+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2018 - Citizenship Applicants

Thimail

Mar 29, 2019
Would someone please kindly update the spreadsheet?

Received notice to appear to write the citizenship test: May 15, 2019
Test date: June 8, 2019 - passed (Scarborough)

Thanks

Ashfaq10

Aug 7, 2012
App. Filed.......
11-05-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Please do tell us your interview experience. How was it and what did they ask for? My interview is also at hamilton soon. Will appreciate your response.
It was really nice experience indeed! - most likely you will be asked for your two pieces of ID, passports, PR card etc .. don't forget your ontario health card though. they might ask you few general questions about yourself,your family and any future travel plans. nothing to worry about.

upandgoing

Star Member
Mar 9, 2018
It was really nice experience indeed! - most likely you will be asked for your two pieces of ID, passports, PR card etc .. don't forget your ontario health card though. they might ask you few general questions about yourself,your family and any future travel plans. nothing to worry about.
Thanks and many many congrats.

Thimail

Mar 29, 2019
Reading the comments here about when people got invited for the oath ceremony, it feels almost as random: some people did it right after the interview, others the next day, others the following week, some people say they haven't been called yet after a gee months.
So I was wondering anyone has noticed any pattern that might explain the criteria they use when to decide who to call first, is it dependent on which location you wrote your test, if you are a family, single, based on how well they can mix the crowd?

Mohbali31

Aug 7, 2018
They didnt call me for Oath ceremoney because they are waiting for my finger prints results. So if some sought of clearence required then you will get a Oath ceremony date at a later date

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
Reading the comments here about when people got invited for the oath ceremony, it feels almost as random: some people did it right after the interview, others the next day, others the following week, some people say they haven't been called yet after a gee months.
So I was wondering anyone has noticed any pattern that might explain the criteria they use when to decide who to call first, is it dependent on which location you wrote your test, if you are a family, single, based on how well they can mix the crowd?

Hi,
everything depends on the number of applicants in a region. More of them means longer waiting time. Although if an applicant comes from a long distance, he/she is usually given the same day(test/oath) option. There are also exceptions that have their own path though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thimail

sunnybh

Dec 11, 2017
My oath done yesterday - 14 Jun, ECAS status changed to "Complete" on 15 Jun. Now will apply for passport on Monday. Thanks

Reactions: Shamu