+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2020 - Citizenship Application

Ordinary

Feb 18, 2015
This morning my online tracker has been updated, Citizenship Oath is scheduled for August 4th. Haven't received an email with the instructions yet, will probably get it close to the date! :)
Is your urgent application? Did you get interview after test?

Deedle

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Just noticed an update of Background Verification completed, but Language skills, Physical presence, and Prohibitions are still in progress. Anybody know what's typically next or how long it takes from Background Verification completed to Test Invite? Thank you.
I am in the same position. Background check completed since Feb and everything else in progress still. Haven’t been asked for finger prints either and no test invite.

Rocketsingh500

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
I am in the same position. Background check completed since Feb and everything else in progress still. Haven’t been asked for finger prints either and no test invite.
You should get test invite anyday now. Try sending them a webform. This helped in my case. I sent a long message requesting updates as it was over 12 months.

Rocketsingh500

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Hi all,

I was checking the excel sheet for BG check completion dates but I think we don’t keep track of it. As my BG is still in progress for May 2020 applicants. I wanted to know that I am not alone .. lol. Please get in touch if yours still in process or not completed. Thanks.

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
Hi all,

I was checking the excel sheet for BG check completion dates but I think we don’t keep track of it. As my BG is still in progress for May 2020 applicants. I wanted to know that I am not alone .. lol. Please get in touch if yours still in process or not completed. Thanks.
Same here! Security is in progress as my per mp update! No test invite yet!

Reactions: Rocketsingh500

piti

May 5, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Hi everyone. I'm just wondering now that we have this new application status website, does anyone who has NOT been invited for a test have language skills, physical presence, and prohibitions showing anything other than "in progress". My background verification is complete, though others seem to still show "in progress". thanks!

Rocketsingh500

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Hi everyone. I'm just wondering now that we have this new application status website, does anyone who has NOT been invited for a test have language skills, physical presence, and prohibitions showing anything other than "in progress". My background verification is complete, though others seem to still show "in progress". thanks!
These are only completed after an interview with the officer working on your file or after you complete your test not before that. This is the trend that I have noted. Lets wait for other members to confirm this.

Reactions: tco23 and piti

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
These are only completed after an interview with the officer working on your file or after you complete your test not before that. This is the trend that I have noted. Lets wait for other members to confirm this.
Generally, language skills, physical presence, and prohibitions are set to "Completed" only after the test (or interview, if you get invited for one).

However, for several applicants from Quebec, the workflow is a tad bit different. Language Skills and Physical Presence are set to Completed before the test. "Prohibitions" is set to completed after the test.

Reactions: Rocketsingh500

piti

May 5, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Generally, language skills, physical presence, and prohibitions are set to "Completed" only after the test (or interview, if you get invited for one).

However, for several applicants from Quebec, the workflow is a tad bit different. Language Skills and Physical Presence are set to Completed before the test. "Prohibitions" is set to completed after the test.
Thanks for clearing that up! Now to wait for the invitation for the test ;-)

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

Raheel16

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
I was invited to do the test online and have passed, please update the sheet:

Application Type: Adult (1 adult)
Physical presence: 1100 days
Application sent: Apr 23, 2020
Application Received May 4, 2020
AOR: September 22, 2020
Test Letter: May 27, 2021
Test Completed: June 16, 2021

UM.Chari

Jun 11, 2021
GTA (Milton)
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
AOR Received.
08-09-2020

How does it work for a senior citizen who doesnt get a language or exam request and need to wait for citizenship/oath request while BGC has been completed months back (4+) and the # of days are clearly shared in the application ?

We see newer applicants getting their citizenships (Even from this Jan) but the older applicants are still waiting !

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
How does it work for a senior citizen who doesnt get a language or exam request and need to wait for citizenship/oath request while BGC has been completed months back (4+) and the # of days are clearly shared in the application ?

We see newer applicants getting their citizenships (Even from this Jan) but the older applicants are still waiting !
Well, senior applicants will still have to wait for oath. After BG checks, since there is no test, ECAS status will be set to "Decision Made" and Language, Physical Presence and Prohibitions will be set to "Completed" on the new status dashboard.

I am not sure if there are special considerations or timelines for senior applicants who are exempt from test and language requirements.

UM.Chari

Jun 11, 2021
GTA (Milton)
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
AOR Received.
08-09-2020
Well, senior applicants will still have to wait for oath. After BG checks, since there is no test, ECAS status will be set to "Decision Made" and Language, Physical Presence and Prohibitions will be set to "Completed" on the new status dashboard.

I am not sure if there are special considerations or timelines for senior applicants who are exempt from test and language requirements.
Let me hope for the best ! Im waiting for these to be marked completed and Decision Made.. I am moving to request local MP for help and status.

abrakadabra

Oct 21, 2016
Hi everyone, completed a test last night, waited for 12 am eastern time which is 10 pm here, and was done by 10.07 pm lol

test invite June 15
test window June 18-July 9
test completed June 18 (20/20 score)

Last edited: