+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2019 Citizenship Application

skaramakov

May 23, 2019
Mississauga
LANDED..........
29-02-2016
Hello moderators...

Please update my information to the May 2019 Canada citizenship application. It is a family application. We all received our AORs yesterday.

AOR received: August 6, 2019.

Thank you!

PadCan88

May 8, 2019
Also..if you have time pls ask what application date they are

Yes. Congrats!
Sorry didn’t see your message in time, but I just received my AOR within a few hours of the phone call. Please add to Excel Spreadsheet Admin...

App Sent: May 28th
App Received: May 30th
Type of application: Single
Physical presence: 1238

nataliafrance

Mar 24, 2015
Sorry didn’t see your message in time, but I just received my AOR within a few hours of the phone call. Please add to Excel Spreadsheet Admin...

App Sent: May 28th
App Received: May 30th
Type of application: Single
Physical presence: 1238
Congratulations! I was told they are reviewing up to june 17! And the guy i had supposedly escalated my case.. but ai honestly think it’s BS and they will only escalate when September comes (this was would be their deadline for May applicants)

Reactions: PadCan88

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Congratulations! I was told they are reviewing up to june 17! And the guy i had supposedly escalated my case.. but ai honestly think it’s BS and they will only escalate when September comes (this was would be their deadline for May applicants)
Hi, When was your application received?

nataliafrance

Mar 24, 2015
Getting ready to prepare a new application because it’s very likely mine will be returned (forgot to check a box)..in case I have to redo application, I will be passed the 90 days timeframe so will need to redo it fully. Here is my question
.. if you have provided a police certificate which is recent (may 2019).. but then went to the US for a few days in June.. do you need to ask for NEW police certificate that was issues after the last time you visited the country.. or can i still hse the one issued in May 2019?

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Getting ready to prepare a new application because it’s very likely mine will be returned (forgot to check a box)..in case I have to redo application, I will be passed the 90 days timeframe so will need to redo it fully. Here is my question
.. if you have provided a police certificate which is recent (may 2019).. but then went to the US for a few days in June.. do you need to ask for NEW police certificate that was issues after the last time you visited the country.. or can i still hse the one issued in May 2019?
You only have to provide a certificate if you've stayed for 183 days or more, consecutively, in the last four years. It's stated in the instruction guide: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html

If you went for a few days in June (<183 days), you do not need to re-submit a certificate.

nataliafrance

Mar 24, 2015
You only have to provide a certificate if you've stayed for 183 days or more, consecutively, in the last four years. It's stated in the instruction guide: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html

If you went for a few days in June (<183 days), you do not need to re-submit a certificate.
Tks
Yea so i have lived in the US for 8 months back in 2015 and that is why i had to provide a police certificate. What I don’t know is if I have to provide a newest one that the one issued in May2019, because I went to the US in june for a few days

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Tks
Yea so i have lived in the US for 8 months back in 2015 and that is why i had to provide a police certificate. What I don’t know is if I have to provide a newest one that the one issued in May2019, because I went to the US in june for a few days
it says in the guide:

The police certificate must either have been issued:

• after the last time you were in that country; OR
  • no more than 6 months before the date you sign your citizenship application
So if you're within the 6 month timeframe, you should be good.

Reactions: nataliafrance

jaybes21

Jul 14, 2019
quick question folks in regards to a police check.

When should we start counting the 'past 4 years'? I came here in Canada in May 2015 and filled out the form in July 2019. do I have to provide any police check??