+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** May 2020 AOR - Join here ***

Dean Wang

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
Just called ircc, may 15th aor
That update was a lie the call centre had no idea about any of it and said it’s false information. I’m still stuck at criminality in progress and security not started! I’m loosing hope...
She said I still have a long way to go although on gcms notes it said criminality passed awaiting biometrics ( which I competed 3rd December).
why are people From July getting it when may people are stuck in this loop.
Keep hope bro, you will get COPR soon!!!

Reactions: Seudo

siji083

Dec 10, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-03-2020
AOR Received.
25-03-2021
Med's Done....
10-03-2020
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2020
Hi many congratulations.

Good Luck for the Journey ahead! I just wanted to ask if on the phone automated status it was still saying we're processing your background check till Monday? TIA :)
yes, it gave the same message until Wednesday evening (final approval)

onamoisa

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Just called ircc, may 15th aor
That update was a lie the call centre had no idea about any of it and said it’s false information. I’m still stuck at criminality in progress and security not started! I’m loosing hope...
She said I still have a long way to go although on gcms notes it said criminality passed awaiting biometrics ( which I competed 3rd December).
why are people From July getting it when may people are stuck in this loop.
I have the same situation!
What are your VO and the last office number assigned your profile?

jpshya

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Got my second set of GCMS notes (CBSA). AOR 21-May-2020

First generated in Sep2020
Second generated in Feb2021

Both has same status of Eligibility (pass), Criminality (Inprogress), Security (Not started) :oops:
Info sharing changed from "In progress" to "Completed"

As per 2nd notes:
3-Sep-2020 - Officer passed Eligibility. Integrated search completed - found criminality pending. File assigned to Security group for assessment.

After that i see couple of entries for the date biometric given for spouse (29-Oct) and biometric completed in system (5-Nov)

Basically, file wasn't touched from 3-Sep-2020 by any processing officer.

@legalfalcon From the GCMS notes, can we figure out if the file was actually assigned to security group? I am thinking it wasn't assigned properly, that's why security hasn't started even after eligibility was conclusively passed on 3Sep2020. May be I am thinking too much, but 9+ months of total wait and 6 months of file not touched, is certainly taking a toll. :(

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY

Both has same status of Eligibility (pass), Criminality (Inprogress), Security (Not started) :oops:

As per 2nd notes:
3-Sep-2020 - Officer passed Eligibility. Integrated search completed - found criminality pending. File assigned to Security group for assessment.

After that i see couple of entries for the date biometric given for spouse (29-Oct) and biometric completed in system (5-Nov)

@legalfalcon From the GCMS notes, can we figure out if the file was actually assigned to security group? I am thinking it wasn't assigned properly, that's why security hasn't started even after eligibility was conclusively passed on 3Sep2020. May be I am thinking too much, but 9+ months of total wait and 6 months of file not touched, is certainly taking a toll. :(
There are others with similar status, see here . Security is an opaque process and often there is not enough clarity around this and you will likely get a spin the wheel type of answer from some/one as well.

Reactions: felix-m and jpshya

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

As per 2nd notes:

Security only starts after IRCC sends a request to the National Security Screening Division (NSSD) and screening partners. IF you have been assigned to a group, then your security may not have been initiated. If it starts, then you will see a note under admissibilities -> Security in your GCMS notes.

Many applications hav been placed on hold were eligibility is passed and security has not yet been initiated.

To read in security, how long ti takes and how it is done, see https://bit.ly/30dmJOz

Reactions: jpshya and JaxT

ForUs2020

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
May 16 2020
Security only starts after IRCC sends a request to the National Security Screening Division (NSSD) and screening partners. IF you have been assigned to a group, then your security may not have been initiated. If it starts, then you will see a note under admissibilities -> Security in your GCMS notes.

Many applications hav been placed on hold were eligibility is passed and security has not yet been initiated.

To read in security, how long ti takes and how it is done, see https://bit.ly/30dmJOz
Hi @legalfalcon, I know you said you will find out more details about these groups. Can you tell us why inland applicants were placed in CN COVID pace and PRBIO. Thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon, I know you said you will find out more details about these groups. Can you tell us why inland applicants were placed in CN COVID pace and PRBIO. Thanks
COVID pace was is used to place applicants on hold while IRCC was dealing with staffing issues. It is no longer used now, or at least I have not come across.

For other groups and internal policy documents, I am still waiting.

TheRizzyRiz

May 18, 2020
@legalfalcon @caipsnotes

I'm CEC Inland applicant with AOR 6th May 2020, and background verification is still in progress. We were blessed with a baby girl few days back. Do I need to add her to my PR application? Since she will be a Canadian citizen by birth, I assume she need not be added to the application, but would like to get your suggestion.

Thank you.