+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** May 2020 AOR - Join here ***

Sep 16, 2020
Hi Everyone,
I have applied for PR (CEC, inland, AOR 17 May), medical passed in July, eligibility passed in August, Bio-exempt in October. No news after that.
I also applied for a work permit on the last days of December, and strangely enough I saw an updated on my profile mentioning that my application for a work permit was approved (only within a month).
Good luck
Best

jairam92

Apr 25, 2020
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Central Intake Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
31-12-2019
Doc's Request.
16-04-2020
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
08-05-2020
IELTS Request
10-01-2020
Med's Request
16-APR-2020
Med's Done....
24-APR-2020
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
Inland CEC applicant
I have a quick question! My AOR is May 30th, CEC Inland (bio-exempted), currently employed and my employer has given me the permission to continue to work from my home country, therefore while my PR is in process can I leave Canada for 2 months? Or do I need to stay until a decision has been made.

Last update I got was, everything has passed and I was told to just wait for the final decision, since November.

Looking forward to suggestions.

Thank you!
Below is my opinion, If you leave Canada:
1. You would need TRV to be able to come back.
2. You would not receive COPR directly, there has to be PPR request and VISA stamp on you application
3. Getting VISA stamped on passport from outside Canada is long process.
4. You have to inform via Web Form in the application, that you are leaving Canada.

If you leave Canada with Work Permit & TRV, then there should be no issues.
1. If you receive COPR while you are outside country, then you can enter with TRV and apply for PR card when re-entering Canada.

My recommendation:
1. If you PR application is progress, you are eligible for Bridge Open Work Permit. You should be able to work living in Canada even if you have applied for BOWP until the final decision on BOWP / PR has been made.

If you need more details, I'd prefer you call IRCC and explain them your situation.

jairam92

Apr 25, 2020
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Central Intake Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
31-12-2019
Doc's Request.
16-04-2020
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
08-05-2020
IELTS Request
10-01-2020
Med's Request
16-APR-2020
Med's Done....
24-APR-2020
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
Inland CEC applicant
In same boat.
Below is my opinion, If you leave Canada:
1. You would need TRV to be able to come back.
2. You would not receive COPR directly, there has to be PPR request and VISA stamp on you application
3. Getting VISA stamped on passport from outside Canada is long process.
4. You have to inform via Web Form in the application, that you are leaving Canada.

If you leave Canada with Work Permit & TRV, then there should be no issues.
1. If you receive COPR while you are outside country, then you can enter with TRV and apply for PR card when re-entering Canada.

My recommendation:
1. If you PR application is progress, you are eligible for Bridge Open Work Permit. You should be able to work living in Canada even if you have applied for BOWP until the final decision on BOWP / PR has been made.

If you need more details, I'd prefer you call IRCC and explain them your situation.

amazonka

Jan 27, 2021
Received status update on my CIC Profile now that the status has changed to Approved. It has CoPR # but no pdf yet.
Had not checked the profile yesterday but the update must have come yesterday. Half an hour ago, got email notification about change in status. When I logged in, the record status was Application/Profile updated. When I viewed the detail, it says - "A final decision has been made. Please see the decision below. We completed background verification on 19th Jan." and in the bottom it says that the application has been approved. And in document section it has entries for 3 of us with CoPR document numbers.

So after passing all the steps, it took 11-12 more days to get to this.
Congrats! All the best!

amazonka

Jan 27, 2021
me too, not exempt, gave bio on 25 Sep 2020, still waiting
Hey AMYAINDIA,
Are you single applicant or with family/dependents? I'm asking because I'm trying to understand the queue IRCC follows.. Apparently they process all family cases before they get to single applicants

VivasO

Nov 18, 2020
Called IRCC yesterday

Aor May 22nd inland
Medical - July 13th
Biometrics - October 19th
Eligibility passed
Security passed
Criminality in progress

AMYAINDIA

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
26-05-2020
Called IRCC yesterday

Aor May 22nd inland
Medical - July 13th
Biometrics - October 19th
Eligibility passed
Security passed
Criminality in progress
Thanks, when you last called them, was Security in progress? when was the last update, do you recall?

Leojeff

Jul 27, 2018
Hi Guys,

Just spoke to an agent and he told me everything is set to passed but believe or not, they haven't seen my biometrics update yet.

He told me when I gave it, the agent got into my file almost on the same day and they ended up receiving the results after 6 or 7 days.
Because of that, the agent put a reminder there to go back to my file and check on the completion of my biometrics...

I guess there's nothing I can do as he said he doesn't know when the agent in charge will come back to my file.

AOR May22nd ( CEC-inland)
Medical exam passed Jul15th
Biometrics completed Nov09th
And again, according to the agent on the phone, everything else is set to passed!

Has anyone seen anything like that before?
Cheers!

Leo

Reactions: felix-m