+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** May 2020 AOR - Join here ***

AJ199101

Star Member
Feb 6, 2020
As of November 30, 2020, you can make your appointment to give biometrics using the Service Canada Appointment System. Don’t go to a Service Canada office unless you have a scheduled appointment.

Click here to book your appointment

On November 27, 2020 IRCC accounted:

Service Canada online biometrics enrollment scheduling tool reopening
Ottawa, November 27, 2020—The Service Canada appointment system for scheduling biometrics appointments will reopen online on Monday, November 30, 2020.
This is good news for clients of Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada, as they will now be able to book their own biometrics appointments online.
Since mid-September, Service Canada officers have been calling clients to schedule biometrics appointments. But as of November 30, clients who have not been contacted should use the online scheduling tool to schedule their own appointment, as stated in their biometrics instruction letter.
Clients should choose the closest Service Canada office to them for their appointment. Only clients with appointments will be able to use the service, as walk-in service is not available.
Permanent residence applicants who have not enrolled their biometrics within the past 10 years will require an appointment to fulfill the biometric requirement of their application.
Public policies exempting temporary residence applicants in Canada, and permanent residence applicants who have enrolled their biometrics in the last 10 years, continue to be in effect.
Health and safety protocols are in place in Service Canada Centres, and clients need to follow all applicable public health guidelines.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/biometrics-tool-reopening.html
I seriously can’t thank you enough . I called in the IRCC helpline and they were not even aware this was being reopened they told me to just wait for more information after I indicated there is an update that is when they told me yes it is being reopened but they are not aware of how you should be booking an online appointment . I don’t how you were aware of this link but a huge thank you . I appreciate what you do here .

Aham.F

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Riyadh, KSA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
12-05-2020
Med's Done....
16-07-2020
Passport Req..
17-05-2022
LANDED..........
10-07-2022
Hi hi. Any outland got copr ? any idea on how long covid travel exemptions are taking?
There arw outlant applicants who have received COPR within the 6 months processing time (AOR May 2020) whereas some who have recently received PPR or COPR had AOR of Nov 2019. No trend can be identified

DDEE

Star Member
Jul 30, 2020
Hi,

I received today 3 emails from IRRC , all the same, saying ":

"We're still working on your application. You may not have heard from us in a little while. This is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date."

Does it mean anything or just a routine reminder sent regularly to all applicants?

6 months period after my AOR was completed at the beginning of November, one month ago.

@legalfalcon. Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

wp2020

Star Member
Oct 20, 2020
Hi,

"We're still working on your application. You may not have heard from us in a little while. This is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date."

Does it mean anything or just a routine reminder sent regularly to all applicants?

6 months period after my AOR was completed at the beginning of November, one month ago.

Same here. It seems everyone who was trying to log in to the portal got this response.

ari_99

Nov 9, 2020
I wasn't trying to log in today, although I received two emails that they are working on my application. After couple of months without any updates I was kinda hoping that means that they opened my file.. but I guess it might be just system error that sent these emails :(

Brar2698

Jul 23, 2020
Hello everyone,
Anyone got any update on criminality or security? I am kinda worried because its been a month since my biometrics and still no update. Aor may 25.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi,

This is a system glitch, many applications have received it. Just ignore it for now.

wildwind123

Oct 18, 2020
Hi,

I have not received this email. Maybe it’s not an auto-generated message to all?