+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2019 Citizenship Application

trk1

Jul 15, 2014
HELP NEEDED PLEASE

I am based out of Calgary, and received my test invitation for Nov 1. I had AOR on July 25th and In process on Sept 12.

My problem is, I have an appointment on Oct 18th to apply for visa to stay in another country. They will keep my passport for about a month to process my visa. That means I will not be able to bring my passport to the test on Nov 1. I have few questions to clarify:

1) If I get back to IRCC and ask to reschedule, any idea what should be the next date? I am leaving Canada around mid of Dec, so I need to make sure re-scheduling doesn't take too long

2) Do I really need my original passport? Reason I am asking is that the current passport is the new one which I just received in May, and it is no where mentioned in my application. I applied for citizenship with my old passport which I will still have to bring it to the test. However, since I renewed, my old passport is expired. Would they still need the new passport or old passport + copy of new passport would also be fine?

Really look forward to your response please as my visa appointment is only 3 days away.

Thank you!
Good idea to postpone the Oct 18th interview if that is feasible. Cheers!

Soon_Canadian88

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Here'is my timeline:
Received May 27
AOR August 7
IP September 27
Invitation for exam: October 15
Exam date: November 08

Based in Montreal.
Updated. Damn it man, we both have everything the same. May 23, May 27, August 7, and Sept 27. Montreal. Except I haven't received my invite yet :(. Good luck for you.

Tanveerpuar

Jul 16, 2019
HELP NEEDED PLEASE

I am based out of Calgary, and received my test invitation for Nov 1. I had AOR on July 25th and In process on Sept 12.

My problem is, I have an appointment on Oct 18th to apply for visa to stay in another country. They will keep my passport for about a month to process my visa. That means I will not be able to bring my passport to the test on Nov 1. I have few questions to clarify:

1) If I get back to IRCC and ask to reschedule, any idea what should be the next date? I am leaving Canada around mid of Dec, so I need to make sure re-scheduling doesn't take too long

2) Do I really need my original passport? Reason I am asking is that the current passport is the new one which I just received in May, and it is no where mentioned in my application. I applied for citizenship with my old passport which I will still have to bring it to the test. However, since I renewed, my old passport is expired. Would they still need the new passport or old passport + copy of new passport would also be fine?

Really look forward to your response please as my visa appointment is only 3 days away.

Thank you!
I would suggest you to postpone your appointment date as they would require your original passports with you (old and new one). I have the same dates as you but no test invite yet. I am from Calgary.

User1982

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-04-2016
Doc's Request.
13-05-2016 rcmp
AOR Received.
5-04-2016
Passport Req..
05-12-2016
HELP NEEDED PLEASE

Thank you!
I suggest , postpone your visa processing for other country. Don't ask for the test date change with IRCC.

enthuuu

Star Member
Jun 28, 2016
Thank you guys for quick response. I had to take a hard decision to cancel my visa appointment and rebook for Nov 4 to get through Nov 1 test.

Another question:

Can somebody please confirm what exact documents we need to bring to the test? I see a checklist in the appointment letter and concerned about this: "all your original documents that support your citizenship application (as listed in the document checklist in the citizenship application form);"

The document checklist included the citizenship application form, physical presence calculator, photos, proof of English competency (I used IELTS), copy of fee receipt, passport copy, copy of another ID (I used driving license), and copy of document checklist itself.

I can certainly bring originals of passport, IELTS, and driving license, my question is, do I have to print other docs listed above - citizenship app form, physical presence calculator, copy of fee receipt, and copy of document checklist?

Thank you!

slisko

Oct 31, 2013
Thank you guys for quick response. I had to take a hard decision to cancel my visa appointment and rebook for Nov 4 to get through Nov 1 test.

Another question:

Can somebody please confirm what exact documents we need to bring to the test? I see a checklist in the appointment letter and concerned about this: "all your original documents that support your citizenship application (as listed in the document checklist in the citizenship application form);"

The document checklist included the citizenship application form, physical presence calculator, photos, proof of English competency (I used IELTS), copy of fee receipt, passport copy, copy of another ID (I used driving license), and copy of document checklist itself.

I can certainly bring originals of passport, IELTS, and driving license, my question is, do I have to print other docs listed above - citizenship app form, physical presence calculator, copy of fee receipt, and copy of document checklist?

Thank you!
You should also probably notify CIC of the new passport and send them a copy beforehand.

slisko

Oct 31, 2013
Did my test this morning and passed !

Only one answer wrong, but they didn't tell me which one.

Now waiting for the Oath ceremony invitation, they said it may take 4 months.

Reactions: FamMant

bbjason330

Oct 16, 2019
Can someone please add me to the tracker?
Here'is my timeline:

Received: May 09
AOR: July 25
IP: September 14
Invitation for exam: September 23
Exam date: October 16 - Passed

Thanks

aeropostale

Sep 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I just applied for citizenship this week.
Is anyone here who is a PR via an express entry ? if yes, I'm curious to know if there is any difference in application timelines.
Thanks