+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** May 2020 AOR - Join here ***

mlj1992

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
Is there anyone with AOR close to May 18th who still hasn't passed Eligibility, like me? The webform response I got last week said "Eligibility is being verified". Should I be worried?
There’s several of us in exactly the same scenario, so I wouldn’t worry. Things are taking time due to Covid. Be patient and updates will come :) maybe try calling IRCC too and see if they can give you some more detailed info - they’re usually pretty helpful on the phone.

Kais767

Jun 22, 2013
Hi all,

AoR - May 31. Web form said "The Case Processing Center in Ottawa, Ontario, established that your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied" on Sept 28th.

Does this mean Eligibility passed?
It still shows "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements". When should I expect to see an update?
It’s very likely passed (or at least recommended pass). The online system tends not to be updated until your biometrics get completed and the whole application is approved.

Reactions: Ali18

nmdsouza

Nov 17, 2019
Congrats, you are almost close to the COPR, may I know you AOR. Also, you have applied from QC, did you get any queries or letters from VO regarding intention to reside outside quebec.
Thanks, My AOR was May 28. Yes i had applied from QC, But i have worked in other province also. I had already written a letter to VO when submitting my documents of my intentions to reside outside QC. Also my company is based from Ontario.

Agent47s

Star Member
Sep 6, 2020
Does anyone have any idea - how long does it take to process Criminality and Security Check to receive Passport Request?

My AOR May 3rd Week. FSW-O / Medical and Biometric Passed: July/ RPRF Request: August 2nd Week / Raised Webform and received reply - Eligibility is passed (Although in my IRCC account it is showing that they are verifying my eligibility)
Did you get any further response on your application? Also, do you know when your eligibility was passed?

ravender.e

Sep 3, 2019
Thanks, My AOR was May 28. Yes i had applied from QC, But i have worked in other province also. I had already written a letter to VO when submitting my documents of my intentions to reside outside QC. Also my company is based from Ontario.
Thanks for the information, I am in similar situation, but no updates yet. Please let us know once you get the COPR, also the format of the letter you send to VO, do we also need to provide address proof in the letter.

usmanshk

Aug 28, 2019
hi, is your biometrics updated now ?
Not sure, if there is any such order or the update is random.. as we already have seen ppl from March, April, May , June.. some are seeing the update now..
Not yet - Just checked. My AOR is 6 May and eligibility and everything is passed by officer. Only biometric is left. I do not know everyone is getting their Bio updated ( I am happy for them) but i just want mine to update too.

Zay11

Star Member
Jun 30, 2020
Not yet - Just checked. My AOR is 6 May and eligibility and everything is passed by officer. Only biometric is left. I do not know everyone is getting their Bio updated ( I am happy for them) but i just want mine to update too.
same here.. waiting for the udpate

sm07

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
Did you get any further response on your application? Also, do you know when your eligibility was passed?
I don't know when my eligibility was passed. But I got RPRF request at August 1st week and I believe my eligibility got passed before that. Have you received CoPR request? What is about your AOR? My AOR May 3rd Week.

sm07

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
There is nothing that you can do as such except keep a check on your application by webforms and GCMS notes. If your eligibility is passed or recommended passed and there are no concerns, you just have to wait it out and you need not worry about anything.

Also, factors such as visa office, the priority at that officer and workload are factors that will determine how early the applications are processed. Further, factors like your country of residence will also make a difference. But if your eligibility is passed, just relax and wait for an update.

You have not even crossed 6 months. So it is too early to expect any results. Assuming that your AoR is May 2020, and your eligibility is recommended passed you are on track and you should be happy with the progress.
@legalfalcon - I raised a web-form and they replied that my eligibility got passed and criminality in processing and security has not started yet. I don't know when my eligibility got passed. But I received RPRF request at August 2nd week and I believe that my eligibility got passed before that. But in my GCKEY account, it is showing that they are reviewing my eligibility and processing my background check. Could you please suggest -

(1) How long it may take to complete criminality and background check?

My application details - FSW-Outland Express Entry/ May 20th AOR / Medical Completed June last week / Biometric completed July last week / RPRF Request August 2nd week

Thanks

S@r@b

Feb 26, 2020
Is there anyone with AOR close to May 18th who still hasn't passed Eligibility, like me? The webform response I got last week said "Eligibility is being verified". Should I be worried?
Yes
eligibility- not started
Criminality - in progress
Security - not started

AOR -May 4

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon - I raised a web-form and they replied that my eligibility got passed and criminality in processing and security has not started yet. I don't know when my eligibility got passed. But I received RPRF request at August 2nd week and I believe that my eligibility got passed before that. But in my GCKEY account, it is showing that they are reviewing my eligibility and processing my background check. Could you please suggest -

(1) How long it may take to complete criminality and background check?

My application details - FSW-Outland Express Entry/ May 20th AOR / Medical Completed June last week / Biometric completed July last week / RPRF Request August 2nd week

Thanks
If your security has not yet started, then most likely your eligibility is recommended passed. Eligibility happens in 2 stages, first an analyst will review and make a recommendation. Then this is reviewed by an officer who makes a final determination about the eligibility. See #2,521

BGC = Criminality + Security. For most the criminality is done along with R10 early in the process, except if you are inland and your RCMP PCC is pending or your biometrics are not in yet.

To read on the stages see: https://bit.ly/3lEkXyy

To read on security, and the security screening manual see: https://bit.ly/3djGTMB

Reactions: sm07