+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** May 2020 AOR - Join here ***

sm07

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
DO I NEED UCI NUMBER FOR MY NEWLY BORN BABY PRIOR DOING UPFRONT MEDICAL?

I added my newborn child recently in my application. Previously I applied with myself and my husband and we have not landed yet. My baby is US CITIZEN and have his birth certificate. We talked with immigration physician at USA location and they said that newborn does not require passport for medical. We can do upfront medical with birth certificate only. I have already submitted the IMM0008, IMM 5406 document, picture and payment of $225. We have not received any update yet. Do I need UCI number for my newly added child prior doing upfront medical? @legalfalcon

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
DO I NEED UCI NUMBER FOR MY NEWLY BORN BABY PRIOR DOING UPFRONT MEDICAL?

I added my newborn child recently in my application. Previously I applied with myself and my husband and we have not landed yet. My baby is US CITIZEN and have his birth certificate. We talked with immigration physician at USA location and they said that newborn does not require passport for medical. We can do upfront medical with birth certificate only. I have already submitted the IMM0008, IMM 5406 document, picture and payment of $225. We have not received any update yet. Do I need UCI number for my newly added child prior doing upfront medical? @legalfalcon
You do not need a UCI. After you child is added to the application, a UCI will be generated and will be available on your MyCIC account.

sm07

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
IS THERE ANY CHANCES TO GET REJECTED MY APPLICATION BECAUSE INABILITY TO PROVIDE MY CHILD'S PASSPORT AND MEDICAL - PASSPORT APPLICATION IN PROGRESS?

Recently I receive (Aug 17th) a document from IRCC to add my children, pay $225, submit child's picture, Form IMM 0008, Form IMM 5406, Birth Certificate of my child, PASSPORT of my children and medical Exam of my children. They also mentioned in the letter -

"The following information/documents must be received within 30 days from the date of this correspondence. If this deadline is not met, your application will be assessed based on the information available and could be rejected."

The letter is also mentioned that -
"If you are unable to provide the requested document due to COVID-19, Please provide a letter of explanation with details on why you are unable to fulfill the request. You are strongly encouraged to provide proof to support your explanation. Once it is possible for you to complete the request for additional information or documents, please do so as soon as possible to avoid further delays. Failure to provide a letter of explanation may result in your application being refused."

I did most of these but I could not submit PASSPORT (provides passport application receipt document from US State Department). As I don't have passport of my child, I could not perform her Upfront MEDICAL Exam. I said in details in letter of explanation like following-

"I have applied for the passport of my newborn child. Due to COVID-19, the passport processing time has been increased. I will submit the copy of her passport as soon as I receive it. I have uploaded the receipt for her passport application.
Without the passport, it is not possible to complete the upfront medical exam of my child. Once I get her passport, I will complete the medical exam for her as soon as possible. I will submit the medical of my child as soon as I am able to complete it. I hope and pray, you will be kind enough to consider the situation."

I give my child's birth certificate already. Please suggest - is there any chances to get refused of my application if I could not meet 30 days deadline. @legalfalcon @legalfalcon_India

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
IS THERE ANY CHANCES TO GET REJECTED MY APPLICATION BECAUSE INABILITY TO PROVIDE MY CHILD'S PASSPORT AND MEDICAL - PASSPORT APPLICATION IN PROGRESS?

Recently I receive (Aug 17th) a document from IRCC to add my children, pay $225, submit child's picture, Form IMM 0008, Form IMM 5406, Birth Certificate of my child, PASSPORT of my children and medical Exam of my children. They also mentioned in the letter -

"The following information/documents must be received within 30 days from the date of this correspondence. If this deadline is not met, your application will be assessed based on the information available and could be rejected."

The letter is also mentioned that -
"If you are unable to provide the requested document due to COVID-19, Please provide a letter of explanation with details on why you are unable to fulfill the request. You are strongly encouraged to provide proof to support your explanation. Once it is possible for you to complete the request for additional information or documents, please do so as soon as possible to avoid further delays. Failure to provide a letter of explanation may result in your application being refused."

I did most of these but I could not submit PASSPORT (provides passport application receipt document from US State Department). As I don't have passport of my child, I could not perform her Upfront MEDICAL Exam. I said in details in letter of explanation like following-

"I have applied for the passport of my newborn child. Due to COVID-19, the passport processing time has been increased. I will submit the copy of her passport as soon as I receive it. I have uploaded the receipt for her passport application.
Without the passport, it is not possible to complete the upfront medical exam of my child. Once I get her passport, I will complete the medical exam for her as soon as possible. I will submit the medical of my child as soon as I am able to complete it. I hope and pray, you will be kind enough to consider the situation."

I give my child's birth certificate already. Please suggest - is there any chances to get refused of my application if I could not meet 30 days deadline. @legalfalcon @legalfalcon_India
No need to be concerned, IRCC will give you an extension of 90 additional days.

sm07

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
You do not need a UCI. After you child is added to the application, a UCI will be generated and will be available on your MyCIC account.
Till today, it is showing that my wife is my only dependent in my application. I submitted $225 CAD for my child adding+picture+IMM 0008 + IMM 5406 + Birth Certificate (Passport Applied) + Letter of Explanation one week ago. Still my child is not showing up in my application as my dependent and no UCI.

But I would like to complete his (child's) upfront medical as early as possible. Do I need to wait before my child is added into my IRCC account as my dependent prior to perform his medical examination? Please clarify. @legalfalcon

Last edited:

sm07

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
Till today, it is showing that my wife is my only dependent in my application. I submitted $225 CAD for my child adding+picture+IMM 0008 + IMM 5406 + Birth Certificate (Passport Applied) + Letter of Explanation one week ago. Still my child is not showing up in my application as my dependent and no UCI.

But I would like to complete his (child's) upfront medical as early as possible. Do I need to wait before my child is added into my IRCC account as my dependent prior to perform his medical examination? Please clarify. @legalfalcon

sm07

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

You can get an upfront medical examination done, you do not have to wait for your child's information to show up in your MyCIC account.

After you get the upfront medicals done, send the upfront medical sheet to IRCC via web form

Q2_2020_PR_Applicant

Star Member
Aug 30, 2021
Hello guys!
Is it normal to have R10 completeness check still in progress after 13 months but criminality is confirmed in progress?
I'm thinking of applying for BOWP soon but I think I might get denied because R10 is not yet complete.

rajbabu1

Aug 11, 2021
How IRCC is issuing Afganistani the PR , whereas there the people from 2020 , whose applications are still pending . I suppose , it faster to book a flight to afganistan and and apply for PR :) . ( disclaimer: intenstion is not to hurt sentiments)

Reactions: tusharkalra89

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
Hello guys!
Is it normal to have R10 completeness check still in progress after 13 months but criminality is confirmed in progress?
I'm thinking of applying for BOWP soon but I think I might get denied because R10 is not yet complete.
It is not normal. R10 is done normally working first 40 days since AOR.

Your timeline is freaking scary mate.

rajbabu1

Aug 11, 2021
Hi guys ,
I am losing hope ,as most of my friends have already got COPR or PR .Are there any guys ,whose criminality check is in progress .And waiting for Copr .What can I do to fastfoward my case!