+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2019 Citizenship Application

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
I am studying for the citizenship test. Is the book alone enough? The book says that it has all you need to know to pass the test. Is the interview normally held as part of the citizenship exam, or is it sometimes waived?

Also do I need to bring my entire citizenship application to the test/interview?
Hi,

The book is sufficient. Try the online practice tests just to give you the sense of multiple choice questions.

The Interview is more of a discussion of your current employment scenario and/or your travel stamp in the passport related.

You do not need the citizenship application at the interview.

Don't worry, you will be fine. Stay calm and all the best!

dizon09

Jan 16, 2013
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-Nov-2013
Doc's Request.
Biodata Form
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
10-Dec-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
15-May-2014
Med's Done....
07-Jun-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-Jul-2014
LANDED..........
15-Jul-2014 rainbow bridge
To all admin and members of the forum,

Thank you all for the patience maintaining this thread. We received our oath invitation today for Mar. 24 at Mississauga. It's been a long interesting & stressfull experience from work permit to PR and finally we're all at the final stages of the application. Thank you for all your experiences guided us from the start. Cheers!

Reactions: elcabalito2017

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
Hej buddy, thanks for your reply. What do you mean "discussion of current employment scenario or travel stamp in the passport"? Could you elaborate on that?
Scenario as in if you are currently employed or any changes to your employment status since you applied for the citizenship.

If you agreed(in citizenship application) to IRCC getting access to CBSA records for validating your in/out of the country during the citizenship eligibility period, they generally would have their records validated against what you had mentioned in your citizenship application before the "interview". If they have any doubt about the dates they might ask for an explanation/translation of date stamped in other language in the passport. Just regular stuff. Nothing to be worried if you are sure you have a clean history.

getw4

Mar 9, 2020
Congrats for passing the test.

Thumb print is requested if they come across with people having same name just to ensure you are the correct person seeking/being processed in the citizenship application.

At this stage there should not be any issue. If the other person(namesake) has some issue then the processing may get a bit delayed. But, like I mentioned this should not be a cause for concern to anyone who is having a clean record and have passed their citizenship test.

Cheers and all the best for your further processing.
Thank you very much for the response @s23srinivas. Can you please let me know approximately how many days it may get delayed? My status online is still showing as "invite for
Congrats for passing the test.

Thumb print is requested if they come across with people having same name just to ensure you are the correct person seeking/being processed in the citizenship application.

At this stage there should not be any issue. If the other person(namesake) has some issue then the processing may get a bit delayed. But, like I mentioned this should not be a cause for concern to anyone who is having a clean record and have passed their citizenship test.

Cheers and all the best for your further processing.
Thanks very much @s23srinivas for your response. Will they nomally ask us to go for a FP check during the interview. Also can you please let me know approximately how much day the process may get delayed because of this.

getw4

Mar 9, 2020
Where are the FP's normally done at high frequency through RCMP or through an agency? In some of the forums it was mentioned that RCMP will send the letter only to the personal address, can you someone please clarify?

daniel.x.qiao

Aug 3, 2015
Just got oath invitation for April 17th in Vancouver. Just crossing fingers it doesn't have to be cancelled because of the COVID-19 outbreak...
Congrats. My oath in Vancouver is on 28th March. Based on the current situation, I really think there is big chance of cancelling the ceremony in the next week or two.

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
Thank you very much for the response @s23srinivas. Can you please let me know approximately how many days it may get delayed? My status online is still showing as "invite for

Thanks very much @s23srinivas for your response. Will they nomally ask us to go for a FP check during the interview. Also can you please let me know approximately how much day the process may get delayed because of this.
No definitive answer for this. Unfortunately it will vary for different cases.

dizon09

Jan 16, 2013
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-Nov-2013
Doc's Request.
Biodata Form
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
10-Dec-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
15-May-2014
Med's Done....
07-Jun-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-Jul-2014
LANDED..........
15-Jul-2014 rainbow bridge
Where are the FP's normally done at high frequency through RCMP or through an agency? In some of the forums it was mentioned that RCMP will send the letter only to the personal address, can you someone please clarify?
FP's can be done by accredited RCMP agencies. In our case at Eglinton Ave. near Renforth Toronto. Just bring with you ID's and the request letter and they will be the one to submit your fingerprints.