+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** May 2020 AOR - Join here ***

dd23

Star Member
Jul 25, 2020
I’m Outland and I gave my biometrics in the US but I don’t even think they have touched my application after medical and R10. This is going to be a much longer wait than expected because of COVID.

I get frustrated but even If processing time increased from 6 months to 1 year, I actually feel lucky that this express entry pathway even exists. That’s because I’m sitting in the US for the last 7 years treated like some alien from Mars and It’ll take another maybe 700 years by the time I actually have a shot of getting a green card in my hands lol. I was surprised that Canada kept having express entry draws even during the pandemic. Idk how long this will last with more and more workers moving to Canada instead of the US but it’s great the program still exists.
Optimism goes a long way man.

If you dont mind answering this, since you have given biometrics, What is the message on your background check? Did it change after biometrics?

Reactions: Sid1307

Sid1307

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
Optimism goes a long way man.

If you dont mind answering this, since you have given biometrics, What is the message on your background check? Did it change after biometrics?
It says “Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check”. Before medical/biometrics it was something like “We are processing your background check” (which I’ve read is a false status).

I also got one ghost update and a RPRF request. Security and criminal Background wasn’t initiated as per my recent web form reply.

ya222

Feb 20, 2020
I’m Outland and I gave my biometrics in the US but I don’t even think they have touched my application after medical and R10. This is going to be a much longer wait than expected because of COVID.

I get frustrated but even If processing time increased from 6 months to 1 year, I actually feel lucky that this express entry pathway even exists. That’s because I’m sitting in the US for the last 7 years treated like some alien from Mars and It’ll take another maybe 700 years by the time I actually have a shot of getting a green card in my hands lol. I was surprised that Canada kept having express entry draws even during the pandemic. Idk how long this will last with more and more workers moving to Canada instead of the US but it’s great the program still exists.
My friends who got PR last uear told me that whatever you see in account is not reliable at all. Once got eligibility clear, month after background check started and cleared both in same day. How is that possible. After 3 days he got PPR. So I think they are done with all of our applications or they are half way home with it. Just after giving biometric they will start issuing PPRs. Just hope the day will come soon.

SICKER

Sep 9, 2020
AOR: May 16
CEC and OINP Nominated

Ordered GCMS notes on August 16th and received it on Sep 9th. I am surprised that GCMS notes literally share everything. In the notes, all the changes that I made through the application. There is even a record that lists an old phone number that I have not been using since 2013.

R10: Passed - July 7
Eligibility: Passed - July 27
Security: Not Started
Criminality: In Progress (Agent Note: Criminality is not passed due to biometrics pending)
Medical: Passed - July 7
Info Sharing: In Progress
Office: Centralized Intake Office / CPC-Ottawa

Last edited:
Reactions: ya222

ya222

Feb 20, 2020
AOR: May 16
CEC and OINP Nominated

Ordered GCMS notes on August 16th and received it on Sep 9th. I am surprised that GCMS notes literally share everything. In the notes, all the changes that I made through the application. There is even a record that lists an old phone number that I have not been using since 2013.

R10: Passed - July 7
Eligibility: Passed - July 27
Security: Not Started
Criminality: In Progress (Agent Note: Criminality is not passed due to biometrics pending)
Medical: Passed - July 7
Info Sharing: In Progress
Office: Centralized Intake Office / CPC-Ottawa
I am May 15, hope I am having same status.

Btw, you see you passed eligibility in GCMS notes, does your gc key login show eligibility passed in account??