+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** May 2020 AOR - Join here ***

Darpie

Nov 3, 2020
Please if l may ask you, did you received biometric validity letter on the same day your biometric updated? Or you received biometric validity letter and after updated?

Darpie

Nov 3, 2020
Hey everyone!
I got an email (Passport request letter) from Visa office New Delhi today morning (09:31 AM Indian standard time). My case timeline is as follows:
ITA: March 4, 2020, FSW outland
AOR: May 27, 2020
MEP: July 27, 2020
Biometrics update: October 16, 2020 (exempted; got biometrics updated which were given last year, for tourist visa)
PPR: November 21, 2020
Although the online account doesn't show any change in status.

It seems that the things are finally moving, good luck everyone!

Please if l may ask you, did you received biometric validity letter on the same day your biometric updated? Or you received biometric validity letter and after got updated?

ash_diaz

Star Member
Feb 24, 2018
hi @legalfalcon @caipsnotes is it okay if someone else (my cousin in Canada) calls IRCC on my behalf of me to get a status update about my PR application? I'm a FSW-O and therefore cannot call IRCC from outside Canada. any thoughts about this ?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
hi @legalfalcon is it okay if someone else (my cousin in Canada) calls IRCC on my behalf of me to get a status update about my PR application? I'm a FSW-O and therefore cannot call IRCC from outside Canada. any thoughts about this ?
If your cousin is authorised, then yes, as IRCC before providing any info will verify the information such as DoB, UCI etc to make sure that the info is being released to the authorised person.

If you cousin is in Canada, you can add him as an unpaid representative, so that he / she can get the info. You can do this by filing and submitting IMM 5476.

Reactions: ash_diaz

ash_diaz

Star Member
Feb 24, 2018
If your cousin is authorised, then yes, as IRCC before providing any info will verify the information such as DoB, UCI etc to make sure that the info is being released to the authorised person.

If you cousin is in Canada, you can add him as an unpaid representative, so that he / she can get the info. You can do this by filing and submitting IMM 5476.

thank you soo much for your response ! highly appreciate

Reactions: legalfalcon

Nsingh7

Star Member
Aug 1, 2020
Hello @legalfalcon i just need some help on my case, as i have travelled to US about 60 times on Truck while doing my previous job. However, i only mentioned 25 entries in Travel history and also gave a letter of explananation, is it fine or i should be worried.
My eligibility is passed already,
Crim, Info- Sharing- In process
Security- Not started
Thankyou in advance for you reply.

Yajing

Aug 6, 2015
@Yajing You said you received approval and PR card but not COPR yet? I thought COPR comes first
That's what I thought too. Received final decision through both the account and email from IRCC, and received PR card two week after we sent the photo. But no COPR till now.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon i just need some help on my case, as i have travelled to US about 60 times on Truck while doing my previous job. However, i only mentioned 25 entries in Travel history and also gave a letter of explananation, is it fine or i should be worried.
My eligibility is passed already,
Crim, Info- Sharing- In process
Security- Not started
Thankyou in advance for you reply.

If you have explained it, no need to be concerned. There are some jobs, like shipping, trucking where there are multiple entries and it is impossible to keep a track. As long as your inform IRCC of this you are fine.

Nsingh7

Star Member
Aug 1, 2020
If you have explained it, no need to be concerned. There are some jobs, like shipping, trucking where there are multiple entries and it is impossible to keep a track. As long as your inform IRCC of this you are fine.
THANKYOU SO MUCH FOR A POSITIVE REPLY, YES I HAVE GAVE EXPLANATION LETTER IN WHICH I AUTHORIZE IMMIGRATION OFFICER TO OBTAIN ANY INFORMATION FROM US CUSTOMS ON MY BEHALF AND I ALSO PUT THE NAMES OF COMPANY FOR WHICH I USED TO DRIVE FOR.
AFTERALL THANKYOU SO MUCH

Reactions: legalfalcon

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
hi @legalfalcon @caipsnotes is it okay if someone else (my cousin in Canada) calls IRCC on my behalf of me to get a status update about my PR application? I'm a FSW-O and therefore cannot call IRCC from outside Canada. any thoughts about this ?
Hi, you should have your relative complete a form first that will enable getting information from IRCC
More info about it here > https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/video/use-representative-form-5476.html

Additionally, you can also have your relative request your Gcms Notes for a more detailed status update and this can be requested from IRCC and/or CBSA.

All the best.

Reactions: ash_diaz

ash_diaz

Star Member
Feb 24, 2018
Reactions: caipsnotes