CSQ December 15, 2014
Med's Request
July 13, 2015 and RPRF
Med's Done....
July 21, 2015 and Paid RPRF July 22, 2015
Interview........
Waived...
Passport Req..
February 01, 2016 (DECISION MADE on e-cas Feb 02, 2016)
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 01, 2016
LANDED..........
June 24, 2016
Folksssss... This is the end of this lovely chapter.

We applied from Montreal, May 2019, did the test in Nov 2019. Decision made a week after that. We did not have an oath scheduled nor cancelled due to Covid-19. Just Decision made.

Monday 31st of August at 7:36AM we received an email invitation (only email, no call or what so ever), for virtual oath on the 1st of September at 9AM (the next day).

Our oath experience:
  • Unlike what I heard, we were 83 persons in total, and around 8 agents. Zoom based. Simple log in.
  • The oath took 3 hours 43 minutes unlike what some said. So keep that in mind.
  • There was a system glitch and had to wait 20 minutes to be fixed. But since we were so many, and few agents, they move each file (family or indv) into a separate zoom room (automatically, you do not have to do anything) to identify you and do the legal work,
  • then we proceeded to the ceremony with the judge. They ask you read carefully as videos will be examined later on.
  • Then we moved into another room with an officer, to sign the papers (sent by email) and to cut our PR cards
  • Then we sent our papers by email shortly after the ceremony ended
I will keep checking my post in case you have any question for the next few days. Then I will wish everyone of you the best and wish you all join the Canadian family sooner.
Hi! Did you receive your certificate already or was your eCAS changed to complete? I had my Oath last August 24 but no certificate until now, my eCAS still DM.

andy10

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
Good news !!!!!

Gradual resumption of in-person services
Ottawa, September 17, 2020 — At the onset of the pandemic, IRCC moved quickly to put operational safeguards in place to protect the health and safety of our staff and those using our services. Over the past few months, IRCC has taken steps to provide virtual services where possible, but there have still been significant disruptions in our services.
For services that we haven’t been able to provide virtually, we are slowly beginning to reopen in-person services in select offices by appointment only, beginning the week of September 21, 2020.
This testing phase will allow us to assess our protocols and procedures, and ensure the safety of our staff and our clients. The lessons learned will help us plan for reopening services more widely in the future.
Please note that services are currently by appointment only. You do not need to reach out to IRCC offices for these services, as we will be reaching out to clients to schedule appointments.
The limited services being offered as of September 21, 2020, include the following:
Citizenship:
  • Vancouver Expo will be reopening for limited citizenship-related services, including citizenship knowledge re-testing and citizenship hearings, for a select cohort of applicants, to test the flow and viability of client-facing services. IRCC will be scheduling appointments by email.
good news..thanks for sharing!

Reactions: Abba-Lib

miskalo1

Mar 6, 2019
Hello guys. I am happy to inform you that our Canadian journey has been fulfilled. Oath letter date: August 28th. We took our oath of citizenship on September 3rd. We are now proud Canadians. Please update.
Hello, It appears that the post that I sent sometime back has not been updated. Our journey is now complete. I wish everyone else still waiting for the best moving forward. Regards.

vicm

Mar 11, 2015
Dear All, a query: What happens if I submit citizenship application on completing 4.5 years of my 5 year PR period? As generally the processing time for citizenship application is 12 months, will I have to apply for any bridge VISA post 5 years of PR period? And does applying late in last year has any negative impact on citizenship application? Thanks.

vegasIndian

Oct 15, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2014
Nomination.....
09-09-2014
AOR Received.
25-03-2015
Med's Request
03-Apr-2015
Med's Done....
17-Jul-2015
Interview........
Not Required.
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
20-Aug-2015
Dear All, a query: What happens if I submit citizenship application on completing 4.5 years of my 5 year PR period? As generally the processing time for citizenship application is 12 months, will I have to apply for any bridge VISA post 5 years of PR period? And does applying late in last year has any negative impact on citizenship application? Thanks.
Buddy, you have to apply either apply a new PR card, or you can wait till your citizenship comes through. You would need a PR card to travel though. If you have no travel plans wait for Citizenship. Your "PR Card" expired, not your "PR"

vicm

Mar 11, 2015
Tha
Buddy, you have to apply either apply a new PR card, or you can wait till your citizenship comes through. You would need a PR card to travel though. If you have no travel plans wait for Citizenship. Your "PR Card" expired, not your "PR"
Thanks. So I am assuming that I can apply both at the same time and there is no negative impact on citizenship application though it is applied late in 5th year as the PR status remains as it is (and only card expires). Right?

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
Tha

Thanks. So I am assuming that I can apply both at the same time and there is no negative impact on citizenship application though it is applied late in 5th year as the PR status remains as it is (and only card expires). Right?
right.

vegasIndian

Oct 15, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2014
Nomination.....
09-09-2014
AOR Received.
25-03-2015
Med's Request
03-Apr-2015
Med's Done....
17-Jul-2015
Interview........
Not Required.
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
20-Aug-2015
Tha

Nopes, there is no negative effect. If I were you, would apply both as Citizenship is going to take a lot of time due to Covid.

vicm

Mar 11, 2015
Nopes, there is no negative effect. If I were you, would apply both as Citizenship is going to take a lot of time due to Covid.
Thanks a lot vegasIndian and s23srinivas. Also another query: As I did soft landing in BC for 1 month in Nov 2019 on my PR approval and then left Canada, should I file Canadian tax for year 2019 and if yes, will it count towards 3 year tax filing requirement for citizenship? Please note I had no income from Canada or India during this 1 month period, however, was doing job in India up to that period (ie. before landing in Canada).

bobbyputhenveettil

Star Member
Dec 31, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
SOWP online, Canada visa office-bangalore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2015
Med's Request
02-06-2015
Med's Done....
05-06-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015 submitted on 18-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
07-07-2015
I have an issue with mailing address. After getting my AOR I checked my status online and my home address is correct and my mailing address still the address of my old immigration agent. Can I update online? When I try to change my mailing address it keeps me to update my home address too ( which is correct on file) . Any idea? Thanks

deyka

Star Member
Oct 4, 2014
uk
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2014
I have an issue with mailing address. After getting my AOR I checked my status online and my home address is correct and my mailing address still the address of my old immigration agent. Can I update online? When I try to change my mailing address it keeps me to update my home address too ( which is correct on file) . Any idea? Thanks
Use the form to change both include the all ready correct address and update for the old mailing address, same was the case with me ,it took few days after I submitted the form and now it is updated

Masih_001

Star Member
Oct 2, 2018
Thanks a lot vegasIndian and s23srinivas. Also another query: As I did soft landing in BC for 1 month in Nov 2019 on my PR approval and then left Canada, should I file Canadian tax for year 2019 and if yes, will it count towards 3 year tax filing requirement for citizenship? Please note I had no income from Canada or India during this 1 month period, however, was doing job in India up to that period (ie. before landing in Canada).
This is citizenships application may 2019 go ask ur questions somewhere else don’t bombard this place with irrelevant topics.

Masih_001

Star Member
Oct 2, 2018
Good news !!!!!

Gradual resumption of in-person services
Ottawa, September 17, 2020 — At the onset of the pandemic, IRCC moved quickly to put operational safeguards in place to protect the health and safety of our staff and those using our services. Over the past few months, IRCC has taken steps to provide virtual services where possible, but there have still been significant disruptions in our services.
For services that we haven’t been able to provide virtually, we are slowly beginning to reopen in-person services in select offices by appointment only, beginning the week of September 21, 2020.
This testing phase will allow us to assess our protocols and procedures, and ensure the safety of our staff and our clients. The lessons learned will help us plan for reopening services more widely in the future.
Please note that services are currently by appointment only. You do not need to reach out to IRCC offices for these services, as we will be reaching out to clients to schedule appointments.
The limited services being offered as of September 21, 2020, include the following:
Citizenship:
  • Vancouver Expo will be reopening for limited citizenship-related services, including citizenship knowledge re-testing and citizenship hearings, for a select cohort of applicants, to test the flow and viability of client-facing services. IRCC will be scheduling appointments by email.
What is good about it??? They haven’t started testing Toronto

Ramez1

Aug 30, 2019
Hi guys
I’m almost fed up of waiting to invite me for the test after they had cancelled it on last March so plz if someone has any updates to share it!!
Thx