+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** May 2020 AOR - Join here ***

Sid1307

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
Can anyone guess what happened to May applications. Why is Security not started for most and Criminality in progress for some. June applicants are the luckiest. What changed between May and June
Not just May. I’m seeing that the general processing speed for March to June applicants is slower than the ones who applied after that. My guess is that they wanted to focus on later applications and process them first in order to keep up with the 6 month average statistic. Applications received during the beginning of the pandemic would have had a lot of missing documents (especially medicals etc) and were bound to be slower anyway. I hope they get to the backlog soon.

mj1989

Jul 4, 2020
Hello Everyone,

May 2020 AOR from India. Biometrics completed on Jan 19th, 2021 in Dubai. Is it necessary to update the additional tourist Visa (Dubai) information through a webform to IRCC?

We have given all the other Visa details at the time of submission of the application.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
Can anyone guess what happened to May applications. Why is Security not started for most and Criminality in progress for some. June applicants are the luckiest. What changed between May and June
I have the same status and I am February 2020. Based on my GCMS notes the reason is simply that they are not working on the application. My last update was April 21.

cck1986

May 8, 2020
Not just May. I’m seeing that the general processing speed for March to June applicants is slower than the ones who applied after that. My guess is that they wanted to focus on later applications and process them first in order to keep up with the 6 month average statistic. Applications received during the beginning of the pandemic would have had a lot of missing documents (especially medicals etc) and were bound to be slower anyway. I hope they get to the backlog soon.
I would like to differ. My aor is in April and have submitted all the required docs. Stil my application is not touched since aug07 as per GCMS. So the logical conclusion I get is irrespective of application complexity , I feel they are working based on 6 months timelines. And for those who crossed 6 months it doesn’t matter. If you were following this forums you would have figured out once may applications were given preference in oct and June appl in nov and now they are doing aug. again this is my opinion. Regarding those who crossed 6 months I think it will be long wait

Reactions: ForUs2020 and JaxT

Alex.b

Jan 22, 2021
I would like to differ. My aor is in April and have submitted all the required docs. Stil my application is not touched since aug07 as per GCMS. So the logical conclusion I get is irrespective of application complexity , I feel they are working based on 6 months timelines. And for those who crossed 6 months it doesn’t matter. If you were following this forums you would have figured out once may applications were given preference in oct and June appl in nov and now they are doing aug. again this is my opinion. Regarding those who crossed 6 months I think it will be long wait
This is unacceptable! we should to do something guys, maybe a letter to Marco Mendicino the laziest minister of immigration in the history of Canada, if you see his social media he just doing nothing just stupid things and not focusing on his job! He did few actions for foreign worker who lost their jobs during the pandemic, students and spousal sponsorship otherwise No action he did Nothing, Niet, Nada !

cck1986

May 8, 2020
This is unacceptable! we should to do something guys, maybe a letter to Marco Mendicino the laziest minister of immigration in the history of Canada, if you see his social media he just doing nothing just stupid things and not focusing on his job! He did few actions for foreign worker who lost their jobs during the pandemic, students and spousal sponsorship otherwise No action he did Nothing, Niet, Nada !
I just posted to tell that many people are in this situation. That’s it..apart from that technically every country has their right on their policies and not mandatory to explain to citizens of other countries..we do not know their policies . So am not criticizing anyone..all am saying is we need to wait. That’s it

Reactions: matteosc

Alex.b

Jan 22, 2021
I just posted to tell that many people are in this situation. That’s it..apart from that technically every country has their right on their policies and not mandatory to explain to citizens of other countries..we do not know their policies . So am not criticizing anyone..all am saying is we need to wait. That’s it
I’m inland and I can tell you this the reality right know in Canada my friend don’t worry and don’t be afraid

cck1986

May 8, 2020
I’m inland and I can tell you this the reality right know in Canada my friend don’t worry and don’t be afraid
Yes I am inland as well.just hoping they pick the file. As I have seen in many cases once they pick up a file,security, criminality, decision happens in one or two days..real quick

Reactions: assen89 and JaxT

Zeph99

May 6, 2020
Yes I am inland as well.just hoping they pick the file. As I have seen in many cases once they pick up a file,security, criminality, decision happens in one or two days..real quick
I got lucky in this way in july, they picked it up and closed eligibility and security very swiftly within a couple of days. Criminality didn't close until december (biometrics given mid october) and now it's just sitting there.

Cloy812

Star Member
Aug 3, 2020
I feel that closed work permit holders are slower than others.. (I'm with LMIA)
Am I wrong? Is this just random situation?

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
I feel that closed work permit holders are slower than others.. (I'm with LMIA)
Am I wrong? Is this just random situation?
Most of the applications from January 2020 are still in progress, so you cannot assess if a certain class of May applications is slower then others. There are surely differences depending on the stream (CEC, PNP, FWS) and on the country of residence. I believe that these differences are largely due to the fact that these cases are sent to different offices, which are faster or slower depending on a lot of factors.

Reactions: Cloy812

Nicole56

Oct 21, 2020
AOR May 21. Today when I logged in my CIC acoount, the time processing bar didn't show up, yes, it disppeared. Anyone met the same situation before? Is it a good sign of making progress :oops:

Afi365

Star Member
Jun 27, 2020
AOR May 21. Today when I logged in my CIC acoount, the time processing bar didn't show up, yes, it disppeared. Anyone met the same situation before? Is it a good sign of making progress :oops:
It happened before. Mine is the same. don't think it is a sign of anything, unfortunately.

Reactions: Nicole56