Language skills, physical presence, prohibitions - in progress
Test and background check - completed
Ceremony - not started
Updated!

Reactions: masyanya

MontrealBR

May 28, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I see a lot of people talking about fingerprint. I don't recall having to submit my fingerprint, am I the only one?

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
Received my gcms notes but they blanked all the history section which makes the notes useless!!! Usually they only blank the security related details not everything. I will file a complaint as they are avoiding access to information. My file is sitting in the registry of the local office since this Feb and has not assigned to any agent with no due date. While I see many applicants received test invite!!!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Received my gcms notes but they blanked all the history section which makes the notes useless!!! Usually they only blank the security related details not everything. I will file a complaint as they are avoiding access to information. My file is sitting in the registry of the local office since this Feb and has not assigned to any agent with no due date. While I see many applicants received test invite!!!
This is a common complaint with IRCC. They redact too much information thereby making the notes useless.

I've heard people mentioning applying for the same notes from CBSA/CSIS provides more information and less information is redacted but I'm not sure if that's the case as I have NOT tested it myself. I plan to test this in the near future.

novascotia27

Jan 4, 2016
That smells fishy to me. Definitely hiding something... file a complaint.

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
That smells fishy to me. Definitely hiding something... file a complaint.
Yes will do, the other observation is that the due date for other sub tasks is one year after AOR date not the date application received!!!! So not sure how they gave priority to some applications if they are not urgent??

Reactions: novascotia27

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
my wife passed her test today. taking a photo of the ID wasnt the best, our webcam isnt too clear, is this an issue? you can still see and read the PR card, but its not very clear.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
my wife passed her test today. taking a photo of the ID wasnt the best, our webcam isnt too clear, is this an issue? you can still see and read the PR card, but its not very clear.
This is a common problem as webcams are usually not that great. As long as the information on the card is readable, she should be good to go!

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
This is a common problem as webcams are usually not that great. As long as the information on the card is readable, she should be good to go!
thanks. the name, ID # etc are fine but the smaller ones like birthdate and expiry were very hard to see. ugh, like can they reject it because of this? the photo of her face is super clear. its basically impossible to take a clear photo of an ID with a webcam

piti

May 5, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Hello Everyone,

I see a lot of people talking about fingerprint. I don't recall having to submit my fingerprint, am I the only one?
I don't think this is typical. I submitted a spousal application, and they asked for my fingerprints but not for my wife's. No idea why! Still haven't gotten a test invite though, crossing fingers it will arrive soon as my passport is expiring in a week!