+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2020 - Citizenship Application

Sonalkang18

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
My interview is on next Thursday and I just found out I made a mistake on my physical presence by 1 day. Hope this won't be a big issue. Passport stamps are clear and hard to read so I miscalculated it by 1 day.
Is it one day extra on physical presence or one day less?

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Oh meaning you have mentioned 1 day extra on physical presence calculator.

I think should be fine as long as you are meeting the requirement. keep us posted on your interview.
I sent both email and web form clarifying this. We'll see.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
My interview is on next Thursday and I just found out I made a mistake on my physical presence by 1 day. Hope this won't be a big issue. Passport stamps aren't clear and hard to read so I miscalculated it by 1 day.
Should be okay as long as you meet the requirement - I wonder if IRCC checks relies on the passport stamps (as they are not always clear ) , rather check immigration database of some sort for all travel ins and out . Passport stamp may just be a side verification step.

Reactions: Dreamlad

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Anyone here , who is waiting for their test date , got any updates recently ? Looking to see if agents are least bothered with May 2020 applicants.

Sent an email to the local MP yesterday , lets see what happens next.

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Anyone here , who is waiting for their test date , got any updates recently ? Looking to see if agents are least bothered with May 2020 applicants.

What the hell happened to your application? Still waiting...

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
What the hell happened to your application? Still waiting...
Yup still waiting - Ordered the GCMS Notes last week , so waiting on that one to see where the file is stuck ! Have a feeling , the background check has expired as it has been more than a year and now they have to renew it or something - really hoping we do not have to send any more documentations or finger prints. That would really tick me off !

Reactions: Dreamlad

Smrithy

Star Member
May 3, 2013

Please post if the email helped. I am also waiting for an update. The background verification still shows as "In progress". My application is not complex and nothing explains this delay :(

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Please post if the email helped. I am also waiting for an update. The background verification still shows as "In progress". My application is not complex and nothing explains this delay :(
Well the only thing I got is that .. they received my email but they are very busy and may not be able to reply to everyone. Will give them a week, before I follow up again - and hopefully the notes arrive soon.

Wondering what your time line is @Smrithy ?? Didn't see your name in the 2020 Spreadsheet.

237mota

Star Member
Jan 12, 2022
@Smrithy. I'm a mississauga applicant. I sent and email back in February for feedback regarding my application, two days after that I received a response saying that I was in queue for review. The next after the email, my background changed to completed. Last week I sent an email for my wife's application and this morning the background field changed to completed. Try to send an email to your processing office ( email that sent you the link for the exam) you might get that field updated.
Regards

MishaD

May 23, 2021
This is getting ridiculous. Applied May 2020, test July 2021 and no update since. Only test completed on my file. Meanwhile I know people who are also in Calgary, applied 9 months after me, only wrote their test in 2022 and already had their oath last week. How the heck is this even possible. I requested my notes and that just shows that it’s somewhere on a shelf untouched for a year. Unbelievable.

lgvk

Jan 2, 2017
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Other
This is getting ridiculous. Applied May 2020, test July 2021 and no update since. Only test completed on my file. Meanwhile I know people who are also in Calgary, applied 9 months after me, only wrote their test in 2022 and already had their oath last week. How the heck is this even possible. I requested my notes and that just shows that it’s somewhere on a shelf untouched for a year. Unbelievable.
I am exactly on the same boat.