Feb 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
App. Filed for MPNP Nomination: 20 Apr 2012; App. Filed After Nomination to CIC Nova Scotia: 28 Nov 2012; Credit card Charged: 07 Jan 2013
Nomination.....
Nomination from MPNP: 30 Sep 2012
AOR Received.
AOR from CIC Nova Scotia: 21 Jan 2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application to CIC
Med's Request
13 Feb. 2013; RPRF Request: 13 Feb. 2013 and Payment Received By Accra VO: 22 Feb 2013
Med's Done....
23 Feb. 2013, E-cas: Medical Received: 25 Mar 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-Aug-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-Aug-2013
LANDED..........
14-Dec-2013
We got our Canadian passports yesterday. Our journey which started in year 2005 to Canada is now COMPLETE.

I trust all of you have a happy ending and we all make the best of this great country of ours - Canada

Thank you all and wishing you well in the remainder of your application process.

Haa44325

Aug 9, 2012
I became a Canadian citizen on March 15th, 2019. The feeling and experience during the Oath Ceremony cannot be explained in totality, except someone is involved in the process. The ceremony was great and everyone (new Canadians) in the event were all excited. This concludes my immigration process from submitting my PR application in Sept 2011, and I started living in Canada from 2014. Honestly, the country is superb and loaded with huge level of opportunities; whatever you desire, and work hard to achieve, is very possible (with God's backing) in this great Country.
Good luck to everyone still in the process; please don't worry, yours will end well in praise. Thanks to everyone for all your support and to our Admin for completing our various updates whilst still in the process of waiting for the next steps.
Once more, thank you everyone. God bless you all and God bless Canada.

sunnybh

Dec 11, 2017
Just to update...

Test was on 12th March 2019.
Received an invite email to my oath today, 20th March.
Oath date: 15th April 2019.
Updated, thanks. What is your In Process, test invite and DM date?
Hiiii my update:

Decision made: February 15th
Oath Invitation email received 2 hours ago. Oath ceremony April 23rd.

Thank you all for the suport!!!!!!
Updated, thanks.

nimbleB

Mar 21, 2019
Hello everyone! I have a question. After you wrote the test and then had the interview, and assuming you passed everything, did the officer took your passport/PR card? I'm asking this because my situation was a bit strange. The officer that I talked to needed more additional document from me as she is not convinced with my physical presence as it is very close to 1095 days. I have submitted that document and a week later, my ECAS has changed to "decision made". I just want to know if I'll be re-applying again or not. Another question is if the officer is now convinced that I have met the minimum requirement, will she request me to mail my passport? I don't know what to do and the waiting is killing me. Anyone with similar experiences?

upandgoing

Star Member
Mar 9, 2018
Hello everyone! I have a question. After you wrote the test and then had the interview, and assuming you passed everything, did the officer took your passport/PR card? I'm asking this because my situation was a bit strange. The officer that I talked to needed more additional document from me as she is not convinced with my physical presence as it is very close to 1095 days. I have submitted that document and a week later, my ECAS has changed to "decision made". I just want to know if I'll be re-applying again or not. Another question is if the officer is now convinced that I have met the minimum requirement, will she request me to mail my passport? I don't know what to do and the waiting is killing me. Anyone with similar experiences?

Decision made means your application outcome has been decided. Most probably you will get an oath invite soon. No they do not take your passport.

Reactions: nimbleB

AmirATM

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
Relax ..Decision made means Approved.

Reactions: nimbleB

canadian.dream1

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
I became a Canadian citizen on March 15th, 2019. The feeling and experience during the Oath Ceremony cannot be explained in totality, except someone is involved in the process. The ceremony was great and everyone (new Canadians) in the event were all excited. This concludes my immigration process from submitting my PR application in Sept 2011, and I started living in Canada from 2014. Honestly, the country is superb and loaded with huge level of opportunities; whatever you desire, and work hard to achieve, is very possible (with God's backing) in this great Country.
Good luck to everyone still in the process; please don't worry, yours will end well in praise. Thanks to everyone for all your support and to our Admin for completing our various updates whilst still in the process of waiting for the next steps.
Once more, thank you everyone. God bless you all and God bless Canada.
Hi, congratulations :)
at the oath ceremony they ask us to bring lots of documents. can you please help explain some of the process that occurs on oath day? do they take back our pr card and landing paper? why do they ask us to bring all our current and expired passports again? thanks

canadian.dream1

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
We got our Canadian passports yesterday. Our journey which started in year 2005 to Canada is now COMPLETE.

I trust all of you have a happy ending and we all make the best of this great country of ours - Canada

Thank you all and wishing you well in the remainder of your application process.
Hi, congratulations on getting passports :)
at the oath ceremony they ask us to bring lots of documents. can you please help explain some of the process that occurs on oath day? do they take back our pr card and landing paper? why do they ask us to bring all our current and expired passports again? thanks

qzpmtfgh

Mar 21, 2019
Mississauga, Single Applicant
Application sent: May 3, 2018
Application received: May 4, 2018
AOR: July 10, 2018
In Process: July 31, 2018

Still waiting for test :(

Emperor

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
App. Filed for MPNP Nomination: 20 Apr 2012; App. Filed After Nomination to CIC Nova Scotia: 28 Nov 2012; Credit card Charged: 07 Jan 2013
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13 Feb. 2013; RPRF Request: 13 Feb. 2013 and Payment Received By Accra VO: 22 Feb 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-Aug-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-Aug-2013
LANDED..........
14-Dec-2013
Hi, congratulations on getting passports :)

The CIC officials only took our PR cards. The lady told us she will be destroying the cards since will be issued our citizenship certificate after the ceremony.

It's only logical that they retrieve the PR cards and destroy it because you cant have two types of documents in Canada just when you landed the immigration office canceled your PR visa because you will be issued a PR Card.

The below video will help you understand how the ceremony is conducted

devpsd

Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
19-09-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
AOR1 15-10-2016 AOR2 2-11-2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
SA 24-10-2016
Med's Request
27-04-2017
Med's Done....
4-5-2017 (passed same day) BGC 11-05-2017 DM 13-05-2017
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
15-05-2017
The CIC officials only took our PR cards. The lady told us she will be destroying the cards since will be issued our citizenship certificate after the ceremony.
It's only logical that they retrieve the PR cards and destroy it because you cant have two types of documents in Canada just when you landed the immigration office canceled your PR visa because you will be issued a PR Card.
Thanks for sharing the video!
How long did it take approx for the entire event? The reason i am asking is unfortunately i have to go to work after the ceremony.

Emperor

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-Aug-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-Aug-2013
LANDED..........
14-Dec-2013
Thanks for sharing the video!
How long did it take approx for the entire event? The reason i am asking is unfortunately i have to go to work after the ceremony.
I would say max should be 1hr 30 minutes.

Reactions: devpsd