+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2019 Citizenship Application

party2050

May 21, 2019
You can wait prior to applying for visa or request a visa transfer based on Material change such as citizenship. You will need to surrender your passport and renounce your Indian citizenship eventually. Visa transfer from Indian to Canadian passport is the simplest option on the table

enthuuu

Star Member
Jun 28, 2016
I guess you will first need to think how you will get Canadian Passport sitting at that European country...only option in my opinion is to get Canadian passport before moving there...

btw, which country is that? So someone can help you better
Country I am moving to is France. You can certainly apply for Canadian passport in foreign land, check this out: https://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/france/consular_services_consulaires/passports_adult-adulte_passeports.aspx?lang=eng

enthuuu

Star Member
Jun 28, 2016
You can wait prior to applying for visa or request a visa transfer based on Material change such as citizenship. You will need to surrender your passport and renounce your Indian citizenship eventually. Visa transfer from Indian to Canadian passport is the simplest option on the table
How does visa transfer work? Can I do so while staying in France. My initial thought was that I will enter on Indian passport, start studying there, get Canadian passport, and apply for visa on canadian passport. The last step seems like a problem because france doesn't issue student visa from within. It asks you to travel to your home country and apply there in the consulate. Though visa transfer seems like another good option.

jag19

Oct 10, 2018
How does visa transfer work? Can I do so while staying in France. My initial thought was that I will enter on Indian passport, start studying there, get Canadian passport, and apply for visa on canadian passport. The last step seems like a problem because france doesn't issue student visa from within. It asks you to travel to your home country and apply there in the consulate. Though visa transfer seems like another good option.
Is it your status change to decision made today on your ecas?

Jahano7o7

Oct 2, 2019
Hello ,
This is my first post to the thread.
My application was sent from Calgary on May 27, 2019 .
Received on May,31.
AOR on August,15
IP on Sept,30
I got invitation for test on oct,26
Test will be on Nov ,22
My question is I have travel plan to go outside Canada on December15.
Do I need to inform interviewer about my travel plan during interview?I am a bit
confused about what to do,cause I have already made vacation plan and bought ticket for that.I will return Canada on January,19
I don't want to miss my oath during my trip.
Your valuable advices will be appreciated.

Last edited:

party2050

May 21, 2019
Hello ,
Received on May,31.
AOR on August,15
IP on Sept,30
Test will be on Nov ,22
Do I need to inform interviewer about my travel plan during interview?I am a bit
confused about what to do,cause I have already made vacation plan and bought ticket for that.I will return Canada on January,19
You are better off calling CIC and informing them after you receive your Oath ceremony details. There is no point in writing your story here. No one here I assume is an immigration official.. to give you an official response let alone do something about it.

party2050

May 21, 2019
I do not know what to say.. logic dictates that you speak to the Visa office/ consulate or whomever that does that job and bombard them with questions .. I am not sure how would posting your questions here would help .. like how? Like seriously ..

Jahano7o7

Oct 2, 2019
Thanks for your reply.Actually I don't want to hear any response like an immgration officer.I just want ,may b any advice from an experiened someone.
I know It's me who have to take decision.I thought this platform is for everyone who has applied for citizenship and can ask for if has any quiery.
I thought there would be someone with the same situation.That why I asked for.
Thanks again.

Last edited:

Myrle

May 25, 2019
Brighton
Thanks for your reply.Actually I don't want to hear any response like an immgration officer.I just want ,may b any advice from an experiened someone.
I know It's me who have to take decision.I thought this platform is for everyone who has applied for citizenship and can ask for if has any quiery.
I thought there would be someone with the same situation.That why I asked for.
Thanks again.

Myrle

May 25, 2019
Brighton
I thought the group was to help people based on their experience they had in the past . If you don’t have an answer don’t reply . Be kind to people not scorn them for asking a question. Just saying

Reactions: Jahano7o7

KAZ123

Jun 2, 2019
Hello ,
Received on May,31.
AOR on August,15
IP on Sept,30
Test will be on Nov ,22

Hi,
I am an April applicant from Calgary. I had my test on 30th Oct. I am also travelling outside Canada on 1st Dec and come back on19th Jan. I had decided I would let the interviewer know about my travel plan. When the test was about to begin they gave a few instructions and they told us if anyone is travelling outside Canada in the next 1-3 months they write their travel dates on the answer sheet. Then when I went in for the interview I mentioned To the agent that I am travelling, she looked at the dates on my answer sheet and said no problem, we wont schedule your oath ceremony while you are gone. I also confirmed if I should write An email to CIC to let them know about my travel plan, to which she indicated there is no need.

Hope this helps you :)

Last edited:

Jahano7o7

Oct 2, 2019
Hi,
I am an April applicant from Calgary. I had my test on 30th Oct. I am also travelling outside Canada on 1st Dec and come back on19th Jan. I had decided I would let the interviewer know about my travel plan. When the test was about to begin they gave a few instructions and they told us if anyone is travelling outside Canada in the next 1-3 months they write their travel dates on the answer sheet. Then when I went in for the interview I mentioned To the agent that I am travelling, she looked at the dates on my answer sheet and said no problem, we wont schedule your oath ceremony while you are gone. I also confirmed if I should write An email to CIC to let them know about my travel plan, to which she indicated there is no need.

Thanks for your reply.It's really great help.

Reactions: KAZ123

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are better off calling CIC and informing them after you receive your Oath ceremony details. There is no point in writing your story here. No one here I assume is an immigration official.. to give you an official response let alone do something about it.
You know what they say about people who assume! People come to the forum to discuss with others who have been in this situation and believe it or not, there are Immigration Consultants on this page who come and help people instead of calling CIC and queuing for 2-5 hours to talk to someone who won't give you direct answers at the best of times! Don't reply if you don't have advice to give, very simple!

Reactions: Jahano7o7

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Agreed with this! When my husband went for his exam they asked for our travel dates as well, and we gave them and he was scheduled for his Oath 1 month after we arrived in Canada.