+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2020 - Citizenship Application

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
Hello

Can someone please tell me if when you do the online test, do you get the result immediately? also is there some sort of interview after the test?

Finally, what is the best resource for studying for this test other than the discover canada book?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello

Can someone please tell me if when you do the online test, do you get the result immediately? also is there some sort of interview after the test?

Finally, what is the best resource for studying for this test other than the discover canada book?
You'll get the results immediately but those are unofficial and tentative results. Your test will be checked by an officer (They'll check the snapshots taken by your webcam at random times during the test to ensure you didn't cheat on the test). Once that is done, they'll confirm the test results and you'll receive an email.

Not everyone gets an interview but it is a very real possibility. These are pretty simple - they usually just check the stamps on your passport. They might ask you to show other documents such as your COPR and originals of the documents you submitted with the application.

Here are some recommended resources for the test.

Reactions: Sque and joeythecat

masyanya

May 25, 2021
You'll get the results immediately but those are unofficial and tentative results. Your test will be checked by an officer (They'll check the snapshots taken by your webcam at random times during the test to ensure you didn't cheat on the test). Once that is done, they'll confirm the test results and you'll receive an email.

Not everyone gets an interview but it is a very real possibility. These are pretty simple - they usually just check the stamps on your passport. They might ask you to show other documents such as your COPR and originals of the documents you submitted with the application.

Here are some recommended resources for the test.
Hello,

Do you if everyone gets an official email with the results? I have completed my test on May 18th, status changed to completed on May 20th but no emails

latestbot

Jan 4, 2015
Toronto, ON, Canada
Category........
CEC
Hello,

Do you if everyone gets an official email with the results? I have completed my test on May 18th, status changed to completed on May 20th but no emails
When you finish the test, there’s a button that let’s you email the test to your email address. You might have forgot to use that button.

You don’t get it automatically unfortunately.

masyanya

May 25, 2021
When you finish the test, there’s a button that let’s you email the test to your email address. You might have forgot to use that button.

You don’t get it automatically unfortunately.
Oh I got that email, yes. Wasn’t sure if this is the official one

masyanya

May 25, 2021
My timeline:

Application sent: May 13, 2020
Delivered: May 15, 2020
AOR: October 29, 2020
Started Processing: December 2020
Background Verification completed - February 12, 2021
Test Invite: April 30, 2021
Test (updated to completed in a new system) : May 19, 2021

Language skills, physical presence, prohibitions - in progress