM.Chari

Jun 11, 2021
GTA (Milton)
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
AOR Received.
08-09-2020
Same here... May 11, 2020 family application. Background checks completed Feb 11 and absolute silence since then. 2 GCMS notes requested in the period with absolute no change in them. From Oakville and with process sitting flat in Hamilton's office.
What does the GCMS Notes say ? I have requested the same mid July and nothing yet !

Halibound

Aug 10, 2021
Hey everyone,

I see some movements but not enough for may applicants. Mine has been no updates since March 30, 2021 when my test was set to complete. I am from Halifax.

application sent: May 12, 2020
Application received: May 13, 2020
AOR: September 25, 2020
Background check complete: February 25, 2021
Citizenship test set in progress: March 9, 2021
Citizenship test schedule: March 25, 2021
Citizenship test set to complete: March 30, 2021
Physical presence, language, prohibition are still in progress
Ceremony not started

andrem

Star Member
Jun 27, 2014
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2014
Nomination.....
05-02-2015
Med's Request
04-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-03-2015
Passport Req..
31-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-04-2015
LANDED..........
08-09-2015
What does the GCMS Notes say ? I have requested the same mid July and nothing yet !
Absolutely nothing relevant - just dates of file transfers, data creation, payment of fees and the list of all travels I report. I honestly could not get anything valuable out of that.

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
Absolutely nothing relevant - just dates of file transfers, data creation, payment of fees and the list of all travels I report. I honestly could not get anything valuable out of that.
The most important finding is on the first or second page you can see if your case is still sitting in the Registry without any assignment to an officer. This shows that no one even touched the file since it has been transferred from Sydney to the local office. Mine is like that since Feb!!

andrem

Star Member
Jun 27, 2014
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2014
Nomination.....
05-02-2015
Med's Request
04-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-03-2015
Passport Req..
31-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-04-2015
LANDED..........
08-09-2015
The most important finding is on the first or second page you can see if your case is still sitting in the Registry without any assignment to an officer. This shows that no one even touched the file since it has been transferred from Sydney to the local office. Mine is like that since Feb!!
Good point. Same here... mine has been showing in registry since February as well...

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
There is something very comforting and distressing about us May applicants all getting stuck in background check being done in Feb........ There is obviously something amis with this whole month in my view. Ottawa applicant, May 2020. BG complete Feb 21. I got a note back from my MP who inquired for me to say my file was transferred to Ottawa in May 2021 (12 months in Nova Scotia). Four months later - Nada.Nothing. Nought.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
One forum member called call center regarding this registry location and was told that its the location where pool of files kept and officers will come and pick it up.
Mine was in registry all the time but suddenly they pickup one day and sent the test invite. Same for my wife's application.
Comparing to above scenario, some files are assigned to officer but not movement for months. So getting assigned is not solving the problem - not sure about % of success in assigned file though.

Its just that offices and officer should be willing to finish the files at that location.

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
One forum member called call center regarding this registry location and was told that its the location where pool of files kept and officers will come and pick it up.
Mine was in registry all the time but suddenly they pickup one day and sent the test invite. Same for my wife's application.
Comparing to above scenario, some files are assigned to officer but not movement for months. So getting assigned is not solving the problem - not sure about % of success in assigned file though.

Its just that offices and officer should be willing to finish the files at that location.
The issue is that how this pool work? Shouldn’t be based on date application received? Why applicants from early 2021 receiving test invite and some even oath invite while many early 2020 applicants are waiting without any clear reasons? Did anyone tried to email the pm or minister? Do they have staff who answer the email like other mps?

Corgi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
I'm not on the spreadsheet but have been following this thread; I, too am in the same boat as most others. In Process Dec 5th and Background Verification completed Feb 3rd and then nothing. I'm guessing I am a Vancouver applicant, I live slightly north of there.

Reactions: Orlaith

Rocketsingh500

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
I see that most of you have BG check completed but are waiting for test dates but it’s completely opposite with me. I have completed my test in the first week of June but now waiting to get BG check completed. I think May was the worst month to apply after checking the spreadsheet. I should have applied later in Sept or October. They should follow first in first out system. I am happy to wait if they need time to process 2019 or early 2020 applicants. But this is totally random.

UM.Chari

Jun 11, 2021
GTA (Milton)
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
AOR Received.
08-09-2020
Oops ! Mine definitely has an update and awaiting oath dates only now !