+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2019 TRV Timelines

priya.chauhan

May 24, 2019
I saw few posts in other threads and are getting unanswered/over seen. :)
Please post here and your will be highlighted here. :)
Hi there

This is my first ever message or post to this forum. first of all you guys are doing great work. kudos!!

Recently I have applied for my Best Friend's Visitor Visa , who happens to be my brother's Best Friend too and a family friend :
  • Principal Applicant: J********************
  • Unique Client Identifier (UCI):
  • Application number:
  • Date Received: May 10, 2019
  • Biometrics:
    • Biometrics Number: 00049820190518123158
    • Date of Biometrics Enrolment: May 18, 2019
    • Expiry Date: May 18, 2029

I have received his Correspondence letter Today with Refused status :(
    • Subject Date sent
      Correspondence Letter 23 May, 2019
      Correspondence Letter 23 May, 2019

Reason:

I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
      • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
      • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

• We have applied for our own PR from India by our own and got it. I have visited UK (and applied for TRV by myself) and got it.

Can someone tell what possibly will be the missing piece here in his profile??

Just for reference:
      We have attached all his employment docs(Leave approvals, salary paystubs, bank statements to cross verify the salary, reference letter)
      Our ID proofs(PR card of my husband, brother and me, my Paystubs to show that I can sponsor his visit, My brother's employment proof and his paystubs)
      Return tickets to India

Last edited:

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit. --->What docs did you provide for the purpose of travel (day by day itinerary/hotel and/or flight reservations-not purchased, at least reserved) ?

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status. --->Is this job you attached, a government job? Did you attach some compelling ties - House/property in applicant's name or children (if applicable) leaving at home or anything that the applicant will return to?

@priya.chauhan

Reactions: priya.chauhan

Diaakh

May 24, 2019
Hello guys,
I want your advice please:
Online TRV submitted on 11 May, and biometric done the next day.
My eligibility review has not yet started, but the background check is in process till date.

I submitted visitor visa application for me, my wife, and my 5 years child with the following document:
1-I am in UAE since 2008
2-Nationality: Syria
3-provided statement of account with stable salary deposits and good balance. 4- also attached property of apartment, property of land and saving account for my wife (all in Syria)
5- I have my sister in UAE, and the rest of our families in Syria
6-provided letter from my company with the dates of visiting and reporting back to work.
7-provided confirmed return tickets via AIR CANADA, hotels confirmation, and day by day plan.
8- registration of my son’s school

priya.chauhan

May 24, 2019
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit. --->What docs did you provide for the purpose of travel (day by day itinerary/hotel and/or flight reservations-not purchased, at least reserved) ?

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status. --->Is this job you attached, a government job? Did you attach some compelling ties - House/property in applicant's name or children (if applicable) leaving at home or anything that the applicant will return to?

@priya.chauhan
>What docs did you provide for the purpose of travel (day by day itinerary/hotel and/or flight reservations-not purchased, at least reserved) ?
Answer : Yes I did attach all the itinerary starting from the day till his return flight to India.
Also Hotel reservations for the places we are going to visit
Train tickets
Is this job you attached, a government job? Did you attach some compelling ties - House/property in applicant's name or children (if applicable) leaving at home or anything that the applicant will return to?

Answer : It is not a govt job
He is a bachelor
House/property in applicant's name : N/A

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
Got the decision for my parents application today. It is APPROVED! Thanks God.

May 15,2019- Applied/ Biometrics Done
May 22, 2019- Correspondence Letter received
May 24,2019- Final decision was approved.

Can we book their flight tickets anytime ?

Congratulations!

Reactions: priya.chauhan

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
>What docs did you provide for the purpose of travel (day by day itinerary/hotel and/or flight reservations-not purchased, at least reserved) ?
Answer : Yes I did attach all the itinerary starting from the day till his return flight to India.
Also Hotel reservations for the places we are going to visit
Train tickets
Is this job you attached, a government job? Did you attach some compelling ties - House/property in applicant's name or children (if applicable) leaving at home or anything that the applicant will return to?

Answer : It is not a govt job
He is a bachelor
House/property in applicant's name : N/A
Having a private job, I know for India, is not seen as a strong home tie. There have been similar rejections in past. Moreover the applicant is single and hence does not have family ties to return too. In eyes of the VO, there is nothing strong that would compel the applicant to return.

You can reapply, if you can work on rejection reasons.

Also, it is advisable not put UCI, application number or any personal info. This forum is an open source.

priya.chauhan

May 24, 2019
Having a private job, I know for India, is not seen as a strong home tie. There have been similar rejections in past. Moreover the applicant is single and hence does not have family ties to return too. In eyes of the VO, there is nothing strong that would compel the applicant to return.

You can reapply, if you can work on rejection reasons.

Also, it is advisable not put UCI, application number or any personal info. This forum is an open source.
I am so sorry, so disheartened at the moment and dint notice that (removed the info now)

I will be happy to re apply but I have nothing to add on... I have already provided all the true and valid info to them.
I am not sure what can I add on in this case ( i have also booked his flight tickets :( )

Let me know if you have any suggestions ...

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
I am so sorry, so disheartened at the moment and dint notice that (removed the info now)

I will be happy to re apply but I have nothing to add on... I have already provided all the true and valid info to them.
I am not sure what can I add on in this case ( i have also booked his flight tickets :( )

Let me know if you have any suggestions ...
It is not advisable to book tickets in advance. People only reserve them, where credit card is not charged until few days before the travel date, so that they would have an option to cancel.

The applicant can reapply again, but his chances are slim if there are no stronger home ties to add. They have to believe that the applicant would not overstay and that needs strong home ties and/or family ties.

Does the applicant have travel history? That helps sometimes.

priya.chauhan

May 24, 2019
It is not advisable to book tickets in advance. People only reserve them, where credit card is not charged until few days before the travel date, so that they would have an option to cancel.

The applicant can reapply again, but his chances are slim if there are no stronger home ties to add. They have to believe that the applicant would not overstay and that needs strong home ties and/or family ties.

Does the applicant have travel history? That helps sometimes.
No this would be his first international trip.

Nitz verma001

Apr 21, 2019
@myra20sharma please advise on below

Current status

Review of eligibility

We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical results

You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

Review of additional documents

We do not need additional documents.

Interview

You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics

We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check

We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision

Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
@myra20sharma please advise on below

Current status

Review of eligibility

We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical results

You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

Review of additional documents

We do not need additional documents.

Interview

You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics

We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check

We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision

Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

This looks normal. What all are complete and when;

Application applied online ??
Bio Request ??
Bio Done ??
Bio updated online ??
Background and Eligibility started ??
Acknowledgment email rcvd ??
Correspondence/Bio Validity Letter ??
PPR ??

Diaakh

May 24, 2019
This looks normal. What all are complete and when;

Application applied online ??
Bio Request ??
Bio Done ??
Bio updated online ??
Background and Eligibility started ??
Acknowledgment email rcvd ??
Correspondence/Bio Validity Letter ??
PPR ??
Thank you for the reply. All are normal ( submission May 11 bio request 12 bio done 13 and updated on the same day than the BG updated (I’m not sure which date) and that is all, but I am confused as the background check is still in process, and the eligibility review has not yet been conducted I thought it should in the same order mentioned in GC Key.
I checked the processing time and shows 27 days and I am still within that time.

Do you think there is any reason of rejection based on the information I mentioned?