+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2018 - Citizenship Applicants

Kani1980

Nov 10, 2018
You know what? I am in the exact same boat! I live dt, and got test and everything in Scarborough back in Jan. and out of a sudden got transfered to Mississauga. I also called CIC many many many times, and just one time an agent mentioned they wanted to finish the backlog in Scarborough........
what the heck, so how about the bigger backlog in Mississauga? It is just ridiculous.
i know Mississauga office is very very slow, still March2018, April2018 applicants are waiting for test. but Scarborough office has transferred our files to Mississauga office & increase their backlog more. i think we have to wait more 2 or 3 month for oath. now Scarborough office is very very fast . these days June2018, July2018, Aug2018, Sep2018 Applicants are getting test & Oath.

hmel

Star Member
Oct 30, 2018
i know Mississauga office is very very slow, still March2018, April2018 applicants are waiting for test. but Scarborough office has transferred our files to Mississauga office & increase their backlog more. i think we have to wait more 2 or 3 month for oath. now Scarborough office is very very fast . these days June2018, July2018, Aug2018, Sep2018 Applicants are getting test & Oath.
Yep. My colleague who applied in Sep is gonna to oath this month in Scarborough
I was like, what the....
We are both single, the same race, similar income, but why???? is it just based on who is unlucky or lucky?

Kani1980

Nov 10, 2018
Yep. My colleague who applied in Sep is gonna to oath this month in Scarborough
I was like, what the....
We are both single, the same race, similar income, but why???? is it just based on who is unlucky or lucky?
i can say one thing.... May2018 applicants(GTA) are unlucky(we are unlucky)...!

Umer bhatti

Mar 30, 2019
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 28, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 7, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on August 22, 2018. Nothing is happening after this i am from Scarborough

Shamu

Star Member
Apr 10, 2019
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 28, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 7, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on August 22, 2018. Nothing is happening after this i am from Scarborough
Did you call them?

hmel

Star Member
Oct 30, 2018
How many days before the ceremoney cic they send email to inform?
my work and life schedule has been completely messed up by the long over due oath...

hmel

Star Member
Oct 30, 2018
Average time is 2 weeks.
the website says its 4 weeks.
My job needs to travel quite a bit to the States, and I dont wanna call CIC and block out the dates cos i know it is gonna make it more slow and I will never have my oath.

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
the website says its 4 weeks.
My job needs to travel quite a bit to the States, and I dont wanna call CIC and block out the dates cos i know it is gonna make it more slow and I will never have my oath.
The website says many other things too, like completing the process in 12 months. Much information on that website makes me scratch my head. I was given 2 weeks for test and 2 weeks for Oath too. Just be prepared; just in case!

hmel

Star Member
Oct 30, 2018
The website says many other things too, like completing the process in 12 months. Much information on that website makes me scratch my head. I was given 2 weeks for test and 2 weeks for Oath too. Just be prepared; just in case!
thats true . ha
cic does things very randomly.

hmel

Star Member
Oct 30, 2018
They annoy the hell out of many..
Their problem is, they never follow the same process for everyone, and process order is completely random.
The US immigration dept follows a consistent process and they tell you on regular bases, what the stages are for whoever who submitted on xxx date.
no such thing in CIC, as we can see applicants in Sep already got oath, while some of us here still waiting for test.

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
Their problem is, they never follow the same process for everyone, and process order is completely random.
The US immigration dept follows a consistent process and they tell you on regular bases, what the stages are for whoever who submitted on xxx date.
no such thing in CIC, as we can see applicants in Sep already got oath, while some of us here still waiting for test.
And they need SMART, SKILLED, QUALIFIED immigrants for what? to annoy the hell out of them? Now they’ve started to deport people just to show some effort to survive an election.. ?? It’s a bloody circus!