+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****MAY 2019 Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

Ali1890

Nov 19, 2020
Hello all,
So I sent my applications for Pr through common law and owp in April 2020, only had 1 month on my visitor Visa when I applied thus I had implied status. My application was returned. I know I should have applied to extend my stay while waiting but I didn't, I honestly didn't think the application will be returned for a missing signature even though I provided a digital one but it did. Should I apply to restore status as a visitor online and then send back the PR and owp with the missing signature a week after? or should I apply to restore status, wait 3-6 months depending on this pandemic Delays doing nothing only to get a visitor Visa then send owp and pr and wait another 3-6 months to be able to work. I would pick the first as being a human being the second is a disaster in such times. Additional info: was studying in canada but did not complete and Visa was expiring so I switched it from student to visitor to give me time to gather info and documents needed for the pr and owp. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

wtexan

Feb 6, 2019
We are May Inland , nothing since biometrics fee letter everyone got in Sept. I have gone through this process before in 2012 and at that time it took about 18 months on average. After the refugees from North Africa were accepted into Canada as PR with no waiting, the people who had been waiting complained that this was not fair.To settle this the Liberal government guaranteed all applications will be processed in one year.That was before the pandemic, now there is no set completion time, so now I am not expecting to have our application to be finished before the summer. Just my 2 cents worth

Reactions: vanessalea

LaLondon

Apr 24, 2019
Sorry guys I have a question regarding my work permit that is going to expire soon, do I need to apply for extension cause I don’t want to loose my job, anyone was in same situation ??

vanessalea

May 29, 2019
Sorry guys I have a question regarding my work permit that is going to expire soon, do I need to apply for extension cause I don’t want to loose my job, anyone was in same situation ??
Imtp.

My OWP will expire on February 2021. I need to apply an extension so that I won't need to apply for restoration of my status that's additional $200.

LaLondon

Apr 24, 2019
Imtp.

My OWP will expire on February 2021. I need to apply an extension so that I won't need to apply for restoration of my status that's additional $200.
You will apply for extension of work permit, or which one we should select and also I am sugesting you to do it now cause because of Covid I am afraid that it will take longer !

Singn

Nov 23, 2019
Hello everyone
Anybody here who sent photos and copr to Vancouver office
I received an update on feb 1 that they mailed my pr card
Anybody know how long does take to deliver

Ash1990

Aug 16, 2021
Hi everyone,

Our case is quite different. I applied for PR with non-accompanying dependents (wife & daughter) in May 2019. Got a job offer with my employer in August 2019 and they processed Closed WP for myself, Open WP & visitor for wife & daughter. given it's a new country Landed first in Sept 2019 thinking will set things up and get my family here. unfortunately Covid kicked in 6 months. However, my PR was approved in Feb. 2021 and I changed my status. I finally got my family in March 2021, but my wife only got a visitor status as her original circumstances has now changed and not a spouse of skilled worker. We've applied for PR sponsorship + Open WP + visitor status extension only on Aug 5, 2021. Our query as follows,

1 - How long does it take for Open WP approval these days while he PR is in process? Can she look for job and accept an offer as she's in visitor status now? as she's getting many calls for interview.

Thanks in advance for your inputs and thoughts.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi everyone,

Our case is quite different. I applied for PR with non-accompanying dependents (wife & daughter) in May 2019. Got a job offer with my employer in August 2019 and they processed Closed WP for myself, Open WP & visitor for wife & daughter. given it's a new country Landed first in Sept 2019 thinking will set things up and get my family here. unfortunately Covid kicked in 6 months. However, my PR was approved in Feb. 2021 and I changed my status. I finally got my family in March 2021, but my wife only got a visitor status as her original circumstances has now changed and not a spouse of skilled worker. We've applied for PR sponsorship + Open WP + visitor status extension only on Aug 5, 2021. Our query as follows,

1 - How long does it take for Open WP approval these days while he PR is in process? Can she look for job and accept an offer as she's in visitor status now? as she's getting many calls for interview.

Thanks in advance for your inputs and thoughts.
Currently for inland sponsorship, OWP is taking a long time to process (in the past, it was around 4 months). Some even said it came after AIP (which is usually at the very end of PR application approval). So for the time being, you just have to keep extending her visitor status until you get AOR of the application (which means she will be on imply status as visitor). Without AOR, your application can still be returned and if that's returned, then she would be out of status if she didn't extend her visitor status. She CANNOT work until she either get her PR or get the OWP approved.

She can go for interview but she cannot accept any offer to work right away. If the employer is willing to apply for a close work permit for her or wait for her PR, then it can proceed that way.

IMO, unless her skill can get her LMIA , I dont' think she should apply for jobs.

Reactions: Ash1990