+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2019 Citizenship Application

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
Hi,

Based on my personal experience and few members who shared theirs here,I believe IRCC has slowly started increasing the number of applicants in the virtual ceremony but not like 10s or 20s, still in single digit which is manageable.

I had mine yesterday along with another applicant. But in your mother's case I think it might still be one person only as she is elderly.

As and when she gets a virtual oath invitation, please don't worry the IRCC clerk and judge are very friendly and accommodating as they are aware of the challenges of conducting the oath ceremony virtually. Yesterday, in my ceremony too there were few interruptions due to network problem and they were super cool as it was happening not just on the applicant's side but also on their side.

Coming to the language part, I do not speak or understand French but we were given oath in both languages. I just repeated the sound I heard while taking the oath in French and the judge was saying one or two words at a time so that the applicant can repeat them with least issue and waited patiently for us to complete. But I understand the challenges of an elderly person. While you are waiting for the invite you may want to google and download the oath audio for your mother and practice with her so that she will be confident. Again just my opinion but it's up to you how you would want to proceed. In any case, all the best for your mother's oath invitation and the actual ceremony.

Take care.
Thanks for your suggestion! It's such a good idea. I'm gonna get her practicing the oath beforehand. I doubt that she can memorize it all, but at least it can help her familiar with the sound of it so she'll be less nervous when the time comes.

dizon09

Jan 16, 2013
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-Nov-2013
Doc's Request.
Biodata Form
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
10-Dec-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
15-May-2014
Med's Done....
07-Jun-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-Jul-2014
LANDED..........
15-Jul-2014 rainbow bridge
Hi all,
I received a call three times (private no.) last Friday July 23. I was thinking it's a scam or duct cleaning again, so I didn't answer until the third call. Behold! It was the immigration informing us about the virtual oath taking schedule for Friday Aug. 07, 2020. They sent and email last Friday with all the requirements needed for the virtual ceremonies. Thank you all and wait for that private number that is worth answering.

Reactions: Soon_Canadian88

bwrani

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
Hi all,
I received a call three times (private no.) last Friday July 23. I was thinking it's a scam or duct cleaning again, so I didn't answer until the third call. Behold! It was the immigration informing us about the virtual oath taking schedule for Friday Aug. 07, 2020. They sent and email last Friday with all the requirements needed for the virtual ceremonies. Thank you all and wait for that private number that is worth answering.
Hi
From which office your application got processed and what is your timeline.

Indian45

May 9, 2019
Hi There, i applied for my citizenship In April and my status still says in process. Is there a number I can call and talk to ?

dizon09

Jan 16, 2013
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-Nov-2013
Doc's Request.
Biodata Form
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
10-Dec-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
15-May-2014
Med's Done....
07-Jun-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-Jul-2014
LANDED..........
Hi
From which office your application got processed and what is your timeline.
My timeline is in thé spreadsheet.

dizon09

Jan 16, 2013
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-Nov-2013
Doc's Request.
Biodata Form
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
10-Dec-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
15-May-2014
Med's Done....
07-Jun-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-Jul-2014
LANDED..........
Hi There, i applied for my citizenship In April and my status still says in process. Is there a number I can call and talk to ?
April 2020?

slisko

Oct 31, 2013
I haven't received an invitation for the virtual oath, but I am hopeful.
If someone wants to update the sheet, my original oath invitation email arrived on Feb 3rd for Feb 21st, but I had to postpone that appointment because I had a pre-planned trip starting on Feb 19th... Little did I know that it was going to be a much longer wait due to that.

Now, 6 months later, I am still waiting to hear.

dizon09

Jan 16, 2013
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-Nov-2013
Doc's Request.
Biodata Form
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
10-Dec-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
15-May-2014
Med's Done....
07-Jun-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-Jul-2014
LANDED..........
If someone wants to update the sheet, my original oath invitation email arrived on Feb 3rd for Feb 21st, but I had to postpone that appointment because I had a pre-planned trip starting on Feb 19th... Little did I know that it was going to be a much longer wait due to that.

You might want to check and answer private calls. IRCC called 3 times from a private number and I didnt answer 2 of them, I picked up the 3rd time for curiousity.

sloboswede

Jul 30, 2013
We're still waiting for test invite for my mom. We applied in May 2019.
For virtual oath, I always thought it's a group oath...hm...interesting to know it's one person.. So now I wonder how that works for my mom, who doesn't speak English at all (75 years old). Sure I'll be there as interpreter, but the oath itself, I don't know how she's gonna read it out loud.

Never mind. Just curious.
I only know how they did it for me, so I can't say how they generally have planned to do it. Did she get the pre-covid oath invite? You don't have to do the tests if you old enough I believe.

Last edited:

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
Thanks for your suggestion! It's such a good idea. I'm gonna get her practicing the oath beforehand. I doubt that she can memorize it all, but at least it can help her familiar with the sound of it so she'll be less nervous when the time comes.
Hi Don't worry. I am 75 years old I too could not understand the words spoken by Honorable Judge . He advised me to cool down and then he repeated the working of oath only one word by one word and at the last he congratulated me I have become Canadian. My oath was on 22nd July,2020 and I have got my Citizen Certificate yesterday. The host and Honorable Judge were were cordial with accommodating nature. Honorable Judge kept smiling on my wrong pronunciation and advised me not to be tense and speak following him. Wish all the best for your mother and be panic she will definitely get through.

carielilviztie

Dec 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 29, 2015 (Federal)
Nomination.....
CSQ December 15, 2014
Med's Request
July 13, 2015 and RPRF
Med's Done....
July 21, 2015 and Paid RPRF July 22, 2015
Interview........
Waived...
Passport Req..
February 01, 2016 (DECISION MADE on e-cas Feb 02, 2016)
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 01, 2016
LANDED..........
June 24, 2016

I saw that you're under Montreal processing office, we are on the same boat (except you had your previous schedule while i don't have) I am entering 7 month of waiting for virtual Oath invite since my status change to DM...The long wait is depressing and frustrating at the same time.

Masih_001

Star Member
Oct 2, 2018
Hi all,
Hahahahaha duct cleaning and tax fraud loll I also receive alot of those calls

Reactions: dizon09