Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you , just to clarify so my current PR profile is not considered for priority as it is being stated in CIC Websites that they are only prioritizing exempt from travel profiles ? Even though I am inland CEC
I am not sure where you read that. You family can apply for an authorisation, which is discretionary, but they are not exempt from travel restrictions.

Only the immediate family members of PRs and citizens are exempt from travel restrictions.

If you are not a PR, your family is not exempt.

Achuni

Star Member
Sep 11, 2020
I called to IRCC today as my medical was extended on 19th April, 2021 and haven't heard or received any update after that, she said all stages have been in passed state, they are considering Medical as a last stage in processing. However, the final decision is still awaiting.
Hi may I know when your medical was expired? And did you do anything for extending the same?

AJ199101

Star Member
Feb 6, 2020
I am not sure where you read that. You family can apply for an authorisation, which is discretionary, but they are not exempt from travel restrictions.

Only the immediate family members of PRs and citizens are exempt from travel restrictions.

If you are not a PR, your family is not exempt.
in this link , it is stated they are prioritizing only applications which are exempt from travel , as a foreign national it is also stated that for family reunification people who are on TRV can reunite with family with authorization , my concern was since i am in inland and my dependents are outland may be the application is being delayed or put on hold worst case .

Sign in to your IRCC secure account - Canada.ca

cck1986

May 8, 2020
Authorization letter
Thanks. One question .My understanding is , if any one applies for wp from outside Canada, they get visa for them and for their dependents. And when they travel to Canada, at port of entry person gets WP and dependents gets Visitor record. Is there any change in this and do dependents require an authorization letter to travel?

S@r@b

Feb 26, 2020
Thanks. One question .My understanding is , if any one applies for wp from outside Canada, they get visa for them and for their dependents. And when they travel to Canada, at port of entry person gets WP and dependents gets Visitor record. Is there any change in this and do dependents require an authorization letter to travel?
Authorization letter is mandatory due to travel restriction. If you are PA, then your spouse can TRV OR SOWP but you need to apply authorization letter too.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
in this link , it is stated they are prioritizing only applications which are exempt from travel , as a foreign national it is also stated that for family reunification people who are on TRV can reunite with family with authorization , my concern was since i am in inland and my dependents are outland may be the application is being delayed or put on hold worst case .

Sign in to your IRCC secure account - Canada.ca
There is a difference between being exempt and being able to apply for authorisation to travel.

Currently only immediately family members of citizens and PRs, individuals with student visa / work permit and those who are resident of US are exempt from travel restrictions.

If you have a dependent who is not in Canada, such applications ahas been put on hold for most cases. IRCC is continuing to issue COPRs on a limited basis.

Sid1307

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
Latest webform reply. Am in this situation from last August lol

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

“We verified the information on file and can confirm that:

• The eligibility is currently valid.
  • The criminal background verification has not been initiated.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • Your application is currently being processed at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario”

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon . I am a FSW outlander, May AOR and I received my RPRF request back in August. May I know if rejections happen post the RPRF request stage?
RPRF is an indication that your eligibility is passed or recommended passed. Chances of a rejection after RPRF has been requested are rare.

However, to be sure, you should send a webform or call IRCC to know where eligibility has been passed or not.

For webform responses, see https://bit.ly/3te1HLV

Reactions: Greddy

AJ199101

Star Member
Feb 6, 2020
There is a difference between being exempt and being able to apply for authorisation to travel.

Currently only immediately family members of citizens and PRs, individuals with student visa / work permit and those who are resident of US are exempt from travel restrictions.

If you have a dependent who is not in Canada, such applications ahas been put on hold for most cases. IRCC is continuing to issue COPRs on a limited basis.
Thank you @legalfalcon , appreciate the information . I have requested for GCMS notes via getgcms from CBSA . I saw you have provided information that CBSA are handling the AITP request with in 30 days as compared to IRCC , is that still the case . I have applied on April 16th so 15 more days to go.

SamKesh

May 3, 2021
Sri Lanka
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
18-05-2020
Hi guys. I was looking at AOR December 2019 group and there are people still waiting. It looks like FSW-O applicants might have to wait a bit longer than anticipated. I found the below comment in the 2019 December thread.

"Just Called IRCC
Eligibility: Passed
Criminality : In progress
security : Not Started
The agent was very nice and he straight up told me that we are not processing any other case streams except people who are in Canada be it CEC or FSW.
He was like thee reason security and other steps are put on hold is that they expire and if they do, the file will have to started from scratch. He said and I quote the most important is Eligibility and you have passed that, So as soon as the pandemic simmers down all the files will be expedited. He said I am more than welcome to call again whenever I want to, But Until or Unless The pandemic simmers or the Vaccine passport is Introduced. All other files will be on Hold indefinitely ."

Reactions: devinakarsten

tang205k

Star Member
Jan 13, 2020
Saskatchewan
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-05-2020
Med's Done....
09-07-2020
Hey guys, hopefully most of us May AOR applicants already got COPR. For those of you who already got Approved, how long did you take you to get PR card mailed to your address?

creatorzson

Star Member
Jan 23, 2017
Hello everyone,

Its been over a year now exactly and there is no update on the file. Still shows background check in progress. Time line for my brother is:

AOR: May 1 2020
Biometrics Done: Oct 9 2020
No update since then
waiting on GCMS notes: applied 2 weeks ago.
Current city: Calgary, Alberta

Question: His work permit is only valid till July, what options do we have? Should we apply for a bridged work permit or wait and stay at implied status. Anyone in similar situation.

Thank you

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you @legalfalcon , appreciate the information . I have requested for GCMS notes via getgcms from CBSA . I saw you have provided information that CBSA are handling the AITP request with in 30 days as compared to IRCC , is that still the case . I have applied on April 16th so 15 more days to go.

Yes, IRCC is still continuing to delay a few requests, thought they stopped sending extension notices since February, but randomly some requests are delayed.

However, CBSA is releasing the GCMS notes well within the 30 days time frame. See https://bit.ly/3nHVzu4

S@r@b

Feb 26, 2020
Hello everyone,

Its been over a year now exactly and there is no update on the file. Still shows background check in progress. Time line for my brother is:

AOR: May 1 2020
Biometrics Done: Oct 9 2020
No update since then
waiting on GCMS notes: applied 2 weeks ago.
Current city: Calgary, Alberta

Question: His work permit is only valid till July, what options do we have? Should we apply for a bridged work permit or wait and stay at implied status. Anyone in similar situation.

Thank you
APPLY FOR BOWP UNDER PUBLIC POLICY. MINE IS AOR MAY 4, 2021 AND DID SAME IN DECEMBER 2020.

Reactions: creatorzson