+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2018 - Citizenship Applicants

sunnybh

Dec 11, 2017
Hi Admin,
Can you please update my timeline
Panda86
I checked my ecas and this is what is writtent:

5-We sent you a notice on January 24, 2019 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on February 11, 2019

My question is am I supposed to receive a letter or an email?

Thank you and I wish the best for all the people that are still waiting
Cheers
Updated, thanks

hmel

Star Member
Oct 30, 2018
One thing I will tell you all those are waiting for their tests, DM or Oaths. The delays are caused by backlogs, overloaded CIC agents who are processing your files. It is normal to feel anxiety during such time and imagine negative scenarios. One way is to deal with some anxiety is to do some research and find out information that can alleviate your fears and anxieties.

Second way is to ensure that you not give too much stock to naysayers or negative people on this forum and around you. That will aggravate your anxiety.

Barring less than very very few people (the percentage is in decimals), all applications are processed within maximum 12 months and most are processed within 6-7 months.

A delay does not mean that your file is denied or there is problem with you case, it just means the swarmed CIC agents are working very slowly on their cases which includes yours.

Stay positive, ignore the naysayers and stop imagining negative scenarios. You will soon have completed your application process and got your Oath and citizenship. Then, you will realize that the anxiety was not worth it.

Good Luck to everyone here who are waiting. We know how it feels but it is just a matter of time, you will get your notifications.
I heard they are trying to get the refugee cases process faster so that they can vote in the upcoming election. is it true?

Vesimsyd

Star Member
Nov 24, 2018
Logically expectations from refugees to vote for current govt is more likely

Isn't same logic applied to expidete non refugee applications will result more votes

Reactions: jangotrick

hmel

Star Member
Oct 30, 2018
Logically expectations from refugees to vote for current govt is more likely

Isn't same logic applied to expidete non refugee applications will result more votes
I read a post here (not sure whether it got deleted or not) saying they profile each applicant into likely a liberal or likely a conservative supporter, and expedite the former one.

hmel

Star Member
Oct 30, 2018
NO, that is SO not true. I will tell you why.

Except for those are political asylum seekers and whose applications are approved on a contingent basis, all refugees go through a much longer vetting process in their applications. Refugees get an interim travel document so nothing is stopping them from travelling if they want. Political asylum seekers can apply for and usually get citizenship quickly.

Secondly, the CIC is the same agency that processes refugee claims (different than citizenship) and same CIC agents work on those cases. Since 2002, when CIC restructured itself and there were many layoffs, every government agent had to work multiple tasks to improve cross efficiency within departments. Anyone who thinks that CIC agents only process citizenship applications or do one activity are wrong.

As the number of refugees and asylum applications increase, CIC workload has increased.

Finally, the government has relaxed the rules for citizenship and everyone who becomes citizenship will most likely vote for the liberal government, either way, So, citizenship grants from non-refugees and non-asylum seekers will also benefit the government. As such they should fast track the applications. But they cannot as the bureaucracy works on its own pace, the applications need to be vetted, checked, double checked for errors. Citizenship has to be granted using a careful, diligent due process without taking any shortcuts. They are doing what they can but they are swarmed. Some centres are more swarmed than others. Some cities have much larger application intake than others. Each processing officer works at his/her own speed.

Hope this answers.

"all refugees go through a much longer vetting process in their applications."
"a much longer vetting process for all refugees"?????????????.....this really makes me laugh :pppppppppp

Vesimsyd

Star Member
Nov 24, 2018
It would be a scene to see if political parties set up stall/booths outside oath ceremony and argue " dont forget us".
I read a post here (not sure whether it got deleted or not) saying they profile each applicant into likely a liberal or likely a conservative supporter, and expedite the former one.
W

Reactions: amira041

hmel

Star Member
Oct 30, 2018
Irrespective of what you think, the vettting process is much longer. If you think the govt agencies just give citizenship to a refugee just like that, all i can is "What Can I say ?"

When people apply for citizenship, multi-agency checks are run through the Five Eyes network which includes US as well. If there is nothing in the database, there is nothing in the database. Bad apples can get in either from the refugee side or from routine applications.

BTW, google it...every year 3-4% of citizenship applications approved are audited and revoked based on providing false or incorrect information.
Well i m not arguing how strict or loose refugee becomes citizen. I am saying, "the much longer vesting for refugess" is interesting to hear. Looked at how many refugees were brought to Canada in how such a short amount of time by the Lib. So the long vesting just seems fun for me to hear. (And pls dont say I am racist, I am a minority and for sure an immigrant as well. )

Santiago7

Jul 26, 2018
Hello, Please, could you update my dates?

Santiago7
Montreal

Sent: May 22, 2018
Received: May 24, 2018
AOR: Jul 30, 2018
In process: August 15, 2018
Test invite letter: Nov 1, 2018
Test/interview: Dec 11, 2018
Decision made: Dec 12, 2018

Thanks,
Santiago

Raheel27a

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London, feb 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 feb 2013
Doc's Request.
14 aug 2014, 5 sep 2014, 16 sep 2014
File Transfer...
15 mar 2013
Med's Request
05 sep 2014
Med's Done....
15 sep 2014
Passport Req..
9th feb 2015 (passport submited thru VAC on 10th of feb 2015) (Decision Made on 18 feb 2015)
VISA ISSUED...
11th march 2015
Yesterday 25th jan, i passed my test and today (26th jan) my status say decision made
Please update
Thanks

Reactions: Vesimsyd