+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** May 2020 AOR - Join here ***

kn604

Oct 12, 2020
I don’t think I will. I hear you have to withdraw the other one which takes time or they’ll put the new one hold until the old application is finalized. Also I paid a lot of money for this already. I have 4 dependents. I don’t want to pay again when we don’t know if this will be better. They have not said this will be faster. There’s nothing that says they’ll not single my file out again and delay it. I don’t trust IRCC at all
Yeah that is a lot of money

devinakarsten

Star Member
Apr 4, 2021
Hi all,

I'm a CEC outland applicant. Though I'd join this forum since this waiting period is getting frustrating.

AOR: 21 May 2020
Medical: 5 July 2020
Bio: 7 Dec 2020
Eligibility: Passed
Criminality: In progress (as of Jan 2021)
Security: not started (as of Jan 2021)

Wondering if there's any fellow CEC outland in this thread?

Reactions: Kerikeri
Sep 16, 2020
Hi all,

I'm a CEC outland applicant. Though I'd join this forum since this waiting period is getting frustrating.

AOR: 21 May 2020
Medical: 5 July 2020
Bio: 7 Dec 2020
Eligibility: Passed
Criminality: In progress (as of Jan 2021)
Security: not started (as of Jan 2021)

Wondering if there's any fellow CEC outland in this thread?
IRCC is doing this intentionally. For all of us

ExpressEntryMay2020

Apr 23, 2021
Canada, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
31-05-2020
Med's Done....
22-07-2020
AOR May 31,2020
Eligibility- Recommend Passed
Security - Not Started
Criminality - In Progress
Biometrics -October 5,2020
Medicals Passed July 22,2020

Punsy

Star Member
Feb 28, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I just realized that our COPR document was not signed by the Etobicoke officer, and I sent an email with the original COPR asking for the signed copy. Also last week I have applied for PR Card & SIN (Online), even OHIP (health card). For OHIP Service Ontario didn't ask me anything.
The question is do you think I will get SIN from Service Canada or do they come back to me asking signed COPR document?

I just sent an email to Etobicoke asking to issue a new COPR doc with Singed init.

Does anyone has experienced this before or anyone knows how long do they take to respond to email queries?

Thanks in advance for your comments & suggestion!

Punsy

Star Member
Feb 28, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I just realized that our COPR document was not signed by the Etobicoke officer, and I sent an email with the original COPR asking for the signed copy. Also last week I have applied for PR Card & SIN (Online), even OHIP (health card). For OHIP Service Ontario didn't ask me anything.
The question is do you think I will get SIN from Service Canada or do they come back to me asking signed COPR document?

I just sent an email to Etobicoke asking to issue a new COPR doc with Singed init.

Does anyone has experienced this before or anyone knows how long do they take to respond to email queries?

Thanks in advance for your comments & suggestion!
Here is the reply I got from Etobicoke within 20mins after sending my email query:
====================================================================================

The COPR letter issued does not require a signature.

While you wait for your PR card, you can use the COPR letter confirming permanent resident status to:
• prove that you’re a permanent resident in Canada, and
• apply for government benefits and services that you’re eligible for, for example, to apply for your social insurance number so you can work.

For any further questions, please contact our Client Support Centre:
Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Telephone: 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only)
Web form: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx .

This email is continuously monitored to ensure that case specific questions are directed to the proper office and responded to in a timely manner.

bambisp

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
It’s really tragic that this is happening to us. Many May folks are still waiting and contemplating re-applying again. Imagine that. After almost 1 year, we shouldn’t be having this discussion. We should just be living our lives not giving IRCC any thought
I’m feb 7 2020 (fsw inland) and still waiting, my sis is Jan 22nd and still waiting so as annoying as it sounds, you’re somehow still luckier

Kerikeri

Nov 29, 2020
Here is the reply I got from Etobicoke within 20mins after sending my email query:
====================================================================================

The COPR letter issued does not require a signature.

While you wait for your PR card, you can use the COPR letter confirming permanent resident status to:
• prove that you’re a permanent resident in Canada, and
• apply for government benefits and services that you’re eligible for, for example, to apply for your social insurance number so you can work.

For any further questions, please contact our Client Support Centre:
Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Telephone: 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only)
Web form: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx .

This email is continuously monitored to ensure that case specific questions are directed to the proper office and responded to in a timely manner.
It means you are all good then, i think all the systems are linked so they can do the verifications

Reactions: Punsy