+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2018 - Citizenship Applicants

adol316

May 29, 2018
DM made a few days ago. Nothing else on ECAS. So I called today and discovered they sent me an email this week (it was never received, I don't see anything in my inbox or junk folders). I was told over the phone that my ceremony is May 2. Very relieved, as I must travel later in May! Please update the sheet :)

Edit on same day: I just rechecked my ECAS. It says the date and time of the ceremony, and that they sent me a notice about it (which I have not received, but the call centre agent said not to worry. He gave me all the necessary info.)

Last edited:

sunnybh

Dec 11, 2017
DM made a few days ago. Nothing else on ECAS. So I called today and discovered they sent me an email this week (it was never received, I don't see anything in my inbox or junk folders). I was told over the phone that my ceremony is May 2. Very relieved, as I must travel later in May! Please update the sheet :)

Edit on same day: I just rechecked my ECAS. It says the date and time of the ceremony, and that they sent me a notice about it (which I have not received, but the call centre agent said not to worry. He gave me all the necessary info.)
Updated, thanks

ali.tariq

May 29, 2011
App. Filed.......
25-05-2018
AOR Received.
02-10-2018
So I passed my test today but to my disappointment, was told that it could tkaw up to 3 to 4 months to be invited for oath ceremony. It took 11 months for the test alone and if it actually ends up taking another 3 to 4 months for oath, it will be over a year mark for sure.

Anyway, slowly but surely getting there I guess. Congratulations to everyone who has moved onto next stage of their applications and good luck to those who're still waiting.

adol316

May 29, 2018
So I passed my test today but to my disappointment, was told that it could tkaw up to 3 to 4 months to be invited for oath ceremony. It took 11 months for the test alone and if it actually ends up taking another 3 to 4 months for oath, it will be over a year mark for sure.

Anyway, slowly but surely getting there I guess. Congratulations to everyone who has moved onto next stage of their applications and good luck to those who're still waiting.
Yes, it can take that long. I applied last May, and my test was in November. I did not hear anything until last week when ECAS changed to DM. Then this morning I discovered I have the oath. That was basically several months between the test and the oath.

I too was getting very impatient but such is life and there is a lot of paperwork involved, and I'm sure IRCC would love to do things faster if they could!

shah81

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2014
AOR Received.
09-10-2014
Med's Request
29-12-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2015 ( 3rd line update: 12-May-2015)
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
Decision Made:25 July 2015, PPR: 29 July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-July-2015, pp sent: 30-july, pp received: 12 aug
LANDED..........
15-Aug-2015
Called CIC, same old answer. In waiting list for test invite.
Mississauga location.

aililia

Star Member
Nov 12, 2012
Called CIC, same old answer. In waiting list for test invite.
Mississauga location.
Do you know if your security check is done? Because for Mississauga office almost all applications are "Test pending clearance" and when you call the call center what you hear is that "you are in the queue for test".

Reactions: Shamu

erfan1985

Feb 10, 2013
For the test day they have asked for the original copies of all docs sent to them last year. But they were only a couple of forms I filled + passport copy and lang proof. Do they mean to bring original copy of lang proof and passport only? Do they need the physical presence calculation form too?

Shamu

Star Member
Apr 10, 2019
Do you know if your security check is done? Because for Mississauga office almost all applications are "Test pending clearance" and when you call the call center what you hear is that "you are in the queue for test".
In my case , when I received a notes , it says that criminal background passed. And it’s dated December 2018

Last edited: