+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** May 2020 AOR - Join here ***

Ali18

Jul 22, 2020
AoR: May 31, 2020
Biometric updated on Oct 15, 2020
CEC
There is no change in my Application status on CIC website - just a ghost update.

I very happy to say that I received an email from IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca with an attachment stating
"Your application for permanent residence has been approved. The final step in processing your application is to confirm your permanent residence and create your permanent resident card. You’ll complete this process through the Permanent Resident Portal (PR Confirmation)." on Oct 13. They are asking me to reply and confirm I'm in Canada along with other details.

I left Canada in Apr and I'm currently in my home country. I do have a valid open work permit but I don't have an entry visa. I have a commitment in my home country and need to stay here until May 2022 but I wouldn't mind visiting Canada just for a week to get my PR Card.
  • What should I reply with? Can I say I expect to reenter Canada in May 2021 or or it would have to be sooner?
  • When should I expect my application status to be changed to approved in my cic account?

Reactions: Nkrana

Nkrana

Star Member
Jun 18, 2020
CEC
There is no change in my Application status on CIC website - just a ghost update.

I very happy to say that I received an email from IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca with an attachment stating
"Your application for permanent residence has been approved. The final step in processing your application is to confirm your permanent residence and create your permanent resident card. You’ll complete this process through the Permanent Resident Portal (PR Confirmation)." on Oct 13. They are asking me to reply and confirm I'm in Canada along with other details.

I left Canada in Apr and I'm currently in my home country. I do have a valid open work permit but I don't have an entry visa. I have a commitment in my home country and need to stay here until May 2022 but I wouldn't mind visiting Canada just for a week to get my PR Card.
  • What should I reply with? Can I say I expect to reenter Canada in May 2021 or or it would have to be sooner?
  • When should I expect my application status to be changed to approved in my cic account?
Congrats. When did you pass the eligibility?

Ali18

Jul 22, 2020
CEC

@legalfalcon Can you please help out answering this questions?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Can you please help out answering this questions?

If you are not in Canada you should have inform IRCC of the change of your address and country of residence so IRCC would have sent you a PPR asking you to submit the passport in your country of residence. PR card is not issued in a week, it can take 2-6 weeks for the PR card to arrive and in some cases even longer.

So the best bet would be to inform IRCC that you are not in Canada and ask for a PPR.

Ali18

Jul 22, 2020
Thanks @legalfalcon, I did send them a webform stating that I left Canada. Not sure why that wasn't updated.

I'll let them know that I'm out of Canada and ask for PPR. So, I'll submit my passport to the embassy here in Saudi Arabia, get my visa and CoPR then I'll be able to enter Canada before the visa expiry date? Is there a previous discussion (link) for steps after the Permanent Resident Confirmation portal email for applicants out of Canada?

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
Dont lose hope. My eligibility does not even show as passed in gcms notes the last time I received them in june. It shows review required. Let's see what's coming up for all of us who are waiting.
Hey! What office put Review Required on your Eligibility? Was it CIO before they transfered file to Etobicoke?

Nkrana

Star Member
Jun 18, 2020
Hey! What office put Review Required on your Eligibility? Was it CIO before they transfered file to Etobicoke?
Yes. I think this was for more of s R10 check though. Now when they moved it to Halifax. Still no movement from may onwards

davidaminelli

Jul 30, 2018
I was requested to do remedical in June, I got a GU last month and that all for the last 12 months. Incredible. 1 year and a half. Don't know what to do anymore.

AOR: 19 May 2020