+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2018 - Citizenship Applicants

AmirATM

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
I don’t think they can tell you your test date unless it scheduled
No it doesn't , I call weekly, so far same answer I am getting in the last four weeks - " process is 1 year - everything seems ok , wait for Montreal office to send you a letter for the test ."

panda86

Feb 20, 2018
Hi Admin,
Can you please update my timeline
Panda86
I checked my ecas and this is what is writtent:

5-We sent you a notice on January 24, 2019 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on February 11, 2019

My question is am I supposed to receive a letter or an email?

Thank you and I wish the best for all the people that are still waiting
Cheers

upandgoing

Star Member
Mar 9, 2018
Hi Admin,
Can you please update my timeline
Panda86
I checked my ecas and this is what is writtent:

5-We sent you a notice on January 24, 2019 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on February 11, 2019

My question is am I supposed to receive a letter or an email?

Thank you and I wish the best for all the people that are still waiting
Cheers
Congrats! You will receive an email in due time, dont worry. Which is your processing centre?

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
based on " CIC wants equal representation of all ethnic origins in citizenship."
does that mean applicants from India, china, iran have longer wait time for oath than others?
The ethnicity factor is decided by the number of applications received per location and their ethnicity mix.If a lot of Indians and Chinese are applying from a city and there is someone from Poland, the Poland applicant will get priority in Oath (not in the processing). See this article and there are many like this. You can see that Philippines, Indians, Chinese and Iran have highest applicant rate. If you PM some people on this forum and they are willing to share their ethnicity, you will know what I am saying. I have PMed more than 16 people on this forum and the assertion is right.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/50-rise-in-canadian-citizenship-for-indians-this-year/articleshow/67248609.cms

BTW, it is confirmed that all oath scheduling is done by Sydney office. There is a lot of paperwork and system entries to be made after the DM is made and that is centrally handled from Sydney. The oath logistics is handled by the local office. Local logistics means local arrangements, not decision making.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ninjashadow

EstherBarros

Aug 18, 2014
BC- Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Doc's Request.
02-07-2015
AOR Received.
03-02-2015
File Transfer...
14-02-2015
Med's Done....
23-09-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2015
LANDED..........
22-08-2015
The ethnicity factor is decided by the number of applications received per location and their ethnicity mix.If a lot of Indians and Chinese are applying from a city and there is someone from Poland, the Poland applicant will get priority in Oath (not in the processing). See this article and there are many like this. You can see that Philippines, Indians, Chinese and Iran have highest applicant rate. If you PM some people on this forum and they are willing to share their ethnicity, you will know what I am saying. I have PMed more than 16 people on this forum and the assertion is right.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/50-rise-in-canadian-citizenship-for-indians-this-year/articleshow/67248609.cms

BTW, it is confirmed that all oath scheduling is done by Sydney office. There is a lot of paperwork and system entries to be made after the DM is made and that is centrally handled from Sydney. The oath logistics is handled by the local office. Local logistics means local arrangements, not decision making.
That is interesting, do you have any idea where I could find those stats including all of the percentages of ethnicities/nationalities granted citizenship? I googled around, but I may not be using the correct key words!

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
Does the oath only come via email or can they send it by Post as well?
Also, my status changed to DM on Dec 16 and I am a May applicant. Do you think I will have to wait until April? The officer who interviewed me said that I could receive my Oath anytime before May.
I suggest that you take a look on the excell spreadsheet and sort it by the local office. That will give you an idea how long the applicants from your city and your timeframe are waiting for the oath after DM.

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
That is interesting, do you have any idea where I could find those stats including all of the percentages of ethnicities/nationalities granted citizenship? I googled around, but I may not be using the correct key words!
The stats can be asked from CIC under a Freedom of Information request.

We get stats for a forecasting work and ask for specific details and have pay for the specifics, otherwise the details are free. Go to Citizenship Canada and file an Information request. Sometimes they will be posted in google news like on the link I posted, then they are public.

Reactions: EstherBarros

Haa44325

Aug 9, 2012
This is from the Calgary Centre
This is confirm that I just received my oath of citizenship letter today (few minutes ago), but dated January 24th 2019 and the ceremony is booked for March 15th 2019.

Admin, please update my timelines. Thank you in advance for this.

Congrats in advance to everyone, who are still expecting their Oath Ceremony letter. You are almost there.

Haa44325

Aug 9, 2012
This is from the Calgary Centre
This is confirm that I just received my oath of citizenship letter today (few minutes ago), but dated January 24th 2019 and the ceremony is booked for March 15th 2019.

Admin, please update my timelines. Thank you in advance for this.

Congrats in advance to everyone, who are still expecting their Oath Ceremony letter. You are almost there.
The Oath Ceremony letter also says, your Citizenship application was approved Nov 19th 2018