+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** May 2020 AOR - Join here ***

cck1986

May 8, 2020
INLAND applicant here with 1 dependent.
No news since November 2020 when they asked for our police certificates.
Do not lose hope, just try to focus on other important stuff. It will eventually come when you least expected it. :)
Easier said than done when all things like job etc is tied to this PR

Q2_2020_PR_Applicant

Star Member
Aug 30, 2021
Easier said than done when all things like job etc is tied to this PR
What have you done to expedite it? I assume none, right? Even with countless queries and calls, none of those helped. Yes, their system and how they manage applications in order of importance are kinda messed up. But what can we do? Take it to court?
It is clear to me now that all I can do is wait.

cck1986

May 8, 2020
What have you done to expedite it? I assume none, right? Even with countless queries and calls, none of those helped. Yes, their system and how they manage applications in order of importance are kinda messed up. But what can we do? Take it to court?
It is clear to me now that all I can do is wait.
Your assumption is wrong. In the last 17 months after I completed one year . I used to call once in 15 days. Raised around 8 webforms till date. 3 GCMS notes, Reached to my MP thrice and he inquired on my behalf thrice. And for the last one month I am sending mail to PR portal with technical issue attaching screenshot one email in 3 days.
Last but not least , raised complaints thrice on the way processing is done in IRCC complaints section.
You can’t take to court and they won’t admit. Best shot is sending mails and folllowing with MP

Q2_2020_PR_Applicant

Star Member
Aug 30, 2021
Your assumption is wrong. In the last 17 months after I completed one year . I used to call once in 15 days. Raised around 8 webforms till date. 3 GCMS notes, Reached to my MP thrice and he inquired on my behalf thrice. And for the last one month I am sending mail to PR portal with technical issue attaching screenshot one email in 3 days.
Last but not least , raised complaints thrice on the way processing is done in IRCC complaints section.
You can’t take to court and they won’t admit. Best shot is sending mails and folllowing with MP
Did you do that at the same time IRCC was prioritizing Afghan refugees? They explicitly advised applicants to refrain calling them so they can focus on more urgent matters. To me, it's their way of telling applicants to be more considerate and back off.
IMO, sending regular follow up emails will only add up to the delay. And based on exp, I never got an accurate response from the support agents. I never reached out to our local MP though. Might try that if that worked for you.

cck1986

May 8, 2020
Did you do that at the same time IRCC was prioritizing Afghan refugees? They explicitly advised applicants to refrain calling them so they can focus on more urgent matters. To me, it's their way of telling applicants to be more considerate and back off.
IMO, sending regular follow up emails will only add up to the delay. And based on exp, I never got an accurate response from the support agents. I never reached out to our local MP though. Might try that if that worked for you.
No , my MP reached out to IRCC in March, May, July2021. And yes , IRCC is saying they will process applications with emergency issues as well. I have sent all supporting docs related to my case and they considered it as well, it’s just that they are saying they sent CoPR but I don’t see in PR portal and kind of stuck in loop following for eCoPR and PR card

Q2_2020_PR_Applicant

Star Member
Aug 30, 2021
No , my MP reached out to IRCC in March, May, July2021. And yes , IRCC is saying they will process applications with emergency issues as well. I have sent all supporting docs related to my case and they considered it as well, it’s just that they are saying they sent CoPR but I don’t see in PR portal and kind of stuck in loop following for eCoPR and PR card
Would you mind sharing how you were able to make them consider your application as urgent? Trying to get some tips...
My CEC application (with spouse) has been pending for 16 months now. I never got news about our medical exams, in my GCMS notes, eligibility is not even started yet. But I did apply for BOWP anyway with concern of getting that denied because I believe R10 should be complete before applying for BOWP.

cck1986

May 8, 2020
Would you mind sharing how you were able to make them consider your application as urgent? Trying to get some tips...
My CEC application (with spouse) has been pending for 16 months now. I never got news about our medical exams, in my GCMS notes, eligibility is not even started yet. But I did apply for BOWP anyway with concern of getting that denied because I believe R10 should be complete before applying for BOWP.
I had genuine emergency back home and provided those documents, but if you ask me I think , I did remedicals without being asked second time and submitted which I believe triggered someone to look into my files and my MP asked around July and coincidentally questions were asked and my proactive submission of docs coincided and it worked. What is your current status and are all of you inland

Deepanshur20

Nov 10, 2019
I had genuine emergency back home and provided those documents, but if you ask me I think , I did remedicals without being asked second time and submitted which I believe triggered someone to look into my files and my MP asked around July and coincidentally questions were asked and my proactive submission of docs coincided and it worked. What is your current status and are all of you inland
What's the process to get remedicals done?

What documents do we need to carry

Deepanshur20

Nov 10, 2019
Nothing you book an appointment for upfront medicals and upload viz webform
Ok could you tell me what you need to carry at the hospital as last time I carried a document for medicals

Also what do we need to tell via webform, could you please elaborate as I also plan to get my medicals done this weekend

cck1986

May 8, 2020
Ok could you tell me what you need to carry at the hospital as last time I carried a document for medicals

Also what do we need to tell via webform, could you please elaborate as I also plan to get my medicals done this weekend
It depends on the country you are in. In Canada we need to book an appointment. Reach there and say need to do upfront medicals . All you need to take with you is your passport. That’s it.

Once done , you go to IRCC webform site and fill all the details it asks and upload the doc they give you when you go for upfront medicals

Reactions: Deepanshur20

Q2_2020_PR_Applicant

Star Member
Aug 30, 2021
We are all inland. Wife and myself applied for BOWP as our WP are ending soon and also with hopes of finally someone would re-open our files.

Aham.F

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Riyadh, KSA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
12-05-2020
Med's Done....
16-07-2020
Passport Req..
17-05-2022
LANDED..........
10-07-2022
Hello @legalfalcon, hope you can answer this query: post AOR would switching to a job with a different NOC code than that for which I have claimed CRS points, affect the ongoing application? Since my background check hasn't been initiated yet (as per May 2021 GCMS) so will it be an issue updating new employer details and job description? And if I do take up the new job, am I required to update my profile with new employer details and position?

TIA

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon, hope you can answer this query: post AOR would switching to a job with a different NOC code than that for which I have claimed CRS points, affect the ongoing application? Since my background check hasn't been initiated yet (as per May 2021 GCMS) so will it be an issue updating new employer details and job description? And if I do take up the new job, am I required to update my profile with new employer details and position?

TIA
It will have no impact. The day you submit your application, it is locked and you can change you job to any NOC.

However, if you claimed points for a current job, for which you claimed points, you should inform IRCC that you no longer work there. There is no requirement to submit any documents for the new job.