+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2019 Citizenship Application

comforter

Star Member
Jul 25, 2016
Is AOR an automated NO-reply mail? Yesterday, I have got an email at 10.07 PM stating that we have received your citizenship application and a new application number is mentioned there. If they need any further document, they will ask me. Meanwhile, I need to be prepared for the knowledge Test. Is this the desired AOR mail? I have submitted my application on May 5th and got this email is August 7th. One thing, I can say without tracking number never send anything to IRCC. Never send anything via regular mail. It just makes delay and in the worst-case document could be lost.
Congrats ‘

Reactions: raj_bond

comforter

Star Member
Jul 25, 2016
Did you use the tracking feature/get the signature or initials of the person who received the package? Either way, your application package will reach the case processing centre, regardless of which method you used to send it.
Very true

lsy6621956

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
Did you use courier?
I did the opposite mistake.. I used the courier address.. but mine was just with canada post express delivery so I think I was to use the normal address

So i am also curious to know if all the ones who made an error on address have their AOR or application returned.. being delayed?
Noooo.. The PO box address is for regular mails only.

Reactions: raj_bond

lsy6621956

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
Did you use the tracking feature/get the signature or initials of the person who received the package? Either way, your application package will reach the case processing centre, regardless of which method you used to send it.
My package was received by someone called Y MARTEII

nataliafrance

Mar 24, 2015
I am not worried it won’t reach the processing centre, as it was delivered. I think that it could delay processing because they will need to forward to the correct mailing room etc.. that’s how I picture it

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
I am not worried it won’t reach the processing centre, as it was delivered. I think that it could delay processing because they will need to forward to the correct mailing room etc.. that’s how I picture it
May I ask which box you forgot to check on your application? A major one, or a minor one?

mazda19

Mar 16, 2019
Hi, if you see application received in your ecas it means AOR was sent! If your AOR was not sent, you wouldn't see anything in your ecas! I think it's good to phone IRCC just to male sure they got your contact details right in the system and check you junk/spam email folder.
OMG!! Really?? I did not know that. I'll call them then. I've been checking my SPAM for about a month, and I did not get anything there..
Thank you.

mazda19

Mar 16, 2019
Hi, Click on application received link in ECAS, it would have details about your application. It should be something like this: -

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on ______.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on ____.
I just checked, it is only showing the first item for me.. So I guess, I should wait for AOR.. This is really strange!

mazda19

Mar 16, 2019
may I ask if yours was a resubmission? The reason for asking is that two applicants on the April board also ( both resubmissions) noticed their ecas updated but with no AOR..
No, it was not a re-submission. First time applying.

comforter

Star Member
Jul 25, 2016
Just called CIC ,they said they do not have my application in their system yet That I should wait till middle of September before I start getting worried

nataliafrance

Mar 24, 2015
May I ask which box you forgot to check on your application? A major one, or a minor one?
I think it’s minor, it’s around then end about election choices (if you want to be part of registered list of electors).. IRCC agent said that if I get lucky it won’t be returned but some agents will consider this as incomplete..

nataliafrance

Mar 24, 2015
Just called CIC ,they said they do not have my application in their system yet That I should wait till middle of September before I start getting worried
Wow they said to wait early September.. but frankly won’t listen to them. If i haven’t received any update by aug 20 , I will send back a new application. I feel like that this stage if they have not received it, then there is a problem

Reactions: comforter

Qazi8888

Aug 8, 2019
Hi there. I am a silent observer. But thought will just update you guys
Recieved my AOR today 8th August.
Total days present: 1190
File sent: 23rd of May 2019
File received: 28th of May 2019
AOR: 8th August 2019
Single application.

comforter

Star Member
Jul 25, 2016
Hi there. I am a silent observer. But thought will just update you guys
Recieved my AOR today 8th August.
Total days present: 1190
File sent: 23rd of May 2019
File received: 28th of May 2019
AOR: 8th August 2019
Single application.
Congrats!
If you don’t mind my asking, before today did you check your ECAS online what does it say?

comforter

Star Member
Jul 25, 2016
Wow they said to wait early September.. but frankly won’t listen to them. If i haven’t received any update by aug 20 , I will send back a new application. I feel like that this stage if they have not received it, then there is a problem
Yeah September is a long stretch I won’t be able to wait till then.