+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2020 - Citizenship Application

Rocketsingh500

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
AOR on October 28 then processing in December.
So BG check is in progress? If thats the case submit a webform and give them
a call. Sometimes they just forget that your file exist. I called a few times and requested client service agent to leave a note for the officer. Not sure if it would help but worth a try in my opinion.

redherring

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
20-01-2017
AOR Received.
06-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-01-2017
Interview........
23-01-2018
LANDED..........
23-01-2018
So BG check is in progress? If thats the case submit a webform and give them
a call. Sometimes they just forget that your file exist. I called a few times and requested client service agent to leave a note for the officer. Not sure if it would help but worth a try in my opinion.
Yes, everything is just in progress. I’ll send a webform and see. Thanks!

Reactions: Rocketsingh500

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
AOR: Oct 29, 2020
In process Dec 2, 2020
Background: Feb 10, 2021
Scheduled for test: April 30, 2021
Physical presence, prohibitions, language skills updated: June 11, 2021
Citizenship oath scheduled: August 16, 2021
:)
I don't see you on the spreadsheet.

Could you please provide your information in the following format so that I can add you to the spreadsheet?

App Type: Single / Family (# of applicants)
Physical Presence Days:
App Sent:
App Delivered:
AOR:
In-Progress:
Test Email:
Test Date:
Interview Invite:
Interview Date:
Decision Made:
Oath Invite:
Oath Date:

Also, from the new status dashboard, can you please provide the dates of the following :

Background Check "Completed" date
Citizenship Test "Completed" date
Prohibitions, Language and Residency "Completed" date

You can skip the items that don't apply to you.

Reactions: nicolass

Abhi2006

Mar 1, 2016
Hey guys, just an update as one of my friends is in India due to an emergency and he got the test invite. He emailed them and they said he can take the test from there. Here is there reply :

"Thank you for contacting our office. When you receive `notification of you test instructions will be included for overseas testing.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada. To proceed with the online test from your location outside Canada you can access the link in the test invitation that was previously emailed to you within the specified time period.
Important: System changes underway - When you sign in to the online test, you will need to go through a privacy notice. One of the questions will ask if you are physically present in Canada while taking the citizenship test. Though we acknowledge you may be located outside Canada, please check the box. This is necessary to complete the test until system changes can be implemented."

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hey guys, just an update as one of my friends is in India due to an emergency and he got the test invite. He emailed them and they said he can take the test from there. Here is there reply :

"Thank you for contacting our office. When you receive `notification of you test instructions will be included for overseas testing.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada. To proceed with the online test from your location outside Canada you can access the link in the test invitation that was previously emailed to you within the specified time period.
Important: System changes underway - When you sign in to the online test, you will need to go through a privacy notice. One of the questions will ask if you are physically present in Canada while taking the citizenship test. Though we acknowledge you may be located outside Canada, please check the box. This is necessary to complete the test until system changes can be implemented."
Wow, this is some good news! Thanks for posting this. If you could get a pdf version of the email and link it (after blurring out the personal email ID of your friend) but showing the IRCC email ID this came from, that would be great. Thank you!

tusharnayyer

May 29, 2013
Anyone from BC? Curious where everyone is at now with their application. I only have AOR in my tracker. Everything else is in progress. My friend that applied a few months after me already finished the exam.
Hey bud, I am in Vancouver. My Background verification is complete everything else is in progress.

Prince007bhv

May 16, 2021

Hi ,

that sounds blessing and relief to me. I have a same situation here. Please I really request you if possible could you post that email in PDF form after blurring the candidate’s details.

I look forward to your reply.
thanks

MUFU

Mar 6, 2012
Mississauga,ON
Hi Everyone, I have completed my citizenship test on June 4th, scored 20/20.
My Citizenship tracker shows;

Language skills: In progress
Physical presence : In progress
Citizenship test: Completed
Background verification: Completed
Prohibitions: In progress
Citizenship ceremony: Not started

Best wishes to everyone.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi Everyone, I have completed my citizenship test on June 4th, scored 20/20.
My Citizenship tracker shows;

Language skills: In progress
Physical presence : In progress
Citizenship test: Completed
Background verification: Completed
Prohibitions: In progress
Citizenship ceremony: Not started

Best wishes to everyone.
When was your citizenship test status set to "Completed"?

Rocketsingh500

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Do you guys think if there would be any new updates to the tracker to make it better? Only if they would tell people that the next action on your file will be performed on this certain day/month and bring more transparency. Alot of us won’t be checking our status multiple times just to get disappointed. What do you guys think? Just my opinion.

Reactions: nicolass