+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2020 - Citizenship Application

Aug 30, 2021
Hi,
On my GCMS (obtained Oct 2, 2021) other than criminality which says passed all the other checks are still either blank or "not started".
Reading some of the messages here I see many applicants received BG check and DM long time ago. After getting the GCMS which indicates the background check still pending a forum member suggested me getting a GCMS from CSIS. Anyone has had experience with that? Is there any other way to understand what's on hold?

Many thanks in advance!
And Two more questions:
- Because of my age I'm exepmted from English and the Canada knowledge test. My question is will I still need to be present in Canada for an interview even if I'm exempted from tests? I may need to visit a family member overseas and am trying to time my visit and trying to figure out whether/when I'll need to be present in Canada other than the oath ceremony.

- Does anyone know if the various checks for the application (prohibition, background, physical presence, ...) are done one after the other or are they processed by different officers in parallel?

Thanks again!

MishaD

May 23, 2021
So what the hell is going on ????? My wife took her test on June 22nd.. it says online she did.. that's it.. nothing else in more than 3 months.. anybody else experiencing the same ? at this pace application is going to take 2 years.. We are from Calgary.
Same here. Test date June 26th, applying in Calgary, no update since July 12th when they changed it to Test successful.

kd216

Sep 24, 2020
Hi Admin

I just received a request for a scanned passport copy and also submitted the scanned copy today.

Thanks

PyrocasterX90

Star Member
Nov 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 24th 2014
Doc's Request.
N/a
Nomination.....
Jan 26th 2014
AOR Received.
N/a
IELTS Request
With application
File Transfer...
N/a
Med's Request
May 6th
Med's Done....
May 26th, ECAS TLU - July 8th
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Dear Admin,

Please update the spreadsheet.
DM (in web portal) - July 23
Oath Email - Sept 28
Oath Ceremony (in web portal) - Oct 5
Received Citizenship certificate (physical mail) - Oct 8

Sincere, thank you to everyone on this forum for all the guidance and support. Best of luck.

Reactions: Orlaith and Deedle

kd216

Sep 24, 2020
Hi Admin,

Just got physical presence, prohibition, and language skill completed on Oct 13. Decision made is shown on ECAS.

Please update my profile and thanks!

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
Hi Admin,

Just got physical presence, prohibition, and language skill completed on Oct 13. Decision made is shown on ECAS.

Please update my profile and thanks!
Congrats! So basically they did not look at your passport copies as you mentioned you just sent them on Tuesday?

kd216

Sep 24, 2020
Congrats! So basically they did not look at your passport copies as you mentioned you just sent them on Tuesday?
Thanks!
I'm not entirely sure how it got updated to all completed so quickly. I think partly is because I have only a few stamps (around 10) for the officer to go through and they were all in English originally. Hope you get yours done soon :)

MUFU

Mar 6, 2012
Mississauga,ON
Hi pals, here is my recent update;
Citizenship test written; June 4th
Decision made; July 26th
Citizenship ceremony(IN PROGRESS) October 7th.
Oath ceremony scheduled for; October 27th.
Oath ceremony email invitation received; October 15th.

I hope you all get yours soon.

Deedle

Star Member
May 5, 2014
OMG!!!!!! I just checked my online tracker thing and I’ve been invited to take the test October 22nd-November 11th. I can’t believe this is finally happening :eek: @Orlaith anything for you homie??

Last edited:
Reactions: Orlaith
Oct 18, 2021
Hello Everyone,
Single Applicant
Application Received: March28,2020
AOR Received : October 13, 2020
Background check completed: Feb 8, 2021
Test Email: June 11,2021
Test Completed: June 15, 2021

I checked On October 13, 2021 and now it shows Prohibitions, Language, Physical presence as Completed and Citizenship Ceremony as Not Started.

And on top it says application IN PROGRESS.
I was reading other member comments and on their status it shows Decision Made. I am confused now whether I have passed all these metrics or not.

And I know it is 3 months waiting to get Oath Invitation after everything is completed. So I am hoping to get cermeony in January but regarding In Progress status can anybody help?

tusharnayyer

May 29, 2013
Just saw this update, not sure what this means. Doesn't say decision made but says in process

Your citizenship application status
Updated:October 18, 2021
Your citizenship application status: In progress
While we're working on your application
What you can do while you wait:
Details of your application status
Find out what your status means
  • Language skills
    Completed
  • Physical presence
    Completed
  • Citizenship test
    Completed
  • Background verification
    Completed
  • Prohibitions
    Completed
  • Citizenship ceremony
    Not started
Application history

• Oct 15, 2021
    Prohibitions activity status updated
    Prohibitions

Prohibitions status has been updated to Completed

• Oct 15, 2021
    Physical presence activity status updated
    Physical presence

Physical presence status has been updated to Completed

• Oct 15, 2021
    Language skills activity status updated
    Language skills

Language skills status has been updated to Completed

• Oct 4, 2021
    Citizenship test activity status updated
    Citizenship test

Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed

• Sep 16, 2021
    Scheduled for citizenship test
    Citizenship test

You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between September 16, 2021 and October 7, 2021. Information and instructions will be sent to you.

Reactions: Deedle

navid2014

Jul 9, 2014
Hello Everyone,
Single Applicant
Application Received: March28,2020
AOR Received : October 13, 2020
Background check completed: Feb 8, 2021
Test Email: June 11,2021
Test Completed: June 15, 2021

I checked On October 13, 2021 and now it shows Prohibitions, Language, Physical presence as Completed and Citizenship Ceremony as Not Started.

And on top it says application IN PROGRESS.
I was reading other member comments and on their status it shows Decision Made. I am confused now whether I have passed all these metrics or not.

And I know it is 3 months waiting to get Oath Invitation after everything is completed. So I am hoping to get cermeony in January but regarding In Progress status can anybody help?
On the new tracker it will show In Progress status until Citizenship Ceremony is completed, but if you visit old eCas tracker you will see a Decision Made on your file & here's the URL for it, https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/viewcasestatus.do

singviet

Star Member
Aug 16, 2015
Singapore
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
08-03-2016
AOR Received.
02-04-2016, AOR2: 24-04-2016
File Transfer...
16-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-11-2015, Re-medical: 5-12-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-01-2017
LANDED..........
12-05-2017
Finally an update!

Received test invite letter October 15th! Invited to take the test between Oct. 31 and Nov 20.

Reactions: andrem and Deedle