+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2019 Citizenship Application

YAKHAREH

Dec 8, 2014
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Hey Guyz.

I had my Citizenship test scheduled on 14 March 2020 but a day before it got cancelled due to Covid. I haven't heard back and my PR expires soon. Do I need to renew my PR card ? (not that I intend to travel ) or should I just wait for things to resume? I wrote an email a month back to cic.gc.ca regarding the same but they responded with a generic email response and didn't quite answer my question. If any one can guide, it would be greatly appreciated,

andy10

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
Hey Guyz.

I had my Citizenship test scheduled on 14 March 2020 but a day before it got cancelled due to Covid. I haven't heard back and my PR expires soon. Do I need to renew my PR card ? (not that I intend to travel ) or should I just wait for things to resume? I wrote an email a month back to cic.gc.ca regarding the same but they responded with a generic email response and didn't quite answer my question. If any one can guide, it would be greatly appreciated,
I am in the same boat...my test was cancelled too back in March...my PR expires in October. I am not planning to renew it because the processing time is 160 days. I called IRCC call center and asked them the same question, and they told me that unless I was planning to travel, i shouldn't renew it as I won't lose my PR status. The PR card is for travel only. My advise would be to wait for a couple of months and see if you get a test invite by then. If nothing changes in a couple of months, then I would consider renewing it (unless you're planning to travel soon of course).

mash_afg

Dec 31, 2011
hello...
i got oath invitation online for my parents as i am their representative... my question is ... should i do the zoom on my cell phone or laptop which one is more stable as i am not familar with zoom. and in the email i got 2 attachments one is instructions Add electronics signature and second attachment is Oath or affirmation of citizenship . i am confused about the first attachment which is Add electronics signature... what documents u guys signed if i ignore the first one electronics signature and just fill and sign second one please guide me about these 2 attachments how it works ??? if i am representative for my parents will they allow me as translator . i appreciate replies thx

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
hello...
i got oath invitation online for my parents as i am their representative... my question is ... should i do the zoom on my cell phone or laptop which one is more stable as i am not familar with zoom. and in the email i got 2 attachments one is instructions Add electronics signature and second attachment is Oath or affirmation of citizenship . i am confused about the first attachment which is Add electronics signature... what documents u guys signed if i ignore the first one electronics signature and just fill and sign second one please guide me about these 2 attachments how it works ??? if i am representative for my parents will they allow me as translator . i appreciate replies thx
Hello,
Congratulation for the oath invitation.

I would suggest using a laptop for the zoom call so that it can be put on a table and don't have to worry about holding / placing the device on something (assuming not everyone has a tripod/mobile stand to hold it stable) unless your parents are very comfortable in handling the mobile phone.

You have to sign the Oath or affirmation of citizenship, scan the signed form and email it back to IRCC after the zoom call. Signing the form can be done by using one of the below method:
1) Print the Oath or affirmation of citizenship form and keep it ready to be signed with a pen when the judge/officer tells to sign it during the zoom call OR
2) The candidate/s can put a digital signature on the pdf file after the zoom call there by eliminating the printing process. If this method is used for signing the oath or affirmation of citizenship form then the instructions on how to place a digital signature on the form is provided in the other attachment "Add electronics signature"
Hope this answers your doubt about the purpose of two attachments.

I don't have an idea if they allow anyone other than the candidate to be in the call. So I will wait to hear from others who had such an experience.

Don't get stressed as the process is simpler than it appears on paper. All the best and take care.

houhou1987

Aug 23, 2020
I have sent my application in March and based on the tracking of Canada post, the case processing center received it on March 7th. Since that day, I am still waiting for an email from them that says they received my application. I received nothing from them till this day. Is that normal? I emailed them 2 weeks ago through the the IRCC webform and they replied saying that they are still processing applications from January. Is that normal?

andy10

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
I have sent my application in March and based on the tracking of Canada post, the case processing center received it on March 7th. Since that day, I am still waiting for an email from them that says they received my application. I received nothing from them till this day. Is that normal? I emailed them 2 weeks ago through the the IRCC webform and they replied saying that they are still processing applications from January. Is that normal?
I think this is normal because IRCC employees stopped working from their offices in March, so probably no one has grabbed your application yet. They sent all IRCC employees home...they are being paid without doing any work as they have a strong union...they don't really care about work or getting back to the office anytime soon...

Reactions: ajanarth

enghope

Dec 19, 2014
If you mean you sent on March 7th 2020 so you should hear soon as the started sending AOR to March 2nd applicants you can follow the march 2020 thread for more accurate tracking

getw4

Mar 9, 2020
Hello, I have completed my test and interview by Mar , during the interview i was asked for the finger prints , i have submitted the FP and RCMP have confirmed that they have sent the results to Vancouver office. But after that i have not received any updates in ECAS. Can you suggest what may be the next step and how shall i contact to check the status of my application.

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
I dnt knw on what basis they process mine was may 5 2019 and exam was march 21 2020 got canceled so ridiculous
If it makes you feel better my mom's application was received in May 2019, IP in Sept 2019, but still haven't received any test invite. At least you got an invite at some point, knowing you're next on the list.

tankala13

Feb 22, 2012
I dnt knw on what basis they process mine was may 5 2019 and exam was march 21 2020 got canceled so ridiculous
No one knows how it works. there are people who applied after me, but became citizens early. But I have seen this during my PR times aswell. So wouldn't be surprised if the trend continues of unpredictability.

Soon_Canadian88

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Folksssss... This is the end of this lovely chapter.

We applied from Montreal, May 2019, did the test in Nov 2019. Decision made a week after that. We did not have an oath scheduled nor cancelled due to Covid-19. Just Decision made.

Monday 31st of August at 7:36AM we received an email invitation (only email, no call or what so ever), for virtual oath on the 1st of September at 9AM (the next day).

Our oath experience:
  • Unlike what I heard, we were 83 persons in total, and around 8 agents. Zoom based. Simple log in.
  • The oath took 3 hours 43 minutes unlike what some said. So keep that in mind.
  • There was a system glitch and had to wait 20 minutes to be fixed. But since we were so many, and few agents, they move each file (family or indv) into a separate zoom room (automatically, you do not have to do anything) to identify you and do the legal work,
  • then we proceeded to the ceremony with the judge. They ask you read carefully as videos will be examined later on.
  • Then we moved into another room with an officer, to sign the papers (sent by email) and to cut our PR cards
  • Then we sent our papers by email shortly after the ceremony ended
I will keep checking my post in case you have any question for the next few days. Then I will wish everyone of you the best and wish you all join the Canadian family sooner.

elcabalito2017

Mar 21, 2017
Folksssss... This is the end of this lovely chapter.

We applied from Montreal, May 2019, did the test in Nov 2019. Decision made a week after that. We did not have an oath scheduled nor cancelled due to Covid-19. Just Decision made.

Monday 31st of August at 7:36AM we received an email invitation (only email, no call or what so ever), for virtual oath on the 1st of September at 9AM (the next day).

Our oath experience:
  • Unlike what I heard, we were 83 persons in total, and around 8 agents. Zoom based. Simple log in.
  • The oath took 3 hours 43 minutes unlike what some said. So keep that in mind.
  • There was a system glitch and had to wait 20 minutes to be fixed. But since we were so many, and few agents, they move each file (family or indv) into a separate zoom room (automatically, you do not have to do anything) to identify you and do the legal work,
  • then we proceeded to the ceremony with the judge. They ask you read carefully as videos will be examined later on.
  • Then we moved into another room with an officer, to sign the papers (sent by email) and to cut our PR cards
  • Then we sent our papers by email shortly after the ceremony ended
I will keep checking my post in case you have any question for the next few days. Then I will wish everyone of you the best and wish you all join the Canadian family sooner.
You should change your username now :) congrats!

• Haha
Reactions: Soon_Canadian88

YAKHAREH

Dec 8, 2014
Mississauga
Category........
Other
I am in the same boat...my test was cancelled too back in March...my PR expires in October. I am not planning to renew it because the processing time is 160 days. I called IRCC call center and asked them the same question, and they told me that unless I was planning to travel, i shouldn't renew it as I won't lose my PR status. The PR card is for travel only. My advise would be to wait for a couple of months and see if you get a test invite by then. If nothing changes in a couple of months, then I would consider renewing it (unless you're planning to travel soon of course).
Thanks Andy, that reassuring. Guess we'll have to wait it out. Glad I found someone in the same predicament. Ill keep you posted on my progress

Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
Do you know if an expired Pr will effect receiving health care? Thank you.