+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2018 - Citizenship Applicants

nick_689

Star Member
Jul 26, 2018
Hi guys, just an update, I just called IRCC and they said they have a Test day ready for me, but just haven't been actually uploaded to the website, the agent told me it should be August 17th, and I should be able to verify it on their website very very soon, and if I don't see anything by next week, I should give them a call back, and they can manually update the website with the test date.
wow thats a first. never heard IRCC agents say that. Congrats.

Mississauga-Applicant

Jun 17, 2019
wow thats a first. never heard IRCC agents say that. Congrats.
Hi guys, just an update, I just called IRCC and they said they have a Test day ready for me, but just haven't been actually uploaded to the website, the agent told me it should be August 17th, and I should be able to verify it on their website very very soon, and if I don't see anything by next week, I should give them a call back, and they can manually update the website with the test date.
Same thing happened to me and I got invite the next day

Mississauga-Applicant

Jun 17, 2019
Just got off the phone with IRCC.... "Your number is coming soon" is all I could get.
Great!! That might mean they have scheduled you for the test. When I called IRCC the person on the other side said you should hear back SOON. When I asked for more details he said “it’s not official but you have been scheduled for 20th and will get a notification within a week or so.”. I got an email the next day. I have a feeling you are going to hear from them soon.

nick_689

Star Member
Jul 26, 2018
Great!! That might mean they have scheduled you for the test. When I called IRCC the person on the other side said you should hear back SOON. When I asked for more details he said “it’s not official but you have been scheduled for 20th and will get a notification within a week or so.”. I got an email the next day. I have a feeling you are going to hear from them soon.
I hope you are right ...

nick_689

Star Member
Jul 26, 2018
you were right

Muns59

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
So I called IRCC for an update .

In May when I called they said they will contact the Scarborough office for an update . When I called back in June , they said the office didn’t respond and they will re-send a msg .

So I called again today . No response from office . Agent agreed this is strange and said she will send an “emergency message “ , whatever that is .

I asked what are my options . Nothing really . She said if I send a web form they can direct it to Scarborough. I already submitted one this week and the third since this dilemma .

And I am going to go my mp office Tuesday to have them contact for me .

theflyingfalcon

May 23, 2014
After 3 business days from the oath ceremony, can we apply at Passport Canada even if the ecas status hasn’t changed from “Decision Made” to “Complete”.
We have the citizenship certificates with us.
Is it normal nowadays that they delay updating ecas after finishing the ceremony?

Shamu

Star Member
Apr 10, 2019
After 3 business days from the oath ceremony, can we apply at Passport Canada even if the ecas status hasn’t changed from “Decision Made” to “Complete”.
We have the citizenship certificates with us.
Is it normal nowadays that they delay updating ecas after finishing the ceremony?
If you apply in person at passport office ( like I did) they will check it on the spot

I receive a citizenship certificate on Tuesday , and applied on Friday morning.

So it’s basically two business days

Reactions: theflyingfalcon

shah81

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2014
AOR Received.
09-10-2014
Med's Request
29-12-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2015 ( 3rd line update: 12-May-2015)
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
Decision Made:25 July 2015, PPR: 29 July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-July-2015, pp sent: 30-july, pp received: 12 aug
LANDED..........
15-Aug-2015
So now it’s only me from May applicants who is waiting for test. Hope for the best

theflyingfalcon

May 23, 2014
If you apply in person at passport office ( like I did) they will check it on the spot

I receive a citizenship certificate on Tuesday , and applied on Friday morning.

So it’s basically two business days
Thanks a lot. So had your ecas status been changed already when you applied on Friday?