+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** May 2020 AOR - Join here ***

BritPRgirl1

Sep 11, 2020
I spoke to an agent at IRCC on Friday (September 11) and my eligibility had not started. I spoke to them again on Tuesday (September 15) and the agent said my eligibility was in progress.

I spoke with another agent today (September 17) and the agent said the note added to my file today said my eligibility was passed.

AOR: May 28
Inland - CEC

satrajit81

Nov 19, 2019
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
06-05-2020
I spoke to an agent at IRCC on Friday (September 11) and my eligibility had not started. I spoke to them again on Tuesday (September 15) and the agent said my eligibility was in progress.

I spoke with another agent today (September 17) and the agent said the note added to my file today said my eligibility was passed.

Inland - CEC
Does your CIC profile status too reflect the same as approved? Asking because I am also waiting for my Elgibility and Backgroudn checks to be completed. Got AOR in May and Medicals passed in Jun.

Afi365

Star Member
Jun 27, 2020

Inland - CEC
That is great news. My AOR is 30 May and I talked to an agent on September 9th and same thing that it was not started. I will call them to follow up like you. Did you see any ghost update on your profile too?

ForUs2020

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
May 16 2020
Does having ADR delay your processing even if you provided the requested document within the given time?

luizportela

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/gradual-resumption-in-person-services-sep-2020.html

Biometrics:
  • If you’re a permanent residence applicant in Canada waiting to give your biometrics, you’ll receive a call from Service Canada over the next few months to book a biometrics appointment.
  • If you’re in a region where more people are waiting to give their biometrics, such as the Greater Toronto Area, it may take longer for Service Canada to call you. We know that this is a challenging and frustrating time and we are grateful for your patience. Service Canada will contact you as soon as they can.
It's going to be a long wait in the GTA area, I can not even imagine how they are gonna make so many calls.

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
Reactions: luizportela

Jaynimz

Star Member
Apr 16, 2020
Did you get any ghost updates please?

Inland - CEC

Zeph99

May 6, 2020
- eligibility = passed
- criminality pending biometrics
- security = passed
- infosharing = passed
- medical: the strange mismatch of data between assessments section, medical section and officer notes section is still unresolved. She said it's not an error that the officer noted "Medical: Passed"but then she also said the medical officer is the one that would set the assessment section's medical entry to passed (that currently says "in progress").

I have seen someone else post their GCMS notes here and their latest note said "approval pending biometrics". My latest note says "file pending biometrics"

I asked if this is just different writing styles, or if this should be interpreted as "there might be medical review and PFL after biometrics is done" for me. I was told that these two ways of writing the note mean the same thing, it's just a style difference. So, if true, that would mean my file *approval* is pending biometrics. So theoretically medical is passed and no further review needed for that... But she couldn't say for certain.

So either all is well pending biometrics, or I may still face PFL. Which is fine because my costs are below the threshold. It would just mean paying a lawyer to write the response and a little more waiting time.

I also asked about whether I should bother applying for BOWP if we're this close to finished, or if the wait for biometrics might actually take longer than my WP expiration (end of dec). The agent couldn't say for sure so it's best to apply for BOWP. But said that all the applications are linked in terms of visibility to the reviewing officers, so when they are looking at your BOWP they will look at your PR app progress. If it's close to finished they might hold off on the BOWP and let me go into implied status for a short while to finish it up then automatically cancel the BOWP.

Shiva91

Apr 26, 2019
If we check our status through IRCC automated phone service is it gonna be as accurate as talking with an IRCC agent?
Aor 28 May
Background check and eligibility are in process! !

Zeph99

May 6, 2020
If we check our status through IRCC automated phone service is it gonna be as accurate as talking with an IRCC agent?
Aor 28 May
Background check and eligibility are in process! !
no, the automated readout was exactly the same as online. It seems that the additional documents and medical status are the only things on there that actually update close to realtime.

When speaking live with the agent, they actually can look things up. For me, the agent even put me on hold for about ten minutes while she went through all of my file in detail to see what the medical status mismatch was about, before coming back and giving me her perspective.

AJ199101

Star Member
Feb 6, 2020
- eligibility = passed
- criminality pending biometrics
- security = passed
- infosharing = passed
- medical: the strange mismatch of data between assessments section, medical section and officer notes section is still unresolved. She said it's not an error that the officer noted "Medical: Passed"but then she also said the medical officer is the one that would set the assessment section's medical entry to passed (that currently says "in progress").

I have seen someone else post their GCMS notes here and their latest note said "approval pending biometrics". My latest note says "file pending biometrics"

I asked if this is just different writing styles, or if this should be interpreted as "there might be medical review and PFL after biometrics is done" for me. I was told that these two ways of writing the note mean the same thing, it's just a style difference. So, if true, that would mean my file *approval* is pending biometrics. So theoretically medical is passed and no further review needed for that... But she couldn't say for certain.

So either all is well pending biometrics, or I may still face PFL. Which is fine because my costs are below the threshold. It would just mean paying a lawyer to write the response and a little more waiting time.

I also asked about whether I should bother applying for BOWP if we're this close to finished, or if the wait for biometrics might actually take longer than my WP expiration (end of dec). The agent couldn't say for sure so it's best to apply for BOWP. But said that all the applications are linked in terms of visibility to the reviewing officers, so when they are looking at your BOWP they will look at your PR app progress. If it's close to finished they might hold off on the BOWP and let me go into implied status for a short while to finish it up then automatically cancel the BOWP.
Quick question : The section eligibility if passed is the indication of all your documents which were attached during submission has been validated ( IETLS score, Reference letter etc ) or it is just that you have passed based on other parameters for the IRCC to process the application ?

Zeph99

May 6, 2020
Quick question : The section eligibility if passed is the indication of all your documents which were attached during submission has been validated ( IETLS score, Reference letter etc ) or it is just that you have passed based on other parameters for the IRCC to process the application ?
hi - R10 check is "the parameters for theIRCC to process the application". If you have an existing UCI you know R10 has happened if your temp UCI number changes to your actual UCI number. It's also around the same time you get BIL (and if you have no medical issues you usually get your medical passed then too). For me that was about 2.5 months after AOR, because of the COVID delays at the time.

Eligibility review is when they look at the job history, job offers, references, education, language etc and confirm your CRS score.