+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

HelenJ

Mar 28, 2019
I was a May applicant for my spouse from Philippines. Received AOR1 in July 20 and nothing since then.
Not sure why there's been complete silence while I see every day others are getting updates. Some even have been reunited with their spouse even if they applied after I did. Perhaps we can find some similarities?
As I said PA is spouse in Philippines.
I, sponsor is a Canadian Citizen.
Both of us this is our first and only marriage.
Both of us have no children and spouse is the only applicant.
6 year age difference between us.
I think I'm a good sponsor.
Nothing bad in myself or my partner's past.

So far only AOR1.
No request for biometrics or medical.
Both Applicant and Sponsor applications are in process and have been since July. No change.

Is it worth contacting CIC? I'm sure I will just be told it can take a year and I just have to wait but I miss my partner dearly and the lack of updates is really stressing out both of us.

I'm also worried they might return my application for whatever reason such as an incomplete form after all this time of waiting. But honestly at least if they did that it would be some activity instead of complete silence.
The anxiety is bad when no updates are provided.
Hello,

I would suggest you to call or send an inquiry via webform to get an update. Like on our case we sent our application in January 2019, AOR1 was received in March 23 but we got our application package sent back in May 31 due to incomplete info (police certificate of my husband). Below is my timeline after sending back our application with the lacking information.

Sponsor - Canadian Citizen; PA- Philippines
AOR 1 - August 14, 2019
Biometric fees request - Aust 15, 2019 (paid)
Medical Request - August 15,2019 (completed)
Additional Form request (Schedule A and Police cert) - August 16 (completed)
Application forwarded to Visa office Manila - August 22
VO manila requested Sch A, police cert, biometrics payment receipt - Sept 11

HarmanSimmu

Jul 29, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-05-2019
AOR Received.
16-07-2019
File Transfer...
24-07-2019
Med's Request
19-07-2019
Med's Done....
25-07-2019
Hi guys does anyone have any idea how much time does CPC Mississauga take after file transfer?
When Your file moved ?
Mine transfer on 24 JuLY but nothing after that !!!!!

SunshineJA

May 19, 2019
Jamaica
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston,JA
App. Filed.......
06-06-2019
AOR Received.
16-08-2019
File Transfer...
04-09-2019
Med's Request
19-08-2019
Med's Done....
28-08-2019
Interview........
06-02-2020
Passport Req..
29-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2020
LANDED..........
21-02-2020

guldan

Aug 2, 2019
Hello,

I would suggest you to call or send an inquiry via webform to get an update. Like on our case we sent our application in January 2019, AOR1 was received in March 23 but we got our application package sent back in May 31 due to incomplete info (police certificate of my husband). Below is my timeline after sending back our application with the lacking information.

Sponsor - Canadian Citizen; PA- Philippines
AOR 1 - August 14, 2019
Biometric fees request - Aust 15, 2019 (paid)
Medical Request - August 15,2019 (completed)
Additional Form request (Schedule A and Police cert) - August 16 (completed)
Application forwarded to Visa office Manila - August 22
VO manila requested Sch A, police cert, biometrics payment receipt - Sept 11

Thank you for your response. I called earlier today and was told they are still evaluating my Sponsorship application and my wife's application.
I asked if there was anything they needed or anything I can do to help the process but was told to just wait and it can take up to a year. I asked the person I spoke with how long the Sponsor approval takes and they told me it was done fairly quickly and sounded a little surprised it was taking this long for me.

At this point I'm not sure what else to do. Calling in got me nowhere and provided nothing. I'm just as lost as I was before.

Is it worth applying for a visitor's Visa a this point for my wife? Or will they just be denied again? They were previously denied last year before we got married.

Rainman 34

Star Member
Nov 25, 2018
Thank you for your response. I called earlier today and was told they are still evaluating my Sponsorship application and my wife's application.
I asked if there was anything they needed or anything I can do to help the process but was told to just wait and it can take up to a year. I asked the person I spoke with how long the Sponsor approval takes and they told me it was done fairly quickly and sounded a little surprised it was taking this long for me.

At this point I'm not sure what else to do. Calling in got me nowhere and provided nothing. I'm just as lost as I was before.

Is it worth applying for a visitor's Visa a this point for my wife? Or will they just be denied again? They were previously denied last year before we got married.
They will.most likely deny the application for the visitor visa. You already have an application for permanent residence so that's the main thing. It's really tough but we are all in this together and we really have to be patient.

Rich4bright

Mar 9, 2016
Anyone here who’s still in the aor1 stage?? Saw there are still 9 of us in the tracker. Just want to check what’s our application similarities and why we don’t have an update after aor1. ☹☹☹
Please can someone teach me how to use tracker? Thanks

Rich4bright

Mar 9, 2016
i appreciate it but i have a feeling it doesnt really mean anything. its been over a month and my file hasnt been transferred. i think this is the trend for most pakistani applicants. it takes usually the full 12 months for us because our files are sent to LVO and they have long processing times.
Can anyone tell me what are the things they actually looking for when doing background check?

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
guys what does we started processing ur application under PR side for principal applicant means? my husband got biometric yesterday n today 2nd line on his side says they started processing his application n i got sponsor approval today as well n my side now says decision made.

Last edited:

SunshineJA

May 19, 2019
Jamaica
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston,JA
App. Filed.......
06-06-2019
AOR Received.
16-08-2019
File Transfer...
04-09-2019
Med's Request
19-08-2019
Med's Done....
28-08-2019
Interview........
06-02-2020
Passport Req..
29-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2020
LANDED..........
21-02-2020
guys what does we started processing ur application under PR side for principal applicant means? my husband got biometric yesterday n today 2nd line on his side says they started processing his application n i got sponsor approval today as well n my side now says decision made.
It is actually AOR2. It may have been transfered to a local visa office or missisauga. Basically now in its second stage now

Lvpreet12

Aug 29, 2019
How much time it take for passport request after file transfer??