+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2020 - Citizenship Application

FSerrano91

Jan 10, 2018
Hi everybody,

I noticed that everybody whose applications are being processed in Surrey, BC are being asked to submit a full copy of all the passports held during the 5 year eligibility period. I was so happy when I got my test invitation because I thought that this was the end of my immigration process, but on the first day when I could take my exam they sent a letter asking for the copy of all the pages of my passports and translations of all the stamps not in English or French.

this really upsets me because copies of all the pages of my passports was not a requirement when I applied in May 2020 (they only asked for the biographical page on the my checklist) however, they started asking for all pages recently this year for all new applications (it is now on the checklist).

now I wonder how much more delays we all in BC are going to face due to this new document that they are questing. Not to mention that the file size has to be less than 5MB and I really struggle compressing 80 pages including translations to meet the size requirement, I’m sure this is something that a person that is not very comfortable with computers cannot do easily

tusharnayyer

May 29, 2013
Hi everybody,

I noticed that everybody whose applications are being processed in Surrey, BC are being asked to submit a full copy of all the passports held during the 5 year eligibility period. I was so happy when I got my test invitation because I thought that this was the end of my immigration process, but on the first day when I could take my exam they sent a letter asking for the copy of all the pages of my passports and translations of all the stamps not in English or French.

this really upsets me because copies of all the pages of my passports was not a requirement when I applied in May 2020 (they only asked for the biographical page on the my checklist) however, they started asking for all pages recently this year for all new applications (it is now on the checklist).

now I wonder how much more delays we all in BC are going to face due to this new document that they are questing. Not to mention that the file size has to be less than 5MB and I really struggle compressing 80 pages including translations to meet the size requirement, I’m sure this is something that a person that is not very comfortable with computers cannot do easily
I don't think it has anything to do with living in Surrey, I reside in Vancouver and they still asked me for all pages of my passport and yes my original application had no such requirement. I understand your frustration but this is the norm now with all applicants and CIC has a right to ask for additional documents to ensure the applicant fits the requirements.
For the pdf issue You can use this online tool to reduce the size (smallpdf.com). After compressing mine was about 1.5 MB. There are are many other website which do the same thing. Google online pdf compress.

FSerrano91

Jan 10, 2018
I don't think it has anything to do with living in Surrey, I reside in Vancouver and they still asked me for all pages of my passport and yes my original application had no such requirement. I understand your frustration but this is the norm now with all applicants and CIC has a right to ask for additional documents to ensure the applicant fits the requirements.
For the pdf issue You can use this online tool to reduce the size (smallpdf.com). After compressing mine was about 1.5 MB. There are are many other website which do the same thing. Google online pdf compress.
I didn’t mean people living in Surrey. I meant applications being processed in Surrey. As far as I know, all BC application are processed in the Surrey processing centre (I could be wrong about this).

as for the file size, believe me that I used all the tools I had to compress it. I managed to get it to 4.8MB. The problem is that I have 3 passports, plus translations and that all come to over 80 pages of scans. They suggest to scan them at 96dpi but that’s unreadable. I literally spent about 5 hours scanning and arranging the documents to make them fit under 5MB.

sorry for the rant, it is just frustrating, especially when they don’t reply to enquiries.

tusharnayyer

May 29, 2013
I didn’t mean people living in Surrey. I meant applications being processed in Surrey. As far as I know, all BC application are processed in the Surrey processing centre (I could be wrong about this).

as for the file size, believe me that I used all the tools I had to compress it. I managed to get it to 4.8MB. The problem is that I have 3 passports, plus translations and that all come to over 80 pages of scans. They suggest to scan them at 96dpi but that’s unreadable. I literally spent about 5 hours scanning and arranging the documents to make them fit under 5MB.

sorry for the rant, it is just frustrating, especially when they don’t reply to enquiries.
I believe you can send the document one after another by replying on the same email but I see where you are coming from, the process definitely is painful. But the end is near, good luck on your test !

FSerrano91

Jan 10, 2018
I believe you can send the document one after another by replying on the same email but I see where you are coming from, the process definitely is painful. But the end is near, good luck on your test !
Thanks! The sad part is that I thought that the exam would be the last step and right on the day when I took the exam I got the passport request email.

Zimprincess

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2016
Hi everyone!
I took my test in April. My ECAS still showing in process and I have not received any further communication on this. When I took the test, it indicated that I passed. Is anyone else waiting for such a long time just to find out if they accept the result? Does this mean there is an issue with the test result? Going on 6 months now.
Thanks!
Re-asking this question coz it got caught in a "rudeness" argument :)

Thoughts appreciated. Please and thanks.

kd216

Sep 24, 2020
Re-asking this question coz it got caught in a "rudeness" argument :)

Thoughts appreciated. Please and thanks.
Yes I think it is definitely abnormal for it to be that long and the status hasn't changed. Usually the time frame is within 1 week and in my case it was 3 days including weekends. I recommend you contact them via web form.

immigrate2017

Star Member
Jan 19, 2017
Hey Guys! Just checking to see if there are people here from Kitchener IRCC? I am a May 2020 applicant, but have received absolutely nothing other than a Background Verification completion in Feb 2021. I want to connect with any Kitchener IRCC candidates here we can share GCMS notes' details and see what's happening? I understand there is s separate group for Kitchener IRCC, however, there are not many people on that group and we do not have much updates there.
Any thoughts/information on what to expect will be appreciated!

Reactions: Dreamlad

fistillarte

Nov 17, 2014
Visa Office......
Sidney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015 (Received by CIC)
Doc's Request.
17-08-2015 (RPRF & PCC)
Nomination.....
02-12-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2015 (XEP) 15-05-2015 (EP)
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
20-05-2015
Med's Done....
30-05-2015 (me) & 01-06-2015 (wife)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-01-2016
LANDED..........
06-02-2016
So what the hell is going on ????? My wife took her test on June 22nd.. it says online she did.. that's it.. nothing else in more than 3 months.. anybody else experiencing the same ? at this pace application is going to take 2 years.. We are from Calgary.

Sque

Star Member
Jan 11, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mississauga
LANDED..........
29-06-2014
Hurray!!!, just checked my status and it shows that I have been invited for Oath ceremony for October 27th.
Hey MUFU, congrats!
When did you receive the Decision Made?

Aug 30, 2021
Hi,
On my GCMS (obtained Oct 2, 2021) other than criminality which says passed all the other checks are still either blank or "not started".
Reading some of the messages here I see many applicants received BG check and DM long time ago. After getting the GCMS which indicates the background check still pending a forum member suggested me getting a GCMS from CSIS. Anyone has had experience with that? Is there any other way to understand what's on hold?

Many thanks in advance!