+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2019 Citizenship Application

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
shoot, I meant May 2020...
sorry, posted to the wrong thread
LOL. My answer still stands provided IRCC starts issuing bulk test invites sometime soon AND they either increase the number of applicants for oath per ceremony / increase the number of oath ceremonies held per day or both. It is possible that their system is still not equipped to handle large number of applicants and I can only hope that they are able to upgrade it in the near future.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Well, try ordering GCMS notes. While there is no guarantee by any means, this might get the ball rolling. I suggested the same thing to a 2018 applicant yesterday, who is still waiting for their application to progress. Ordering GCMS has sometimes got the application moving in the past, it might or might not work but it is worth a try - you don't lose a cent in trying.
@CanadianinDubai

There is a belief that requesting Gcms Notes may somehow influence the visa process, unfortunately it does not. Requesting Gcms Notes does not change the pace of the visa process or the outcome.

Non-unique user name

Jan 31, 2020
Our citizenship testing was on March 19, 2020. 4-5 days before that we got the cancellation notice. As I understand it, CIC recently posted on their website that they will start online testing soon. Anyone whose test was similarly cancelled - have any of you received a new invite for the online testing? (CIC said that they will be going in order i.e. whose tests got cancelled first will be the first ones to get the test invite - we were expecting to be one of the first ones to get it, if this is the case. We still haven't received an invite yet)... Thank you for your time!

My citizenship test was also scheduled on March 19, 2020 and cancelled 4 days before the test. Now I am waiting for an invitation to take the online test. On the IRCC website they claim that the online testing was introduced end of November, and it is in an experimental stage where they are inviting selected people to take the test as an experiment. I also thought that I would be one of the first people to be invited but have not heard from IRCC. My family is advising me to send them an e-mail to remind them of my existence:) in case I was overlooked. Do you think it is a good idea?

Also the experimental testing stage is said to last several weeks since end of November. But why are we not considered as candidates for the experiment?

Last edited:

jaystk04

May 10, 2020
Hi Admin,

My Family is part of the May 2020 tracker - row no 98, can you please update there status in the tracker as below
AOR - Oct 27, 2020
In Process ecas - Dec 08th 2020

Thanks in advance

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
BTW, my PR card is expiring in May this year. Should I apply for a new one in case I do not get the test invite by this time?
Definitely re-new PR card. You always want to make sure you have an up-to-date Canadian Travel Document. Even if you get a test invite, you may not become a citizen until summer. Never put yourself in a situation where you don't have a document in hand.

skaramakov

May 23, 2019
Mississauga
LANDED..........
29-02-2016
Hi admin,
Please can you update my status as per the following?

Test invite= 19Mar2020 was canceled due to the pandemic.
New test e-vite = 13Jan2021. We had 21 days to take it. We took the test on 24Jan2021. We both passed. Now waiting for the next steps.

Reactions: melito

skaramakov

May 23, 2019
Mississauga
LANDED..........
29-02-2016
We had our citizenship test invite for 19Mar2020. It got canceled due to the pandemic. We got a new e-test invite on 13Jan2021. We gave the test on 24Jan2021 and passed it on the first attempt. Anyone else in the same boat - what happens after this? Did you get another invite for an interview with an immigration officer? Or did you get an invite for an online oath ceremony? How long did it take after successful completion of the e-test? I appreciate your time and answers. Thank you.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
We had our citizenship test invite for 19Mar2020. It got canceled due to the pandemic. We got a new e-test invite on 13Jan2021. We gave the test on 24Jan2021 and passed it on the first attempt. Anyone else in the same boat - what happens after this? Did you get another invite for an interview with an immigration officer? Or did you get an invite for an online oath ceremony? How long did it take after successful completion of the e-test? I appreciate your time and answers. Thank you.
Generally, the next step is your DM status (Decision Made) and after that, you get your oath invitation. But I have seen a couple of applicants got scheduled for an interview with an officer after the test. This is not that common but can still happen if the processing officer has any further questions about the information you have provided or your residence.

skaramakov

May 23, 2019
Mississauga
LANDED..........
29-02-2016
Generally, the next step is your DM status (Decision Made) and after that, you get your oath invitation. But I have seen a couple of applicants got scheduled for an interview with an officer after the test. This is not that common but can still happen if the processing officer has any further questions about the information you have provided or your residence.
Thank you!

nagarjun rao

Star Member
May 4, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
03-17-2017
AOR Received.
08-01-2017
Med's Request
12-29-2016
Med's Done....
04-03-2017
Passport Req..
04-04-2017
Hi,
Is it possible for you to please share the link here to check where my status gets changed to DM? When I login to my citizenship status check portal online,
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do

the last message was "in process". When I clicked the in process, the last step is "we started processing your application" although I am done with my online test yesterday.So I am curious if I am checking the right page. Thank you

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi,
Is it possible for you to please share the link here to check where my status gets changed to DM? When I login to my citizenship status check portal online,
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do

the last message was "in process". When I clicked the in process, the last step is "we started processing your application" although I am done with my online test yesterday.So I am curious if I am checking the right page. Thank you
There is no status update for the test AFAIK. The next likely step is a "Decision Made" (DM) update on ECAS.

nagarjun rao

Star Member
May 4, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
03-17-2017
AOR Received.
08-01-2017
Med's Request
12-29-2016
Med's Done....
04-03-2017
Passport Req..
04-04-2017
There is no status update for the test AFAIK. The next likely step is a "Decision Made" (DM) update on ECAS.
Perfect! Thank you. After the DM step, I am assuming to recieve an oath invite, if everythine else is fine or otherwise, an interview step before the oath invite step, correct?

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram